Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People you thought were gay

Started by Cerys, July 23, 2010, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Receiving some Bible justice there...

Zero Gravitas

thepuffpastryhangman

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 25, 2010, 11:53:12 PM
Oh and someone (possibly pphm) mentioned Mitchell's recent, late night mugging as evidence for him being gay, suggesting it was a Kevin Spacey walking his dog on Hampstead Heath at 4am and getting 'mugged' situation. He was mugged near his flat on the way back from a party, seems fairly standard.

Except for David Mitchell being at a party. That seems a little out of character.

Nope, it wasn't me. I'm not the rumour monger. I'm the one whose post caused you stand up from from your computer and spontaneously applaud. Unless standing up from your computer and spontaneously applauding a post is something you make a habit of, I'd have thought that might've marked me out.

"I actually stood up and applauded this post."

mook

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 02, 2010, 02:09:04 AM
Clearly a Freemason however.

that's totally unfair - he was clearly just about to go for a paddle in the briny, but got so excited by the idea he sensibly decided to calm down for a bit in the world's first totally unfalloutable chair.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: thepuffpastryhangman on August 02, 2010, 09:07:37 AM
Nope, it wasn't me. I'm not the rumour monger. I'm the one whose post caused you stand up from from your computer and spontaneously applaud. Unless standing up from your computer and spontaneously applauding a post is something you make a habit of, I'd have thought that might've marked me out.

"I actually stood up and applauded this post."

It was a very good post, to be fair.

George Oscar Bluth II

Sorry pphm, it was Danger Man who done the thing.

Quote from: Danger Man on July 24, 2010, 08:36:54 AM
No, if you do that you'll only encourage people like me to say "Bloody hell, David Mitchell lives with some bloke (who he calls his lodger just like David Laws did) and even got mugged at 3am in the morning (which, when it happened to Kevin Spacey, set everybodys gaydars off at full volume) but we all want to pretend he really is Mark Corrigan and is just a bit nervous around girls"

thepuffpastryhangman

Thanks. I wasn't kicking off as such. But as I'm subject to regular accusations of biased intent, I knee jerkedly jumped to cover my back.

David Mitchell's confidence appears to have grown so much in the last few years I can't see why he'd have any problem coming out. Whether this was hinted at in the recent Look when both some woman (I forget who, was it Mrs Webb?) and Jimmy Floyd Bachman both acknowledged Davidis "great at cunnilingus", I dunno. Though Mitchell has often mentioned wanted to 'meet the right girl', maybe the right girl's a guy. I can't believe he doesn't get nuff female offers.

Increased confidence could be associated with his weight loss. I've seen that lots of times, my best friend recently lost a lot of weight and achieved his first girlfriend. We thought he was gay for years.

As for Bachman's knowledge of Mitchell's oral skillz, cunnilingus was specifically mentioned, and can cunnilingus even be performed on a man? I think it was just showing - in the universe of the sketch at least - how legendary Mitchell's abilities are, how widely known, rather than suggesting Mitchell has had a go on Bachman. I would ask, but I'm not sure enquiring about shared sexual trysts counts as 'bland factual information'...

Ah, the sketch doesn't really warrant this level of analysis, does it? I've come to the conclusion that, despite my wishful thinking, Mitchell is straight. He doesn't seem the sort of person who would hide such a fact. He's perfectly comfortable playing gay characters, and you can imagine him writing one of his exquisitely sensible columns explaining that there's nothing wrong with it.

Of course it's possible that, like Mark Corrigan's gay wobble, it just hasn't occurred to him yet.

thepuffpastryhangman

I agree, why would Mitchell hide it? But as a not unattractive, reasonably well informed, relatively witty and increasingly affable character, not to mention he's on the telly a lot, his prolonged unattachment, despite him dearing it's not his ideal, becomes increasingly baffling.

He seems to have become increasingly political too. I hope, should he become partnered, it doesn't overly mellow him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He doesn't strike me as gay at all.

But if he does come out, I hope he does it as part of a 'truth or lie' section on Would I Lie To You?

boxofslice

Quote from: imitationleather on August 02, 2010, 01:55:41 AM

Didn't he have some experiences with the same sex in his teens/ early 20's, bit like actor Tom Hardy who recently fessed up to some homosexual dabblings growing up.

thepuffpastryhangman

He's certainly aroused a few chaps in his time. I was up for Portillo myself in '97.

tater pie

Quote from: boxofslice on August 02, 2010, 12:18:52 PM
Didn't he have some experiences with the same sex in his teens/ early 20's, bit like actor Tom Hardy who recently fessed up to some homosexual dabblings growing up.

Yeah I remember hearing that - and after that I assumed he was gay.  Am I wrong then? 

Also Simon Schama - WHAAAAA???

Blue Jam

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 25, 2010, 08:17:51 PM

Must be a Shirley surely.

The makers of SpongeBob SquarePants like to drop a few unsubtle hints:

As for Ryan Seacrest, I thought that one was the second-worst kept secret after Tom Cruise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJRkKRlsUE

EDIT: Searching deviantart for TTOI stuff is more disturbing than searching LiveJournal:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/166/0/2/Political_Interest_by_mcflea007.jpg

Braintree

Andrew Stone from Pineapple Dance Studios, who keeps insisting he only likes girls

Hmmm....

tater pie

Quote from: Braintree on August 03, 2010, 10:11:13 AM
Andrew Stone from Pineapple Dance Studios, who keeps insisting he only likes girls

Hmmm....

That looks like someone's photoshopped a gay head onto a gay body. 

copylight

Also that snooker cue remains straight despite the foregrounded gayeness .