Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Cover Version Thread

Started by quadraspazzed, September 03, 2005, 07:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

Fans of hardcore noise and cover versions will love Rank Sinatra - an Australian breakcore producer aka Guy Sterling/7u?/777/DJ Rainbow Ejaculation who takes classic pop songs, and then totally destroys them. The best way to describe his stuff is that he takes pop songs, eats them, then shits them into an overpowered amp. If that makes sense.

More here: www.667u.com (NSFW)

Alternatively, there's a remix I did of his cover of Christina Aguilera's Beautiful over at MySpace, which kind of gives you an idea of the sort of thing he does: www.myspace.com/djmixomatosis

Cack Hen

I absolutely love his cover of Take On Me. I heard it sampled on a People Like Us album, I think.

Lee

Ah People Like Us. Am I the only person who really doesn't see the fuss? I saw her do a live show a few months ago, and it was one of the dullest things I've ever seen.

And yes, that Take On Me cover's great. He's just sent me a cover of that I Was Made For Loving You song for a compilation I'm doing - it's very very good. :D