Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pancake Day!

Started by lauraxsynthesis, February 13, 2024, 09:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Surrogate

Just had some lovely home-made pancakes.

Happy Shrove Tuesday!

baptist

Defford doing home made next year. Just had some Yankee doodle dandee mix and it was sub par.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've had pancakes for lunch and pudding, because that's what Jesus would have wanted.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on February 13, 2024, 04:47:00 PMGoing to make pancakes* today as my wife has never had proper pancakes*, instead she prefers that fluffy shit they serve in the USA.

Proper British pancakes* with no fluff or air at all, just stodgy cooked batter with grainy sugar and eye-watering amounts of lemon juice.

Spoiler alert
crêpes
[close]

So, made them from scratch and really enjoyed them but mai waif didn't understand the lemon at all, and preferred it with butter and maple syrup. I'm sure I have been programmed to enjoy the taste due to being a religious little cunt who would welcome lent with open arms.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 13, 2024, 05:41:34 PMNow we come to the tradition of waiting for the new one star reviews on Tesco pancake mix

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/290962886

Low quilts turned into mash potato would not recommend VERY Disappointed

?

Saw someone buying this in Tesco Express earlier. "Just buy flour, milk and eggs, making pancakes normally is piss easy you idiot." I thought, but I didn't say it.

Toki

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on February 13, 2024, 09:50:40 PMSo, made them from scratch and really enjoyed them but mai waif didn't understand the lemon at all, and preferred it with butter and maple syrup. I'm sure I have been programmed to enjoy the taste due to being a religious little cunt who would welcome lent with open arms.

How about jam next time? It's closer in texture to syrup and could be a gateway to lemon. Personally I had lemon, jam AND a drizzle of sugar, like a fucking boss.

Norton Canes

Yogurt and date syrup. Yeah.

daf

Cast iron pan cracked a few years ago, but it was too good to throw out, so we cut the broken bits off, and Faye Presto : I present  - The George Formby Banjo Griddle!

George says : "Turned out nice again!"

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Toki on February 13, 2024, 10:08:27 PMHow about jam next time? It's closer in texture to syrup and could be a gateway to lemon. Personally I had lemon, jam AND a drizzle of sugar, like a fucking boss.

Didn't even think of that. I've got some blueberry jam - will try tomorrow morning.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Beagle 2 on February 13, 2024, 03:14:41 PMLast year my wife tried to give the kids pancakes that exclusively contained spinach and pine nuts. Terrible scenes. Even I was in tears.

Mrs F gets pretty radgy when I keep (occasionally mention) going on about wanting to make savoury pancakes.

If you do end up kicking Mrs Beagle2 out (or vice versa) then please could you pass her my number? I will return the favour if requested.

Ferris

I'm far too middle class to eat pancakes, so I served up galettes (yes, with wild-fermented buckwheat batter) and your choice of mushrooms, onions, sharp cheddar, and lardons. Cast iron pan of course.

Get on my level, scrubs.

Dex Sawash

We had waffles instead. Discovered i had under-reported the number of waffle making devices we own in the waffle thread.

Shrove it in your cakehole!

dissolute ocelot

Do crisps count as pancakes? They're flat and fried, and covered with an assortment of weird flavourings. If not, did nothing.

The Mollusk

Quote from: frajer on February 13, 2024, 05:02:16 PMmcd's pretty good also

also pizza

This is your first Batter Offence™, please stay on topic.

Ferris

The Mollusk

We got some of the Crackd "egg replacer" (what a horrible phrase) yesterday as we'd not had much luck with vegan pancake recipes before now. It was actually really good. Fucked the first one and felt defeated but turns out the pan just hadn't heated enough. The rest of them turned out very decent.

Savoury: Fried some green beans, mushrooms, carrot and spinach with cumin, paprika and other spices, topped off with a drizzle of sriracha.

Sweet: Sliced banana, crushed walnuts and covered in probably too much chocolate sauce made with Alpro cream substitute, cocoa powder and sugar.

Fuckin great, inhaled the lot.

frajer

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 04:57:35 PMThis is your first Batter Offence™, please stay on topic.

come on do you like 2 eat pizza

The Mollusk

We have been through this with far too many people. I am sorry. This could have been so much better than you made it. Your contributions are "flat as a pancake".

frajer's IP blocked from C&B ChatZone

dontpaintyourteeth

didn't make pancakes this year. couldn't be arsed. please don't block me from the chat I'd be devastated

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 05:34:30 PMSavoury: Fried some green beans, mushrooms, carrot and spinach with cum in, paprika and other spices, topped off with a drizzle of sriracha.

As if spinach couldn't get worse.

QuoteFuckin great, inhaled the lot.

i bet you did you dirty

frajer

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 05:45:13 PMWe have been through this with far too many people. I am sorry. This could have been so much better than you made it. Your contributions are "flat as a pancake".

frajer's IP blocked from C&B ChatZone

:(

"Shrove It My Way," I guess.

frajer

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 05:34:30 PMWe got some of the Crackd "egg replacer" (what a horrible phrase)

La-di-da. Aquafaba (the rank looking water that canned chickpeas come in) is good enough for a peasant like me.

But I did use eggs in the second lot we made - flexitarian hypocrite that I am.

bgmnts

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 05:34:30 PMWe got some of the Crackd "egg replacer" (what a horrible phrase) yesterday as we'd not had much luck with vegan pancake recipes before now. It was actually really good. Fucked the first one and felt defeated but turns out the pan just hadn't heated enough. The rest of them turned out very decent.

Egg substitute for certain things can be quite difficult. I feel that for foods like pancakes, your bananas and aquafaba and that just doesn't have the same effect as an egg does.

Some of mine came out alright this year though.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Just made pancakes, except for that I didn't put in any flour. I also didn't put in very much milk. Ok I made an omelette

The Mollusk

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on February 14, 2024, 06:53:47 PMLa-di-da. Aquafaba (the rank looking water that canned chickpeas come in) is good enough for a peasant like me.

But I did use eggs in the second lot we made - flexitarian hypocrite that I am.

Hey I'm relatively peasanty myself, just grabbed it on an absolutely insane whim on Monday night. Sometimes you just need posh pancakes in your life, and by some mad coincidence that time happened to be right before the national day of eating them.

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on February 14, 2024, 07:38:44 PMJust made pancakes, except for that I didn't put in any flour. I also didn't put in very much milk. Ok I made an omelette
During Lent? Jesus is gonna duff you up, big time.