Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Video game music!

Started by bgmnts, May 25, 2022, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

In among the usual Batman bombastic melodrama there's some beautiful themes in Arkham Knight.

TheGingerAlien

Glebe

Actually this is the specific Arkham Knight piece I was thinking of. Strangely it doesn't seem to appear on the official soundtrack:

weaseldust

forest temple from ocarina of time was a bold choice for a funky remix but somehow it works

i found this because it was on the same album that has a saria's song remix i suddenly remembered i'd heard on some geocities site back in 1999-2000. it's very much of its era!

speaking of official nintendo remixes, i think this super mario compact disco album is great if you can tolerate some slightly odd/lame 90s rapping. it has remixes of mario songs from the nes, snes and gameboy games. i tend to skip the weird radio tracks inbetween - some very helpful attractive cool person has added the tracklist in the youtube comments

bgmnts

https://youtu.be/yW1v_-SMp24

Smashing out some Tekken 3 soundtrack recently and good god it's great. Apparently inspired by the Prodigy.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: bgmnts on March 27, 2023, 09:05:50 AMhttps://youtu.be/yW1v_-SMp24

Smashing out some Tekken 3 soundtrack recently and good god it's great. Apparently inspired by the Prodigy.

One of my favourites yeah. Like proper "know every moment by heart" music. I used to use the music player menu on the PS1 disc for hours on end. The PlayStation version is leagues ahead of the arcade one though.

samadriel

weaseldust

sorry i keep posting in here but i keep finding great things. whoever made these seems to have the exact same music and video game taste as me and has combined all the things i love. what's next, skyrim techno??

Good Hank

I love this entire soundtrack. Top stuff.

bgmnts

Lots of these '[insert song/album here] but with Super Mario 64 sounds' going about but fuck it's Ride the Lightning so why not?

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: bgmnts on April 15, 2023, 12:08:30 PM

Lots of these '[insert song/album here] but with Super Mario 64 sounds' going about but fuck it's Ride the Lightning so why not?

I genuinely enjoy a lot of these, they're clever. The In Utero one is nuts

RetroRobot

Siivagunner is an art for that kind of stuff

Bonus points for titling the videos in a very straight lace manner inevitably pranking anyone searching for Mario 64 Slider theme or whatever.

Mister Six

I'm amazed Nier: Automata hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm playing through it now and the tunes are blowing me away, with this being a particular standout so far, although of course the context is what really makes it, as the various angry machines chanting "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE" blend into the music itself:

I also really love the treehouse village theme, although that's a bit more simple:

phes

the genesis of why is beyond me but for some reason I spent my spare time in November creating a dance megamix of (mostly) C64 and ZxSpectrum bangers on tiktok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGed3oCqe/

druss

Nearly 20 years on and the Civ IV title music is still a banger:

First piece of video game music to ever win a Grammy too, if that means anything.

Poobum

This version of 'Maybe I'm a Lion' is awesome. First time I completed FF8 I wasn't horribly overpowered so the whole Ultimecia fight was long and epic.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Poobum on March 14, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

This version of 'Maybe I'm a Lion' is awesome. First time I completed FF8 I wasn't horribly overpowered so the whole Ultimecia fight was long and epic.

During the true Ultimecia fight as well when it suddenly starts up the classic FF battle theme.  Chills.

Poobum

The Apocalypse spell from that fight terrified me.

This from Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is quite good.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Poobum on March 14, 2024, 09:37:18 PMThe Apocalypse spell from that fight terrified me.

I swear, I lost Squall, Zell and Irvine before getting to True Ultimecia, I stuck Rinoa in Angel Wing so I wouldn't waste time choosing magic, just about managed to clinch it by getting Quistis to use White Wind and heal before anyone got KO'd, or getting lucky with Selphie's slots for Full-Cure.  Must have been doing that for half an hour, completely on edge, one little hesitation would have fucked it.

oggyraiding

These are quite stirring for short 8 bit tracks.

bgmnts

Quote from: Poobum on March 14, 2024, 02:52:13 PM

Nobuo takes the boss music into overdrive by the time of Lost Odyssey:

Poobum

I like World of Ice, probably all I liked from that game.

Sonny_Jim

His enthusiasm can get a bit overwhelming, but I did enjoy this video:

Mr Trumpet

I like his videos, but it seems like the Nokia ringtone would blow his mind

madhair60

possibly my favourite soundtrack ever, brings a tear to my eye

also enjoy this remix a great deal: