Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The International Space Station to be destroyed

Started by Alberon, February 03, 2022, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 03, 2022, 05:29:17 PMFuck it. I've never been invited up there.

Not after what you did at the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 03, 2022, 04:00:29 PMDropping a load of space debris into the sea doesn't seem a very ecological idea. Perhaps they should stop sending up space stations unless they have a better method of disposal.

There's hundreds of thousands of shipwrecks down there, a few space stations isn't going to make much difference. They all rust away to nothing eventually anyway. Even Titanic will just be a rusty smudge on the sea floor in about 30 years.

JamesTC

Hope the International Space Station pulls through.

Dex Sawash

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Can't they just do it like in Gravity and smash old space stations together? That way they get turned into smaller bits of space station, which will burn up in the earth's atmosphere.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 03, 2022, 05:29:17 PMFuck it. I've never been invited up there.

I'm popping up for a jaunt next week if you'd care to join me?

touchingcloth

The pile of inaccessibility is that the wife calls my peen!!!!!!

PlanktonSideburns

Gasping for air on the Sports Direct space station, basically a series of branded Jeffries tubes held together with caution tape.

At least I'm not on the Ryan air one, they only have astronauts with no legs to save space in the ducts

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

PlanktonSideburns

Deep fat fryer tips up in the Hooters one, everyone got deep fried :(

shoulders

Quote from: Alberon on February 03, 2022, 03:55:21 PMThe station will not be replaced. NASA instead plans to rent space on commercial ventures

Emblematic of human decline imo.

Promised Star Trek but the closest we will get to space is paying for microtransactions to put a Disco Stu hat on Data through 3d glasses.

oy vey

You know what, fuck all this inspiring humanity pushing frontiers through international cooperation. It's the 21st century not the 20th ffs.

pigamus

Butchers Blind

Fuck the ISS. All that time up there and all they've done is find out what happens to dandruff in zero gravity. Not once have they been able to point out exactly what galaxy Star Wars takes place in. Useless.

Johnny Yesno

Endicott

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on February 03, 2022, 07:53:56 PMWow! What did you use?

A small telescope, digital camera, fast shutter, all manually aimed while it went over head, took as many shots as possible, got about 2 keepers. Quite pleased with that really.

Goldentony

taking photos of our nations international space stations are you hey mate, documenting its wherabouts? suspicious

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Endicott on February 03, 2022, 08:40:05 PMA small telescope, digital camera, fast shutter, all manually aimed while it went over head, took as many shots as possible, got about 2 keepers. Quite pleased with that really.

Did you wave at them?

mothman

Quote from: Goldentony on February 03, 2022, 08:45:02 PMtaking photos of our nations international space stations are you hey mate, documenting its wherabouts? suspicious

Yeah, I hope you got the crew to sign releases.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 03, 2022, 06:28:07 PMCan't they just do it like in Gravity and smash old space stations together? That way they get turned into smaller bits of space station, which will burn up in the earth's atmosphere.

Ablation cascade. So much debris in orbit anything launched ends up like a clay pigeon.

Replies From View

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 03, 2022, 03:57:30 PMfuck space

Sadly I can't.  My cock isn't short enough to stop within the known universe.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 03, 2022, 06:15:43 PMThere's hundreds of thousands of shipwrecks down there, a few space stations isn't going to make much difference. They all rust away to nothing eventually anyway. Even Titanic will just be a rusty smudge on the sea floor in about 30 years.

That, plus the kind of animals that live on the deep sea bed will probably eat it.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 03, 2022, 06:15:43 PMThere's hundreds of thousands of shipwrecks down there, a few space stations isn't going to make much difference. They all rust away to nothing eventually anyway. Even Titanic will just be a rusty smudge on the sea floor in about 30 years.

Shipwrecks, provided they're not fuckloaded with plastics and/or evil foul chemicals and fuel, actually end up being ecological boons for underwater life. The practice of sinking ships made safe for wildlife to create artificial coral reefs is well-documented.

bgmnts

A few space stations are going to make a difference by the way.

dissolute ocelot

Surely they could incorporate its demise in a disaster movie. Put Laurence Fox, Armie Hammer, Noël Clarke, and Roman Polanski on board and set it on a collision course with Godzilla.

phantom_power

Over 3 million, apparently

https://www.engineeringfordiscovery.org/education/shipwrecks/how-many-shipwrecks-are-there/#:~:text=It%20is%20estimated%20that%20there,dated%20to%202700%2D2200%20BC.

beanheadmcginty

Can't believe after all these years no one has gone on a drunken spacewalk with a spraycan and changed its name to PISS.

touchingcloth