Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rubbish adverts and how rubbish they are

Started by Jaffa The Cake, October 18, 2004, 09:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

QuoteIt can hold up to 30 ml of menstrual blood. The average amount of menstrual blood women shed is 80-100 ml each period.

The Keeper is available in two sizes.

A- for women who have had children (by vaginal birth)
B- for women who haven't had children or have had children by caesarean section

The Keeper lasts for ten years and therefore there are no monthly expenses (unlike when you use pads or tampons). It's believed that 7 million tampons and their wrappings are thrown away each year and some of the manufacturers' plastic applicators are considered to have a serious effect on the environment, harming beach biospheres and endangering animal life.just imagine the effect that pads, which are much bigger than tampons, will have on the environment!

Lovely.

petula dusty

Well, I don't care how ecologically sound it is I'm not stuffing a rubber cup up MY flange every month thank you very much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotejust imagine the effect that pads, which are much bigger than tampons, will have on the environment!

Maybe they can be converted to absorb CO2 emissions.

chav

Nah, much better to shove an over-sized cotton bud up there instead...

petula dusty

I get your point but I'd rather use an absorbent wodge of cotton wool or stick a pad in my pants than have to fish around and empty out a small rubber cup filled with my menstrual flow several times a day.  

Of course I'd much rather not have to deal with the whole messy business at all but it's all part of the lovely, flowery feminine mystiquerie of being a lady. I don't know why they've started making scented tampons as everyone knows lady-blood smells of strawberries anyway.

terminallyrelaxed

"I woke up dreaming.........

.......I was a far better lyricist"

Braintree

Quote from: "petula dusty"Well, I don't care how ecologically sound it is I'm not stuffing a rubber cup up MY flange every month thank you very much.

If you are out in a public toilet do women really just leave the cubicle to go and clean it and put it under the dryer?

I also imagine a lot of friction which when pulling the moon cup out could cause your other bits to come out with it.

imitationleather

From looking at the helpful diagrams on the Wiki page, it seems that inserting the bell-shaped cup is far easier and less scary than putting a tampon up there.

My word, I'm glad that I'm a man.

LadyDay

Yeah but you lot have to live with us, give me physical rather than mental torture anyday.

SurferGhost

"Deh best way fer kids ter learn about life is ter play SPORT wit yew Parents. Fuck books, 'n' learnin', and dat.  Dey're shite.  Cos if yer don't like SPORT den yer a BASTARD who HATES CHILDREN an' wants ter DESTROY deir innercent young lives."

Nothing matters more than SPORT, and if you don't like SPORT you know nothing about life. If you don't like SPORT then you should be forcibly sterilised, and then publicly executed. On a football pitch. By a man in an animal costume.

Yes, I did usually get picked last in Games, but that's entirely irrelevant, I'm making a statement about the current socio-political zeitgeist or something here

The Widow of Brid

That advert for some kind of toilet freshener, where the woman is sitting there with her newborn and opens the door to all her friends/relatives and she's suddenly consumed with terror because Shit! Someone needs to use her loo! But it's Ok because she's thought to use a particular brand of  loo block.

I have bellowed at the screen during that advert.

jimmy jazz

This place seems appropriate enough. Does anybody here know what the Microsoft/ Windows advert is with the woman with the dodgy chin talking about making music (I think loads of musical notes come out of her at some point or something along those lines.) Also, is there a link?

zozman

Dunno mucker - might be worth asking here though.

My Giddy Aunt

Not sure which one you mean - i expect you'll find it on here though:
http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/date.asp?yearNumer=2006

There was a very crap weetabix advert on a minute ago with students on pouring yogurt on them. I hate these fake 'real' advert style. There was a pretty girl mind.

LadyDay

Quote from: "petula dusty"Well, I don't care how ecologically sound it is I'm not stuffing a rubber cup up MY flange every month thank you very much.

Yes, but think of the fun you could have with the other things that you'd no longer need..

