Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 24, 2022, 09:06:14 AMMost saloon (US:sedan) cars don't have one. When I switched from a hatchback to a saloon I spent an inordinate amount of time looking for the rear wiper.

Same in Canada, I ended looking at the manual (can you imagine!) to prove that there wasn't one.

touchingcloth

A common male fertility test is to take a common domestic chicken and fuck it.

Sebastian Cobb

Heaps of rabbits running around my uni halls so you're probably on to something

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jamiefairlie on June 29, 2022, 04:53:39 PMSame in Canada, I ended looking at the manual (can you imagine!) to prove that there wasn't one.

First time I drove an automatic was a rental and accidentally selected 1st instead of drive and didn't realise until it was screaming down the road at whatever the metric version of 30mph is.

touchingcloth

LL in LL Cool J is short for "Ladies Love", J is short for "James", and Cool isn't short for anything, so his full name is Ladies Love Cool James.

Mama said "mate".

Sebastian Cobb

It's shit but I can forgive it because Mama Said is such a good record.

beanheadmcginty

That thing on Buzz Lightyear's chin in Toy Story isn't supposed to be a single, curled, pube-like hair. It's supposed to be a chin dimple.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on June 30, 2022, 12:47:23 AMThat thing on Buzz Lightyear's chin in Toy Story isn't supposed to be a single, curled, pube-like hair. It's supposed to be a chin dimple.

See that's a bit of a misconception - it was always supposed to be a pube but the lucas-based CAPS system was useless at rendering wispy hairs and they didn't want to buy a whole rendering farm so cheaped out a bit and just passed that bit off to an SGI Indigo².

Kankurette

Kevin Pressman was a super fast runner and a 100m record holder as a teenager. And he also wanted to be a policeman or a footballer when he grew up. The pig jokes kind of write themselves.

Sauce: a teenage England team profile on Twitter. Michael Thomas of Arsenal fame and Gavin Peacock were also there, though Peacock hadn't found Jesus yet. One player had stamp collecting as his hobby.

badaids

Quote from: kenneth trousers on June 29, 2022, 03:51:32 PMA pregnancy test in the the 60s was to take the urine of a woman and inject it into a toad. If the toad produced eggs the woman was pregnant.

Hogben pregnancy test.

Presumably the 1460s?

popcorn

Peter Moore, the former president Sega of America and vice-president of Xbox, was a PE teacher in Wales for several years.

touchingcloth

Fr.Bigley

jamiefairlie

Quote from: popcorn on July 03, 2022, 11:22:22 PMPeter Moore, the former president Sega of America and vice-president of Xbox, was a PE teacher in Wales for several years.

And CEO of Liverpool and President of EA Sports and COO of EA.

Paul Calf

It's 14 in Germany. It used to be 12 in the Netherlands, but I don't think it is any more.

touchingcloth

Age of nonsent. We had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going directly to jail.

touchingcloth

In America you can buy a gun at five years old, but you can't legally drink alcohol or have sex until you're 47.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 06, 2022, 11:28:08 AMIn America you can buy a gun in the first trimester, but you can't legally drink alcohol or have sex until you're 47.

FTFY

Endicott

So you can shoot your mother if she decides to get an abortion.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Endicott on July 06, 2022, 04:24:06 PMSo you can shoot your mother if she decides to get an abortion.

Or if she tries to control your freedom by refusing to plap you out early into the second trimester.

You can provide me life, nourishment, oxygen, and waste excretion services, but you cannot take my FREEDOM *blam into the cunt from up the cunt*

dissolute ocelot

bgmnts

Thomas Midgely Jr is probably responsible for more deaths than any other human in history. He developed Ethyl and Freon, pumping lead into our world and putting a hole in the ozone, killing billions and creating and increasing long term health complications, violence and disability. All just for a bit of cash.

What a fucking boss.

QuoteIn 1940, at the age of 51, Midgley contracted polio, which left him severely disabled. He devised an elaborate system of ropes and pulleys to lift himself out of bed. In 1944, he became entangled in the device and died of strangulation.

touchingcloth

Paul Calf

Many Americans seem to assume that WWII began in December 1941 with the bombing of Pearl Harbor despite there having been two years of war in Europe and Asia, the Allies having secured control of the Channel in the air and around 20 million people having died, those overwhelmingly being Allied civilians.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 12, 2022, 12:25:13 PMMany Americans seem to assume that WWII began in December 1941 with the bombing of Pearl Harbor despite there having been two years of war in Europe and Asia, the Allies having secured control of the Channel in the air and around 20 million people having died, those overwhelmingly being Allied civilians.

Source: they are generally considered fucking morons.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 12, 2022, 12:25:13 PMMany Americans seem to assume that WWII began in December 1941 with the bombing of Pearl Harbor despite there having been two years of war in Europe and Asia, the Allies having secured control of the Channel in the air and around 20 million people having died, those overwhelmingly being Allied civilians.

I've literally just this moment fully appreciated that we the goodies started WWI by assassinating Franz Ferdinand. I am sorry to all of the Germans for having previously sort of assumed that they started both of the best wars.

NoSleep

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on July 12, 2022, 01:32:31 PMSource: they are generally considered fucking morons.

See KISS projecting the image of an Australian flag at an event in Austria this week.