Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris vs Peep Show

Started by Dr Ass Fuck, August 28, 2007, 09:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Also on sitcom.co.uk. CaB gets a mention too.

QuoteChris Morris, creator of The Day Today, Brass Eye and co-writer and director of Nathan Barley is teaming up with Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong, creators of Peep Show, to work on a new comedy project; details of which have not yet been disclosed.

Bain and Armstrong are at the moment writing the fifth series of Peep Show and the series is also to be exported to the USA. They have also written Ladies and Gentlemen, a sitcom pilot set in Victorian England which will be shown on C4 in November.

Morris' last TV project, Nathan Barley, did not meet with universal approval. On the Chris Morris fansite, Cook'd and Bomb'd, creator of the Comedy Tumbleweed Awards ("the anti-British Comedy Awards") gave Nathan Barley and Chris Morris four "awards", these being "Most Disappointing Comedy", "Most Disappointing Return to Comedy", "Most Disappointing Comedian(s)" and "Most Patronising/Annoying Reaction Shots In A Comedy Show".

There is no indication of what this new project is yet, with Armstrong saying: "I can't say anything at the moment. Chris will announce further details when he wants to."
http://www.sitcom.co.uk/news/news.php?story=000248

Warning: There are some spoilers about the upcoming episode of The IT Crowd in the article. I've taken them out above, but be careful if you follow the link.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Well, this has the potential to be magnificent. I'm certainly more excited about this than Nathan Barley series two - I suppose this announcement doesn't prohibit that from still becoming a reality?

mister_enmity

Wow, this is exciting. And that CaB, especially the Tumbleweeds, has received more exposure.

Kazuo Kiriyama

I hope this is a fully fledged lead role in an Armstrong and Bain scripted sitcom. Directing other people's material is cool and all, but the way he absolutely burned up the screen in The I.T Crowd, I'm dying to see him performing again.

Leo2112

This is exciting news, I think Bain and Armstrong are some of the strongest writers out there at the moment.  If we have an on-form Morris too this could well be delicious.

weekender

Well, I think it will be rubbish and I for one can't wait to see it die on its arse so I can tell you all "I told you so".

biniput

I think weekenders coping method is being employed yet again.

Little Hoover

Quote from: weekender on August 28, 2007, 06:32:14 PM
Well, I think it will be rubbish and I for one can't wait to see it die on its arse so I can tell you all "I told you so".

Fine, then I'm going to say "ok it wasn't very good, but there's potential in it, if it gets a 2nd series maybe it'll find it, after all take Seinfeld that's a show took a few years to find it's feet, and so it might be the same for this, give it a chance eh."

Harry Coal

I'm out of the loop.  Wasn't his next project something to do with suicide bombers?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Harry Coal on August 28, 2007, 09:19:14 PM
I'm out of the loop.  Wasn't his next project something to do with suicide bombers?

It probably still is...but from an innovative first-person perspective. Woo!

Notlob

Yeah, that's what I though - maybe they're still working on a script for it though. Initially the bombers thing was supposed to be filmed over the summer, no? Then it was due to be released later in the year. Maybe they've shelved the bombing thing totally...

I really must stop musing as I type.

bithez

Spoiler alert
MAHMOUD and JUZER are in the office of JASIM's mosque. MAHMOUD is sweating, nervous. JUZER is spinning around in his chair.

JASIM eyes them both with suspicion.

JASIM: Well, gentlemen? What have you got.

MAHMOUD (V.O.): Right, Mahmoud, this is your chance... don't let him stare you down. Be an alpha terrorist, a real silverback. That's what Jasim wants. Think gruff. Think biceps. Think balaclava and rocket launcher. Play your cards right, and you could be on his team. Maybe he'll wink at you on the bus, before you push the detonator! Ah, the lovely terror bus!

MAHMOUD (aloud): Well, I thought we could kick things off with a few quick co-ordinated blasts on morning buses, to catch the commuter rush and the-

JASIM: I've heard that one before. Have you heard that one before, Juzer?

JUZER: What?

MAHMOUD (V.O.): Fuck! No! Don't talk to Juz! Argh, this is just like the Battle of Bu'ath - only this time, I'M the Khazraj! But I don't WANT to be the Khazraj! No! I won't be the Khazraj! Not this time!

MAHMOUD (aloud): Ah, but, you see! Once they think it's all over, we follow up with an attack on a primary school! As many deaths as possible, and not only will that really kick up the dust, but the memorial service will be a prime target for a second follow-up.

JUZER yawns.

JASIM: Are you bored, Juz?

JUZER: A bit.

JASIM: [glaring at Mahmoud] Good, because I'm bored too.

JUZER: Well, this is just my opinion, but I think we've got to broaden our horizons, you know? It's like, how many buses can you blow up. Lots! If you like that sort of thing. But that's not me. Maybe it's terrifying to small children, but I think we need to go massive. Expand the very definition of terror, you know? Get inside their heads. Terror of the mind AND the bus, simultaneously, enhancing itself over and over, you know?

JASIM: Go on.

JUZER: [craftily] Well, like, how come we only hijack moving things? Why aren't we hijacking stationary things, and MAKING them move?

JASIM: That's it. Juz, I want you on my team. Mahmoud... [contemptuously] Go home and pray.

EXT. MOSQUE

JUZ and MAHMOUD walking home together.

MAHMOUD: Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!

JUZER: Sit on it and spin!
[close]

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Little Hoover on August 28, 2007, 07:00:41 PM
Fine, then I'm going to say "ok it wasn't very good, but there's potential in it, if it gets a 2nd series maybe it'll find it, after all take Seinfeld that's a show took a few years to find it's feet, and so it might be the same for this, give it a chance eh."

And then I'll pop in and say, "Chill guys, sit back and have a beer, it's only comedy, god this place is so uptight for somewhere that's supposed to be a comedy forum....................."

Where'd that come from bithez? Is it for real?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Regular Chicken on August 29, 2007, 04:45:35 PM
Where'd that come from bithez? Is it for real?

It's a piece of amusing and well observed satire, I would imagine. 

Glebe