Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doing the rounds again

Started by Ham Bap, August 16, 2023, 10:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I was quite poorly with it last week but feel mostly better now. Still testing positive so I'm trying to find out if I'm expected to go into work and infect everyone. Nobody seems to know.

centristmelt

I had a paper cut this morning

Glebe

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on October 01, 2023, 06:54:33 PMJust tested positive for the Vid. Unfortunately because my sister is visiting and she has cancer (so it's not in her best interests to get it) I'm partying like it's 2020, sat in a room and wearing a mask whilst people jump out of my way when I get up to go for a piss.

Sorry to hear it ESP. Best to your sister and hope the 'vid clears up quick.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

shoulders

This area is beautiful for nominative determinism, the latest quoted individual is a Dr David Strain.

FredNurke

A selfless sideways move from a stellar career in Constipation Studies.

Glebe

I'd gotten another covid boost recently and the flu jab before a trip to Spain last week... I was just round the doctor's today - I had to see about blood test results (all okay except a bit of a vitamin D deficient!) but inbetween booking the appointment and seeing him I'd come down with a bit of a dose, did a covid test and it was negative... ANYWAY, he offered me a pneumonia jab, I'd not heard about that but I accepted it so I've had all kinda boosts and vaccines now!

So yeah I've managed to avoid covid so far, touch wood. I've just got a sore throat and a bit of a chest and am feeling run down. There is some kinda flu going around apparently. Doc prescribed me a steroid inhaler and some Desunin tablets for me vit D deficiency!

MojoJojo

Can someone explain what a pneumonia jab is? Is it steroids to reduce inflammation?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 18, 2023, 09:47:32 AMCan someone explain what a pneumonia jab is? Is it steroids to reduce inflammation?

stops* you getting pneumonia, mainly for the elderly although I've been offered one this year

*reduces risk of

GoblinAhFuckScary

got me fourth jab recently and got ill immediately the day after. hard to say why but i've been suuuuper brain foggy since in a way i have no previous reference for (never got the vid!)

in fairness i am only fourth months into recovery from major surgery and have been working full time and walking over four miles every day

MojoJojo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 18, 2023, 12:03:02 PMstops* you getting pneumonia, mainly for the elderly although I've been offered one this year

*reduces risk of

I was confused, because pneumonia is a symptom not a specific disease. Now I can be arsed to Google it, it's a bunch of vaccines for the most common causes of pneumonia.

Glebe

The Turbohaler I've been prescribed is fucking annoying to use. I've always used Ventolin inhalers and the like, with this you have to twist it one way then the other to load a dose and I can'teven tell if I'm inhaling the shit at all. Weird.

Having said that maybe it is working, my chest isn't too bad.

falafel

I've had that for a while, Symbicort is it? Just trust it. It doesn't use a propellant/pressure the way Ventolin does, the two clicks releases the dose and when you inhale it is your breath itself that picks it up. So you don't get the immediate feedback ritual of the "tschhhh", the timed inhalation and the funny taste and slight cold blast on your tonsils, but it's good stuff.

Glebe

Quote from: falafel on November 20, 2023, 01:52:07 PMI've had that for a while, Symbicort is it? Just trust it. It doesn't use a propellant/pressure the way Ventolin does, the two clicks releases the dose and when you inhale it is your breath itself that picks it up. So you don't get the immediate feedback ritual of the "tschhhh", the timed inhalation and the funny taste and slight cold blast on your tonsils, but it's good stuff.

Cheers for the info falafel. My chest has been quite bad the last day or so, hope it's working nonetheless. Think it's a viral rather than bacterial infection so antibiotics would be no good, unless of course it turns that way on my chest! I used to suffer with bacterial chest infections really bad, I was sick a lot as a kid.

falafel

Well, I'm not a doctor so I can l only speak for how it has helped with my asthma. Good luck with it all.

Glebe

Thanks. It's eased up a bit now, thankfully.

GoblinAhFuckScary

a month later and my post-jab brain fog seems to have dispersed. who the fuck knows what good health is anymore

THESE DAYS

Glebe

Kankurette

Had my jab today. I feel like shit. How long does it usually take for the flu like symptoms to go away?

shoulders

The UK have basically switched off reporting on Covid deaths since October seemingly, despite them rising at the time. What's to be done this winter to keep an eye on what's going on? Hospital bed vacancies? Flu figures?

BlodwynPig

GoblinAhFuckScary

oh that lurg i got was covid. a month after my quadrubberjab!

Brian Freeze

Day after boxing day we did tests to see if we could go visiting family. One child got two lines so we had to stay away.

Mum had hip replacement on Wednesday so we did tests this morning before going visiting. Two of us have two lines so that's fucked an all.

I know this makes me sound like a big baby but - really want to see me mum and give her a big hug.

ZoyzaSorris

We are now in the second highest covid wave  of the pandemic according to wastewater data (from the US, they stopped collecting data in England for some reason). No one seems to give a shit though, despite ill health being absolutely rampant everywhere and study after study hitting the journals showing worrying cumulative long term flustercluckery across just about every system and organ in the body. Car crash stuff.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 16, 2024, 10:06:27 PMWe are now in the second highest covid wave  of the pandemic according to wastewater data (from the US, they stopped collecting data in England for some reason). No one seems to give a shit though, despite ill health being absolutely rampant everywhere and study after study hitting the journals showing worrying cumulative long term flustercluckery across just about every system and organ in the body. Car crash stuff.

I give a shit. I still mask up indoors, avoid public transport, got all our vaccines and work from home. We've avoided it so far and hope that continues. People are amazingly lax with their health.

Glebe

Quote from: Brian Freeze on January 13, 2024, 08:51:09 AMDay after boxing day we did tests to see if we could go visiting family. One child got two lines so we had to stay away.

Mum had hip replacement on Wednesday so we did tests this morning before going visiting. Two of us have two lines so that's fucked an all.

I know this makes me sound like a big baby but - really want to see me mum and give her a big hug.

Not at all Brian. Hope ya'll are doing okay.

I've generally been masking up again for public transport/shops with the winter season (though admittedly I've gone to the pictures and gone out a couple of times without it), also there's this respiratory thing I've had which thankfully has improved at last.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 16, 2024, 10:06:27 PMWe are now in the second highest covid wave  of the pandemic according to wastewater data (from the US, they stopped collecting data in England for some reason). No one seems to give a shit though, despite ill health being absolutely rampant everywhere and study after study hitting the journals showing worrying cumulative long term flustercluckery across just about every system and organ in the body. Car crash stuff.

Yes, we (my team) were defunded. Scotland and Wales still have wastewater monitoring programmes.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Glebe on January 16, 2024, 10:32:02 PMNot at all Brian. Hope ya'll are doing okay.

Cheers Glebester, feel like a twat for complaining but a wee vent helps! I tested positive this morning so won't be visiting her this weekend either :(

Made her a walking stick to use while she recuperates and she'll be hopping and skipping by the time we see her.

Oh, and work are cunts. I can go in and risk infecting people or take it off unpaid as sick. No chance of using my holidays at short notice. Wankers.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 16, 2024, 10:46:18 PMYes, we (my team) were defunded. Scotland and Wales still have wastewater monitoring programmes.

Well that's a bit rubbish. I thought of you when I found out it wasn't being done any more.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 18, 2024, 10:14:29 PMWell that's a bit rubbish. I thought of you when I found out it wasn't being done any more.

I may be hobnobbing with Chelsea Clinton though. Swings and roundabouts.