Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Confirmed: In conversation with Chris Morris - 6th March - Bootleggers required.

Started by Neil, March 02, 2007, 04:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Quote from: "chocky909"Still can't figure out how the DJ Carl Cox got into the equation. Is Carl Cox gay? I can't find any evidence either way.

Well, I usd to be on nodding terms back when he was married, so I'm assuming not...

chocky909

Oh, so you used to go 'nodding' together. Well, that explains a lot...

Glebe

More mix up hilarity....you mean the Unwin who originally published Tolkien's books? Ooh, my sides!

TJ

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "KarlKatanka on that Guardian blog since"I am disgusted by the homophobia of some of the people here. If Morris is gay or bisexual, it means absolutely NOTHING. He lives with a woman. Big deal! A lot of gay people have wives especially when the world is full of the sort of homophobic bigots we have here.

If Morris is in a loving, monogomous homosexual relationship with a black DJ, then it's no business of ours and I would encourage everyone here to just relax. If you loved Morris when you thought he was straight, there is no reason to stop loving him now that you know he's a gay man.
Obviously a wind-up then.

Pinball

Lowrider

just as a caveat, I know the chap who is the real boyfriend of gay activist Chris Morris.

He could pass for Carl Cox in every respect except that he's shorter, slim, white, works as a journalist and has hair and no glasses. And he's gay. I don't think he can dj either, though I haven't asked.

they're both very amused to learn of this bizarre mix up and feel the facts of the matter are no reason not to progagate the rumour.

er that was it really.

niat

Today's Guardian, in a piece about how shit Channel 4 is these days, mentions Chris Morris doing a Brass Eye on suicide bombers. The chinese whispers of shit journalism, eh?

Edit: link is here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2039587,00.html and it's by Stuart Jeffries

Neil

purlieu

actwithoutwords

Quote from: "Neil"Tommy Trumpet has come through with a recording, hooray!  Nice one Tommy (and yer mate):

Chris Morris - Live At Bournemouth University

Great. Thanks very much Tommy.

Pinball

Sorry this isn't strictly related to the topic on hand  but on researching the differences between Robson & Jerome's individual websites, I found that Mark Benton's character in  ITVs  "City Lights" is called Wayne Carr! This can't be a coincidence surely.

P K Duck

The mp3 is tops, thank you so much for all the effort folks.

Hmmm... Wayne Carr isn't just a punny joke, I used to work with one, and a quick interweb search shows quite a few gentlemen blessed with this monicker, the best on the first page being from: http://www.remoteviewer.org/remoteviewing/carr.htm

QuoteAs far as we can tell, Wayne has never demonstrated his personal remote viewing skill publicly.

quadraspazzed

Quote from: "P K Duck"The mp3 is tops, thank you so much for all the effort folks.

Hmmm... Wayne Carr isn't just a punny joke, I used to work with one, and a quick interweb search shows quite a few gentlemen blessed with this monicker,

And as I said in the funny names thread, my brother went to school with a Wayne Kerr, too.

Also, a billion thanks for the mp3 Tommy Trumpet.

Morgan

Thank you very much for this.  It'll be a while before I can listen to it properly, but I'm sure it's fab.  Your efforts are much appreciated.

Uzi Lover

Thank you Tommy, and give my blessings to your friend. If anyone deserves a custom avatar here it's you.