Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weirdest repeated/looped thought you've had recently or ever

Started by Goldentony, January 09, 2024, 01:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

So for ages when I get sort of really into something I like to look up all the information and listen to all the shit if it's a band. One offshoot of this is when I like something my brain will torture me by looping parts of what i've seen or read or heard and just over and fucking over again will insert it into every thought i'm having. Lately they've mostly been musical and it's mostly involved hearing the chorus to 4 3 2 1 by The Adicts which luckily I know the words to so it hasn't been too bad, but what kicked this thread off was i've just heard Motorhead by Motorhead and remembered - back in November I was doing a lot of reading and to add atmos I just listened non stop to every Motorhead live recording before about 1987 that I could find. I like the song Motorhead but don't really know the words apart from CHRISTMAS and MOTORHEAD and as a consequence for about two weeks straight, two weeks easy, my head would loop the verse riff, the version that's on On Parole, and for the words all I could hear was

WANKIN' OFF INTO A PALLARELLOGRAM

and since it's the version from On Parole there's the little BE NERNER NOWWWW so it all fits.

I hadn't listened to the song since because it took a bit of a toll hearing that over and over with the image of a sort of public information film style illustrated Lemmy trapped in a parallellogram wanking over and over going round like a clock. Thinking about it all again made me come to terms with how weird it is I spent just seeing and hearing that whenever I was just idle for a second. I once heard the word Saugerties as in Saugerties, New York and again for a similar length of time perhaps, ages ago, I would just over and over again hear SAAAAAUGERTIES YOU MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEEEEEEER and wanting to constantly reply to nothing while out with SAUGERTIES MOTHER FUCKER.

Have you ever experienced this? Do you have examples? if there's mistakes above i'm not checking can I be arsed at all with that get absolutely fucked there mate

BJBMK2

I once had a dream which involved Matt Lucas uttering the words "Are you doin a wee or a poo?", in a sort of strangled baby voice (think Prince from Rock Profile), and for about 48 hours, I just kept mentally hearing that over and over, and over.

shoulders

Very similar, whenever I enter a bathroom and see a tube of toothpaste it flicks and I internally shout COLGATE YOU WANKAH

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Mine aren't really weird.  Sky-high six thousand miles away is on constant loop (odd but not weird).  Think it's because it's a great working/walking/speeding mantra.  Also HOLY FAAAAK!  Just pops out, loud and proud, very loud, when working, beavering away, polishing and scrubbing, there's just this quiet old couple, crouching, mild, in their chairs reading or doing suduko or some shit.  Can be difficult.  Luckily, we have the language barrier to contend with.  Also, I am the master of the universe... another Lemmy adjacent ejaculation which may have relevance.

Steve Faeces

A couple of weeks before Christmas I was waiting for the post office to open and looking in the window of the dry cleaner and saw a sign that had a picture of a moth on and the text "IT'S GAME OVER FOR MOTHS."

Since then, so coming on a month now, I have thought about and repeated internally the phrase IGOFM multiple times a day. If nothing else is occupying my thoughts I default to IGOFM.

Minami Minegishi

Little red corvette

The kind you find in a second hand store

Little red corvette

And if it was warm she wouldn't wear much more

Buelligan

Forgot to say, my brother has it always rains in Eldoret in an Afrikaans accent.  He inherited it from our great uncle.  Not even lying.

Actually where my username is from, weirdly. "Mechanical blood in a mechanical goat" repeated into an abyss of insanity in a robot voice, a bit like Devo's "mechanical man" now I think of it.

About twenty years ago I woke up with a fragment of song going round in my head saying "Party dancer... always moving... leaving all the party corpse fuckers behind!" and since then it still pops up from time to time like a recurring boil of mental acid reflux.

touchingcloth

Every time I go down to the hens to collect their eggs I think "I am the egg man".

Zetetic

"I can't be who you are" from Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park.

Partner and I had a period recently where every morning we'd wake up and one of us would need to listen to the whole song to clear it out of our heads.

My parents used to buy a knock-off supermarket own brand Cheerios called, improbably. "Multi-Grain Hooplas".

