Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,789
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Genius of Bread

Started by Lemming, February 08, 2024, 09:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemming

From January 16th, 1917. How is it that nobody has built on her theories in the last 107 years?

I'm trying to visualise what Mrs X envisioned but I can only sort of get vague glimpses of it, which fade into darkness as my mind outright refuses to confront a discovery of such magnitude. Seems like one way to make this happen would be to have some form of heated metal rod which the dough is then wrapped around, causing the inside to become more cooked than the outside, but that's fraught (inside burned to a crisp, outside all doughy).

Anyone got any ideas on how to build on Mrs X's pioneering work?

touchingcloth

Can they selectively breed one of those chickens that lays long cylinders of egg for gala pies? Or two chickens assuming you need more than one to breed. Maybe make a chicken fuck a wheat?

Sebastian Cobb

Tina Weymouth's first drafts

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Maybe if you put a layer of exothermic material (nuclear or C4 possibly) just under the top layer of dough before you baked it, then you'd have to find some way of starting the reaction during the process. There would also have to be some layer of deflecting material directly under the exothermic one in order to concentrate the blast outwards instead of inwards.

Inspector Norse

Bake bread
Put more dough around it
Bake again
Cut off outer crust

You'd want the outer layer to be something that bakes quickly to stop the middle getting burnt, but shouldn't be too complicated.

Jerzy Bondov

I'm surprised she has the time to make bread while also roaming the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Station.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

She's dead now isn't she, Mrs X. They're all dead. So sad. All those hopes, all those dreams of innovative bread.

Shaxberd

Bake a large, flat loaf. Cut it in half across its width, resulting in two even flatter pieces with the soft parts exposed. Roll up each piece like a Swiss roll, soft bit facing outwards.

If you want all the crust inside you could just do it as a tube and then put something in the middle. Maybe cheese and pickle, you could sell it from a van as an 'English burrito'.

Norton Canes

Luckily her son would go on to create a race of superhero mutants

Dex Sawash

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Culture Bunker

David Gates leaves thread frustrated at his talent once again being unrecognised.

Lemming

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 08, 2024, 09:57:35 AMTina Weymouth's first drafts
What you gonna do when you get outta jail?
I'm gonna bake some bread
What do you consider bread?
Bread, inverse bread

I'm going to have a go at baking a bagel with the hole on the outside.

Cuellar

Mrs X dreams of the possibilities of bread:

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 08, 2024, 10:12:39 AMShe's dead now isn't she, Mrs X. They're all dead. So sad. All those hopes, all those dreams of innovative bread.

breaks your heart don't it

Solid Jim

The crazy thing is that sliced bread hadn't been invented yet. So at that point, everyone was still trying to cram the entire loaf into their mouth. The point being, it seems to us like the more obvious innovation but that's the benefit of a century's hindsight.

Video Game Fan 2000

bake it in an upside down bunt cake tin

imitationleather

The best thing since inside out bread

Video Game Fan 2000

her husband sat there with the boys at the coal face, with his inside out U shaped sarnies

dying of shame

Video Game Fan 2000

sitting down to dinner "what the fucks this, love?"

"i know how much you like yorkshire pudding with your boiled beef and cabbage, so i invented boiled yorkshire pudding and cabbage"

joachim phoenix in Andy Capp: Origins

NoSleep

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on February 08, 2024, 11:30:25 AMDavid Gates leaves thread frustrated at his talent once again being unrecognised.

There's breadmaking machines nowadays.

JesusAndYourBush

Jean Boht receives Nobel Prize

Vodkafone

Carla Lane's hopes dashed.

And rightly so.

Terence Bowl

Could be she right into her soup and dreamed of having a loaf that was all outsiders.

Oosp

1. Mix the ingredients in a bowl
2. Invert the entire universe
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

thenoise

Why not just turn the loaf tin inside out?

Might have to turn the oven inside out too, not sure. Or would they cancel each other out? More research required.

Senior Baiano

Tom Tom Club and Peter Kropotkin both consider rewrite

Edit- damn two people already got there with TTC. Never mind, "It don't matter to me" lol

dissolute ocelot

If you get a really big naan bread that coats the entire inside of your tandoor and cook it too long, presumably that's your answer.

Any explanation what this is for? Only benefit I can think of is to stop the rest of the bread getting wet in your sandwich. Or was she planning to dunk it in a gigantic pot of soup and pick the soft soupy bits off the outside?