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/

AlexS

mayer

Jesus. That's a slightly obscene image, I thought you were winding us up with that, but apparently not! I did find this whilst I was reading around though, which is a bonus.

Taken from: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Via: http://www.igniq.com

SurferGhost

"Tax Credits - remember, send in your forms now, or I might have to go back to doing stand-up to earn a living - in a town near YOU!"

Boing

Quote from: "SurferGhost"(picture)
"Tax Credits - remember, send in your forms now, or I might have to go back to doing stand-up to earn a living - in a town near YOU!"

Bleeurgh!
I can't stand people who wear glasses as fashion accessories rather than optical aids.Vic Reeves is another one and I'm too bilious to think of another.And from what I've seen of Jenny Eclairs stand up all she does is talk about jamrags and how shit men are at EVERYTHING.Bitch.

Morrisfan82

And what's up with the Bombay Mix you get on trains!

chav

Cool, Boing turns out to be Vic Reeves' optician.

Honestly, Jenny - one Su Pollard was one too many already.

Boing

Quote from: "Lookalike Mark Chapman"Honestly, Jenny - one Su Pollard was one too many already.

Su Pollard,annoyingly northern as she could be,at least had a genuine eye complaint.You could weld plate steel under a sixty watt bulb through her gigs.Speaking of lovely Su Pollard,that pisstake of Blankety Blank has vanished from Youtube.Where else can I see it?

Oh and I might have mentioned it before,or someone else has.The Lineker crisp ads where he eats one and about nine jug eared fucks pop out behind him dressed appropriately or according to flavour.IE steak and onion,and they're all dressed like cowboys...????
I'd like Walkers to do a Vietnamese range and in the ads all the Linekers come running out screaming,their backs and arses torn raw by napalm.American napalm.God bless America.

I need to see Blankety Blank again.Help me.

Still Not George

For all those who hate the frosties ad...

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/frosty/

(apologies if it's already been posted)

There's a Lineker-filled Walkers ad on at the moment, voiced over with Hugh Laurie - in unctious salesperson mode - saying, "another slice of happiness, brought to you by Walkers" or something similar. And it struck me - surely he's reading out the script from his Cadbury's ads, there?

Blumf

Sky Broadband's ad, it's utterly crap. For starters it's just plain boring and unmemorable, whizzing through a tube that  turns out to be the Sky logo, lazy afternoon of CGI work tops. But even worse, it has absolutely nothing to do with broadband, as you're whizzing through this tube images of TV and films are shown on the side of it, nothing at all related to the internet (unless you count the naughty world of P2P, but I doubt that's its goal looking at some of the clips shown), not even a mouse cursor or some other visual cliché.

So, in summation, an ad soooo boring that you'd struggle to notice it, let alone remember it, which refers to nothing about what it's trying to sell. Totally crap on all levels.

Boing

I was a cunt as a teenager and frequently used to hitch somewhere when I got bored.One time I was in London hanging around with these tramps.We were all drinking in a park and suddenly some girl of about twenty five starts asking for toilet paper.So all these tramps are digging out wads of snotted and gollied on toilet paper.And someone said:
"Going for a shit?"
And she replied:
"No.I've just come on."
Oh Bodyform.
I really wish I'd had the money to buy that girl some tampons.

Cerys

QuoteI was a cunt as a teenager

*koff koff*

Gazeuse

I've uncovered yet another layer of shitness in that bloody Picture loans advert with the twat with the football...

"Is that thunder your end or mine???"

GNN...Well, of course he'd know whether it was his end or not BECAUSE HE'D HEAR IT EITHER ON THE 'PHONE OR ACTUALLY IN REAL LIFE IN HIS OWN FUCKING STUPID EARS...GNASH!!!

I really shouldn't get so worked up about this.

19pack

The new Hovis advert with two lovers rolling about in a field/holding hands.

Not so much a rubbish advert, one that made me laugh at the end because the first time I saw it I thought it was a female fragrance or a new phone or something, so when it says 'Hovis for life' I made a little chuckle.