Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Matchstick man's matchstick fuck up

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 07, 2024, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

This is BOLLOCKS.

Next he'll be like 'didn't glue them together actually either, sounded like it would take ages, so I just carved it out of one big match.'

Norton Canes

Nice publicity for all concerned, job's good.

Butchers Blind

How can we teach our children about honesty when matchstick eiffel builders are cheating their way to victory.

Norton Canes

What would you do with all the sulphur you'd scraped from 706,900 matches, anyway? Stick it in a jar? Bit risky.

Norton Canes

Heh, you could say... you could say, right... this was the biggest match fixing scandal since John Higgins met those journalists

idunnosomename

Well exactly. I thought all "matchstick" construction was done with craft matchsticks. It's a strange story this. Something stinks (im not talking about France hon hon hon)

madhair60

truly the Billy Mitchell of false matchstick eiffel tower constructors

famethrowa

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 09, 2024, 12:11:12 PMHeh, you could say... you could say, right... this was the biggest match fixing scandal since John Higgins met those journalists

Clive James would be all over that kind of material

Norton Canes

Eiffel Tower model constructor killed as sulphur from 706,900 matches explodes in face

boki

This cont been burned alive in a wicker man of his own creation yet?

popcorn

I was initially with the Guinness lads on this one in not giving it to him. It's no good saying you've built something out of matchsticks if you've turned them into something that aren't really functionally matchsticks any more.

But then I saw that they would have been happy to give it to him if he had simply modified each matchstick by hand, and in fact this apparently is what building things out of matchsticks generally involves. So I agree with Guinness giving it to him after all.

What I'm saying is that I agree with both decisions in all circumstances.

idunnosomename

What if you just dumped millions of matchsticks in an eight-metre tall pile? How is that not a sculpture?

boki

I heard that this story was broken by - wait for it - Paris Match.