Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Site Updates fun

Started by rudi, March 29, 2010, 01:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetToStun

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2010, 02:16:35 PM
Yeah well I'm getting fucking diet patches.

I've been to Norn Iron; I've seen what you lot eat and it's nearly as bad as Scotland. About fucking time you tried the patches if you ask me.

Joy Nktonga

I keep getting Scientology ads and one for creating an online community. The former particularly amuses me considering the website it's appearing on.

tater pie

eluc55

QuoteName and shame
Know about corruption? Want to name & shame someone? We can help
www.TalkToThePress.co.uk

You can't handle the truth.

tater pie

I also seem to be getting a lot of insurance adverts - particularly galling as I don't own anything that actually requires insurance. 

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I've got hair dye and makeover searches. Either I really need to become less shallow, they are massive sexists, or based on my previous internet history they're advising me to go on the run. Most likely all three.

Also: dark urine?

Edit: I'm also being suggested van insurance, so that gives theory number three extra credence.

the midnight watch baboon

The limerick thread is advertising hotels in... Limerick!

sirhenry

I keep being offered publication of a book (or graphic novel) in Dutch.[nb]I'm assuming; I don't speak Dutch[/nb] Luckily for me I've already got two mutually exclusive publishing contracts, so I'm not tempted. Sorry, Neil.

chocky909

Oh they're user specific ads? So me revealing that I'm getting ads to "meet black men in your area" would say something about my Internet search history?

Neil, is there any way to have ads that don't illuminate my patheticness quite so nakedly?

Zero Gravitas

I think I've been mixed up with Stephen Fry.

QuoteMessage Board Moderation
Make sure your brand is protected in an online community.
www.ICucModeration.com

mook

Quote from: Joy Nktonga on August 06, 2010, 02:47:18 PM
I keep getting Scientology ads ...

me too, and screwfix, which sadly doesn't link me to pictures of fuckable scientologists in my area, which is weird seeing as i live in east sussex.

HappyTree

Where are these ads? I don't see nothin'.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: chocky909 on August 06, 2010, 07:47:58 PM
Oh they're user specific ads? So me revealing that I'm getting ads to "meet black men in your area" would say something about my Internet search history?

Neil, is there any way to have ads that don't illuminate my patheticness quite so nakedly?

That's what you get for befriending Purple Aki.

hpmons

QuoteSpecial Ops Watch ®
Official UK Based Dealer of Watch Worn by Jack Bauer on 24 : Season 5

Oh yes.

DocDaneeka

Pfft ads who cares about them? The more pressing issue is the blue CaB in the top left corner looking a bit shit with its oversized wrongness.

rudi

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2010, 02:16:35 PM
Yeah well I'm getting fucking diet patches.

:D

I've had a sole diet of car/van insurance ads. Odd, as I don't own a car, nor ever have.