Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 24, 2021, 02:15:19 PM
Wait til you discover what they feed the plants!

I've never really recovered from learning that human shit is used to fertilise plants.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 24, 2021, 02:22:04 PM

I've never really recovered from learning that human shit is used to fertilise plants.

In the wikipedia entry I looked at there's also the notion of a 'Fishpond Toilet' where they shit directly into a pond:
In China, "Family dwellings are commonly built close to the fish pond with toilets overhanging the pond to facilitate fertilization. ... Some pigsties as well as latrines for humans are built on the adjacent dike so as to overhang the pond." But by 1988, these fish pond toilets were falling out of favour, as the farmers found it more useful to ferment human and pig excrement together, and apply it to the aquaculture ponds as needed.[10]

In Vietnam, the traditional fish pond toilet, which was described as "widespread" as recently as 2008, polluted the waterways, but was perceived as more hygienic (less smelly) than various modern alternatives that the government was pressing on the villagers

I thought this sort of thing was avoided because of dysentery, I know some places don't have good sanitation due to a lack of resources but this seems to be actively encouraging sanitation problems.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 24, 2021, 11:11:21 AM
In parts of China and India 'pig toilets' were/are a thing, where the dunny dumps human shit into a pig sty and then pigs eat it.

I'm not sure how this solves anything though as you've still got the pig shit to deal with.

Feed it to a dog, then feed the dog's shit to a cat, and so on. Like the old woman who unbuttoned your flies and swallowed your shit.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Paul Calf on August 24, 2021, 02:22:04 PM

pig shit from pigs that have eaten human turds

bon appetite! that is French for "good appetite".

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 24, 2021, 10:28:40 PM
Feed it to a dog, then feed the dog's shit to a cat, and so on. Like the old woman who unbuttoned your flies and swallowed your shit.

Christ you'd get tapeworms like fucking maypole ribbons

touchingcloth

gilbertharding

Yeah, reading the last few posts (and the Mr Porky's thread) make me think that perhaps Johnny Muslim has the right idea.

dissolute ocelot

Shit from things that only eat grass is fairly wholesome. Horses can shit in the road and nobody minds. Cow shit can be used as fuel. People should eat grass, and then we could poop anywhere.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 25, 2021, 12:58:53 PM
Shit from things that only eat grass is fairly wholesome. Horses can shit in the road and nobody minds.

People do mind I think, this is an example of too much public space/rights being ceded to transport, this one being a hang-on from horses rather than widening streets for increased traffic and bigger vehicles.

In any case I'd say it was probably acceptable when everything was transported by horse-drawn-cart on roads but now a bit weird how police (given people don't tend to ride horses into town) can just let their horses shit all over a high-street.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 25, 2021, 03:10:37 PM
People do mind I think, this is an example of too much public space/rights being ceded to transport, this one being a hang-on from horses rather than widening streets for increased traffic and bigger vehicles.

They don't mind as much as when people do it. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the fuss.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 25, 2021, 03:15:11 PM
They don't mind as much as when people do it. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the fuss.

if you don't leave a pile of napkins next to the tods people are less likely to identify it as human tbf.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 25, 2021, 03:22:47 PM
if you don't leave a pile of napkins next to the tods people are less likely to identify it as human tbf.

Well the marching band were passing at the time so it was pretty cut and dry.

bakabaka

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 25, 2021, 03:26:36 PM
Well the marching band were passing at the time so it was pretty, cut and dry.
You go to far too much trouble with your turds. The rest of us just leave them as they are - steaming, moist and mouth-watering.

famethrowa

Quote from: bakabaka on August 25, 2021, 04:33:32 PM
You go to far too much trouble with your turds. The rest of us just leave them as they are - steaming, moist and mouth-watering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblbZQth0KE

Echo Valley 2-6809

Glans means acorn, from Latin.  https://www.lexico.com/definition/glans

Can't wait to say that to the next person who says my penis looks like a little acorn. Embarrass them for a change.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 24, 2021, 11:11:21 AM
In parts of China and India 'pig toilets' were/are a thing, where the dunny dumps human shit into a pig sty and then pigs eat it.

Have you been watching Jojo's bizarre adventure by any chance?

