Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:48:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Please, what is this hazy, sexy memory1?!

Started by the midnight watch baboon, August 04, 2010, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the midnight watch baboon

Morning,

I've had a scene from something... not sure if it's TV or a film, UK or US... stuck in my head for a couple of days now and I can't remember what it's from, even though I can sort of picture and hear the faces and voices involved.

It's a group of guys spying on, or at least keenly watching a couple, who are getting off with each other with increasing vigour as the scene plays out, and the men watching are all going, 'he's gonna do her!' and that, but the group's head honcho keeps replying 'he's not gonna actually DO her'... it carries on in that fashion for a bit until the honcho finally admits, 'okay, he IS gonna do her/MIGHT do her!'.

All details are sketchy, anyone know what the Dickenson I'm on about?

Kind regards,

tmwb.

Shit yeah! I had misremembered several details, but it is that! Thank you, true messiah.

VegaLA

There are some classic lines in that film.
I like how IMDB refer to Mel Smith's cockney banter as "Gibberish"!

rudi

How did you get that from that?!?

You're a dangerous man, alco; them's wizard skilz...

It wasn't THAT far from what I remembled.

It iz a skilz film though

biggytitbo

I like how bizarre their children are, especially Audrey. European vacation is on the face of it a crass wallow in comic stereotypes, but that does it a disservice. It's actually a brilliantly sly satire on American ignorance and stupidity, each ludicrous national stereotype is actually holding a mirror up to Americas own insular small world view. Probably.

alan nagsworth

Damn. I came here to suggest that it was 'Kentucky Fried Movie'.

rudi

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 05, 2010, 08:11:49 AM
I like how bizarre their children are, especially Audrey. European vacation is on the face of it a crass wallow in comic stereotypes, but that does it a disservice. It's actually a brilliantly sly satire on American ignorance and stupidity, each ludicrous national stereotype is actually holding a mirror up to Americas own insular small world view. Probably.

yeah, I think that's an arguab;e point. The family certainly don't come out of it well.