Even though it's been years since I left home and/or last savoured the delights of the Hoopla, I sometimes still feel an uncontrollable urge to go around my present abode squawking "MULTI-GRAAAAIN HOOOOPLAAAAAS!" in the voice of an extremely high-pitched middle class maiden aunt. Try it yourself, I think you'll find it's a lotta fun.

Sebastian Cobb

Keep getting the chorus of this bastard stuck in my head.

Don't even know the words so it's just a garbled melody really.

Armed Traffic Warden

I work in the wines department of a supermarket. Whenever I see this wine:

https://www.decantalo.com/uk/59904-product_img/beronia-gran-reserva.jpg

I think to myself - "BERONIA! Red wine with clout!" in the stupid Covonia voice. Every bloody time. About 11 years I've worked in that department.
  In fact, my entire workplace is a trigger of various sayings and songs. For some reason, one of the lifts always triggers 'white Christmas' and the room that we keep spare shelves et cetera, always triggers the teenage mutant ninja turtles theme.
  We rather pathetically, started putting little signs on our shelves, saying "why not try this?" And when I see them, I read them in the voice of a man begging for his life " why not just let me go? No one would know! I promise I won't tell anyone!" And then imagine that person being murdered in any number of ways.
  I'm not sure if this is relevant to the thread, but I've typed it, so it is now a fait accompli at this point.

Russ L

I read about Jimmy Carter beig attacked by a "swamp rabbit" (this is 100% real) last summer and spent a good three weeks with it repeatedly popping into my head unbidden.  Just couldn't stop imagining it.

The Mollusk

I spend an inordinate amount of time casually observing things and in my head going "[thing I'm witnessing] is it mate" as if in a derogatory judgemental way.

Running for the bus is it mate

Going on holiday is it mate

Eating an orange there is it mate

Having a laugh with your mates in the pub is it mate

The inside of my head is a constant swarm of midges so I think my brain does this as a way of dumbing things down to observing things in the least analytical way possible, literally just observing the thing so I can catch a break from constantly obsessing over minute details of the world around me all the time. But I think it's making me even more cynical and low-key misanthropic. At the very least it's not a productive way to conduct my thoughts and if anything serves to do nothing more than pile on top of the already perpetual rot of my mental existence.

Posting on the forum is it mate

Buelligan

Quote from: Russ L on January 09, 2024, 12:52:23 PMI read about Jimmy Carter beig attacked by a "swamp rabbit" (this is 100% real) last summer and spent a good three weeks with it repeatedly popping into my head unbidden.  Just couldn't stop imagining it.

The swamp rabbit thought must have been pregnant before it arrived in your head.  You'll never get rid of them now.

non capisco

There's the abandoned remains of an Indian restaurant round the corner from my building called 'Shamrat' and I think I must have thought to myself "Not even a real rat" nearly every time I've walked past it. For a bit of temporal context I moved into the area in 2006.

There's also some kind of children's pre-school nursery nearby that for some reason is called 'Witty Kiddies' which as well as conjuring horrible images of three year olds cosplaying as David Mitchell and Stephen Fry on a panel game also has my head doing this to the tune of Son Of My Father - "Ohhhhhhhh, witty kiddies! They're little fucking wankers and I hate them all!"

Buelligan

Bloodyhell.  Reminds me, there was a graffiti on a stone wall near a church in Brixton.  Every time I rode to Brighton I'd keep thinking THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS THE SHIVS SHIVS SHIVS SHIVS  SHIVS SHIVS SHIVS SHIVS...

Russ L

Quote from: Buelligan on January 09, 2024, 05:57:23 PMThe swamp rabbit thought must have been pregnant before it arrived in your head.  You'll never get rid of them now.

You could be right - Jimmy Carters famously breed at an astonishing rate.

Magnum Valentino

Last time I was seriously ill (vertigo) I kept waking up and just thinking "sanguisiggabogg" over and over. Never heard them. When I got better I listened to them and they're SHITE.

non capisco

Often get the name 'Carlos Mendoza' in my head, said in a drawn out camp Kenneth Williams-esque drawl. Carlos Mendooooooooza.

Dunno who that is.

Magnum Valentino

The shouted Mendoza is from the Simpsons if that helps. You've then campified it, admirably.

non capisco

Sebastian Cobb

Magnum's right but Carlos Mendoza (dunno simpsons Mendoza's first name) is a a real baseball guy.