Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe

Started by Malcy, June 03, 2022, 04:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

I loved it too. Enjoyed the running jokes of Smart Beavis and Smart Butt-Head
Spoiler alert
moving the teleporter closer and saying "amusing... yes quite jocular" instead of chuckling. Also the white privilege scene was well executed.
[close]

The Mollusk

Quote from: sutin on July 03, 2022, 08:33:23 AMI loved it. I watched Do America again straight after and I think I genuinely prefer this new one.

I don't want you to think I'm coming for you after all the Primus bashing but this is a bonkers opinion

popcorn

Every time I watch Do America I think it's better. It does a masterful job of raising the stakes to a cinematic level without sacrificing the smalltown banality that's essential to the B+B identity. It feels big and small at the same time, like a big egg.

This is one of my favourite ever jokes:

QuoteMuddy Grimmes : [showing a photo of Dallas]  Here she is, boys. Her name's Dallas. She ain't as sweet as she looks. She stole everything from me. You gotta watch out, 'cause she'll do you twice as fast as you'd do her.

Butt-head : Whoa.

Like a lot of my favourite comedy writing, it's just the right side of nonsensical.

I did enjoy this similar joke in Do the Universe:

Spoiler alert
QuoteSerena: How would you like to do that... but do it... for real?
Butt-Head: You want us to do that for real?
Serena: That's right. I want you to do that for real. In space, with me.

It's the "in space" that makes it great - so absurd.
[close]

up_the_hampipe

I really loved Judge's delivery of
Spoiler alert
"I have but one bunghole to give, and I give it to you!" as Cornholio.
[close]

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 03, 2022, 05:04:29 PMI don't want you to think I'm coming for you

Uh huh huh huh huh!
Heh he heh heh heh!

The Mollusk

Quote from: popcorn on July 03, 2022, 05:24:47 PMEvery time I watch Do America I think it's better. It does a masterful job of raising the stakes to a cinematic level without sacrificing the smalltown banality that's essential to the B+B identity. It feels big and small at the same time, like a big egg.

This is one of my favourite ever jokes:

Like a lot of my favourite comedy writing, it's just the right side of nonsensical.

One of my favourite jokes is from B&B as well, some mishap has occurred and Tom Anderson says "Luckily I've got homeowners insurance" and Butt-Head goes "You've got what?"

I am feeble for loving that so much but I don't care.

non capisco

I genuinely think "I am the great Cornholio! You will cooperate with my bunghole!" is the greatest line of dialogue in cinematic history.

sutin

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 03, 2022, 05:04:29 PMI don't want you to think I'm coming for you after all the Primus bashing but this is a bonkers opinion

https://youtu.be/KKMFJRXu0N8

colacentral

From the episode where B&B steal Mr. Anderson's golf balls to sell. Someone asks Anderson how he's been playing today:

"I was like a one legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen pond."

the science eel

Paramount Plus are doing a free seven-day trial in the UK - you need to provide credit card details but you can cancel before you're charged. In other words, watch this film for free.

Consignia

Watched this last night. It were grand. Really loved the fact it was a completely new thing and didn't have frequent call backs to past glories, as revival might. It could have been jam packed full of fan service, but it really was some great new Beavis and Butthead.

One thing I wasn't sure was necessary was the conceit that Beavis and Butthead are products of the 90's (apart out of story wider cultural ephemera). Whilst the story needed it for the construction, the pair are timeless and you could have them chuckling in front of TV in any era.

The Mollusk

Quote from: colacentral on July 04, 2022, 09:04:10 AMFrom the episode where B&B steal Mr. Anderson's golf balls to sell. Someone asks Anderson how he's been playing today:

"I was like a one legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen pond."

Tom Anderson: You know, it's like the story of the two frogs who fell in a pan of boiling milk. One of 'em said "I'm done for", and he gave up and died. The other one started flappin' his little froggy arms, flappin' his arms, flappin' his arms, 'til finally, he was standing on a big chunk of cheese.

Butt-Head: Whoa! We gotta try that!

Beavis: Yeah! Got any milk?

AsparagusTrevor

Weren't the remastered episodes supposed to be releasing with the new movie as well? What happened to that. Well, they don't appear to be on the UK listings anyway.

Ron Superior

Butthead's circus joke absolutely always makes me laugh

BJBMK2

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 04, 2022, 01:37:39 PMWeren't the remastered episodes supposed to be releasing with the new movie as well? What happened to that. Well, they don't appear to be on the UK listings anyway.

It was probably such a ballache to clear those music vids, they likely didn't bother sorting it out for non-US territories. If I had to guess.

madhair60

they're putting them out in instalments, annoyingly

Malcy

Finally watched this last night. Thought it was just alright. Story wasn't what I was expecting. Some good laughs from it though and thought that Smart B&BH were a highlight.

steveh

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 04, 2022, 01:37:39 PMWeren't the remastered episodes supposed to be releasing with the new movie as well? What happened to that. Well, they don't appear to be on the UK listings anyway.

From 25 July in the UK apparently.

popcorn

Trailer for the new series, starts next month.

Which reminds me... Judge can still mainly do the voices correctly, but the Beavis screams don't sound right.

AngryGazelle

Quote from: popcorn on July 14, 2022, 11:51:14 PMTrailer for the new series, starts next month.

Which reminds me... Judge can still mainly do the voices correctly, but the Beavis screams don't sound right.

Not keen on the animation style :/

Also, watched most of Universe (nodded off for a little bit) what I saw of it was shite. A sort of Do America rehash but far less funny

The Mollusk

Oh, Nobody

Dunno if Paramount+ and Paramount+ through Sky Movies is the same amount of content (subscribing is NOT worth it if so) but they finally added some old episodes- 18 episodes. christ.

Spudgun

Quote from: Oh, Nobody on July 31, 2022, 08:38:09 PMDunno if Paramount+ and Paramount+ through Sky Movies is the same amount of content. . .
It's apparently the same if you've got Sky Q; anything older than that and you only get what Sky want to give you.

I watched the film and had a good giggle, but it's not going to usurp the first one. Strangely, despite the vastly expanded scope of the title, it felt smaller in scale. Something very telly about it, where the first one was distinctly cinematic.