Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Compulsively referencing popular culture

Started by non capisco, July 22, 2010, 09:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAYRDRYAH

Quote from: hummingofevil on July 27, 2010, 02:19:36 PMon University Challenge.

Every time Alex Guttenplan buzzes in.....

ROGER TILLING: 'Guttenplan!'
MY HEAD:
Spoiler alert
Lisa needs braces
[close]

phes

IAP's robot waitress "TEA OR COFFEE, TEA OR COFFEE?" is fired out from the kitchen on most days. I do it at work but they just think i'm an idiot boy, unsurprisingly.

turnstyle

When getting someone a drink 'Freshen yer drink, guvnor?'

Also, when offering someone a drink, I feel compelled to do Uncle Monty's 'Sherry? Sherry. Sherry? Sherry.'

Lyndon

Quote from: HAYRDRYAH on July 28, 2010, 12:19:51 AM
Every time Alex Guttenplan buzzes in.....

ROGER TILLING: 'Guttenplan!'
MY HEAD:
Spoiler alert
Lisa needs braces
[close]

That's a good one.

Treguard of Dunshelm

When told the price of something I often feel the uncontrollable urge to reply in the style of Terry Tibbs: "Fehfty paand? You're 'avin a crap up a laaamppost! Sun, ah'll give ya twenty paand anna go onnna whyfe, take it or nuffin."

Marty McFly

On a similar note, I usually respond to that kind of thing with 'Steep? It's effing vertical!' a la Richie in Bottom

mycroft

Quote from: turnstyle on July 28, 2010, 01:47:08 PMAlso, when offering someone a drink, I feel compelled to do Uncle Monty's 'Sherry? Sherry. Sherry? Sherry.'

I do that one a lot. Also, whenever I find something/someone I've been looking for, I have to say "Oh, there she is!" in the style of Monty during the card game.

Whenever I see Paul McCartney, I hear Chris Morris quoting him as saying "Get that gook out of here!". Livens up a game of Beatles Rock Band.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Oh, that's reminded me, me and my brother refer to paedophiles as "3 pin DIN plugs" (or sometimes "the crazy world of Arthur Brown") a la the Brasseye special.

vic spanner

'(anything) for sale'

always gets a 'but where, but where, but where? Over there by the beefburgers' from me. Which is a pain, 'cos there's quite a lot of it about.