Twit 2

After reading a Guardian article, I now realise Kia Ora is not just a randomly named squash, but a Maori greeting.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

bgmnts

In Lord of War, it was cheaper and easier for them to buy 3000 real Kalashnikovs - and sell them back later - than prop ones.

Pretty incredible statement that the film was arguay partially trying to make.

famethrowa

The Maestro from Seinfeld was the Angry Dad/Teacher from those 80's Twisted Sister videos. Never realised that before!

The Mollusk

Quote from: Twit 2 on September 03, 2021, 01:26:44 PM
After reading a Guardian article, I now realise Kia Ora is not just a randomly named squash, but a Maori greeting.

It was invented by white dudes in Australia and was on the shelves and sang cheerfully in adverts at a time when Maori people were forbidden from speaking their native language in public schools. It's pretty fucked up, as is the depiction of black stereotypes in those same adverts.

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 09, 2021, 11:07:22 AM
It's pretty fucked up, as is the depiction of black stereotypes in those same adverts.

The adverts were a reworking of an animated video for Suzy and the Red Stripes - Seaside Woman, in reality Wings with Linda on lead vocals.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 09, 2021, 11:07:22 AM
It's pretty fucked up, as is the depiction of black stereotypes in those same adverts.

I've got a memory of seeing a c.1940's cartoon on tv sometime around 1976/77 and then in the 80's when Kia Ora started showing those 'too orangey for crows/I'll be your dog' adverts I realised they'd ripped off the old cartoon.  But on Googling I can't find anything about the cartoon.  Wiki just says "In 1982, Kia-Ora launched a colourful, animated advertising campaign, directed by Oscar Grillo of Klacto Animations", but I remember seeing a Kia Ora ad on tv for the first time and thinking that they'd ripped off the cartoon which I'd seen some years earlier.  The cartoon was in an older style compared to the ads and featured the same procession of little characters all walking along (walking left to right not right to left as in the ad), and with a song that played for the entirety of the cartoon (the one in this ad starting at 0:21) which would have been at least 4 or 5 minutes.

So has my brain Mandela'd the whole thing?  Perhaps I saw a long ad in the cinema when the ads were first launched and it was long enough to make me think I was watching a cartoon (because films had supporting pictures and it wasn't unusual for them to sometimes be cartoons).  Or am I just not trying the right search terms?

EDIT: And it definitely wasn't Seaside Woman I saw.

buzby

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 09, 2021, 01:54:52 PM
I've got a memory of seeing a c.1940's cartoon on tv sometime around 1976/77 and then in the 80's when Kia Ora started showing those 'too orangey for crows/I'll be your dog' adverts I realised they'd ripped off the old cartoon.  But on Googling I can't find anything about the cartoon.  Wiki just says "In 1982, Kia-Ora launched a colourful, animated advertising campaign, directed by Oscar Grillo of Klacto Animations", but I remember seeing a Kia Ora ad on tv for the first time and thinking that they'd ripped off the cartoon which I'd seen some years earlier.  The cartoon was in an older style compared to the ads and featured the same procession of little characters all walking along (walking left to right not right to left as in the ad), and with a song that played for the entirety of the cartoon (the one in this ad starting at 0:21) which would have been at least 4 or 5 minutes.

So has my brain Mandela'd the whole thing?  Perhaps I saw a long ad in the cinema when the ads were first launched and it was long enough to make me think I was watching a cartoon (because films had supporting pictures and it wasn't unusual for them to sometimes be cartoons).  Or am I just not trying the right search terms?

EDIT: And it definitely wasn't Seaside Woman I saw.
The crows from Dumbo?

JesusAndYourBush

I've never seen Dumbo.  Does it feature a 4-5 minute version of the song in the clip I linked?

gilbertharding

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 09, 2021, 02:35:29 PM
I've never seen Dumbo.  Does it feature a 4-5 minute version of the song in the clip I linked?

I've never seen Dumbo, either - or any of those Disney cartoons. But I did grow up in Britain in the 70s/80s, so I watched The Wonderful World of Disney most bank holiday Monday teatimes, so have almost subliminal memories of seeing loads of disjointed clips of dozens of those things. Maybe you did too.