Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2023 Semi - Mr Farenheit vs TheGingerAlien

Started by Mr Farenheit, August 02, 2023, 06:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I count something like 35 different pictures of people who seem like they are supposed to be recognisable across this match, and I think I can only recognise about 13 of them.

The person I don't recognise who appears the most is broochy in the final shot, therefore I think this must be the most highbrow entry, therefore TGA gets my vote and also for the wigs

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 09, 2023, 03:08:45 PMI count something like 35 different pictures of people who seem like they are supposed to be recognisable across this match, and I think I can only recognise about 13 of them.

The person I don't recognise who appears the most is broochy in the final shot, therefore I think this must be the most highbrow entry, therefore TGA gets my vote and also for the wigs

Windsor world of wigs consists of:
Spoiler alert
From top row left to right:
Alan Shearer / 90s Shaun Ryder
Prince William / Noel Edmonds
Charlie Fuckwitt / Mick Hucknall
Steve McFadden / Explain This Haircut thread guy
Jim Bowen / Christopher 'Kid' Reid
Prince Edward / Fred West
Prince Phil / Predator
Ken Bruce / Rab C. Nesbitt
Gregg Wallace / Uncle Albert
Prince Andrew / Jimmy Savile
[close]

The last shot features Captain Tom's enterprising daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore. Not telling you where all the hidden Captains are though!

touchingcloth

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on August 09, 2023, 04:01:28 PMWindsor world of wigs consists of:
Spoiler alert
From top row left to right:
Alan Shearer / 90s Shaun Ryder
Prince William / Noel Edmonds
Charlie Fuckwitt / Mick Hucknall
Steve McFadden / Explain This Haircut thread guy
Jim Bowen / Christopher 'Kid' Reid
Prince Edward / Fred West
Prince Phil / Predator
Ken Bruce / Rab C. Nesbitt
Gregg Wallace / Uncle Albert
Prince Andrew / Jimmy Savile
[close]

The last shot features Captain Tom's enterprising daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore. Not telling you where all the hidden Captains are though!

In that case, FERRIS

superthunderstingcar

I have to give my vote to Mr Farenheit for the Charlie Fuckwitt post.

PlanktonSideburns

Fishfinger

Comes down to the last two shots, I think. Tough as always. TGA.

KaraokeDragon

The Mollusk

Mr F

Blinder of a round but Charlie Fuckwitt was outstanding.

selectivememory

Very, very tight one, but TheGingerAlien has edged out the two-time defending champion 8-7, and is through to the final!

Take a bow, both of you. That was a cracker.

Mr Farenheit

Well played @TheGingerAlien , great game. The wigs of windsor poster was the killer shot. Great concept and everything about the execution was spot on, the graphic design, the depressing sepia orange.... loved it!
Good luck in the final!

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on August 09, 2023, 02:25:36 PMDon't really know what's going on in the serve, though I do like the image

Spoiler alert
Yeah, didn't turn out quite as I imagined and might have been (unintentionally this time) obscene. It was supposed to be a royal walkabout turning into a total fuckdown. Kate gobbing on the public, William getting shouty and aggro. That's supposed to princess Charlotte running amok with a switchblade and the little shit George is about to make an obsecene hand gesture (ok that bit was supposed to be somewhat obscene, the part with the 7 year old kid). I was blown away by Dr Trouser's work in the previous round and wanted to make a similar simple single concept, Kate gobbing on the crowds. In the end it wasn't really clear what she was doing and I ended up filling it with a bunch of other stuff as usual (including series 1 Bungle, someone from the Wicker Man and Charlie Slater for no good reason)
[close]

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: selectivememory on August 11, 2023, 01:04:58 AMVery, very tight one, but TheGingerAlien

Bloody ell, how has that happened?! You have to wonder how things might have turned out if @Ferris had been around to vote...

Really think Mr. F should have bagged that one with the Charlie Fuckwitt strip. Spent quite a while trying to work out how it was done and ultimately came to the conclusion that F must be Davey Jones (and I claim my free £5)

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on August 11, 2023, 07:03:22 AMWell played @TheGingerAlien , great game.

Likewise, you are an icon of wronging and I salute you!

Spoiler alert
[close]

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote and support this moribund prestigious CaB pastime. Looking forward to getting kicked to death by @Cerys in the final!

Cerys

touchingcloth

A couple of giant slayers in the final is a very exciting prospect! I can't call this one at all and don't know what to expect (beyond the broadest brush strokes of filth).

While the winner dons their crown, we'll all feast on Ferris' bones to celebrate.

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on August 11, 2023, 07:03:22 AM
Spoiler alert
I was blown away by Dr Trouser's work in the previous round
[close]

Were you bollocks.

touchingcloth