Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Gets Back to Work

Started by Huzzie, January 13, 2008, 05:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mumbler

Quote from: jaydee81 on January 22, 2008, 05:49:48 PM
Script Editor right? What does a script editor actually do? Surely less than an executive producer.

Not at TalkBack circa 2005. Peter Fincham was about to leave (for BBC1!), and I'm sure he'd have just said, "Just get on with it".

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on January 22, 2008, 04:58:42 PMI'm not the only one then. I wonder how many other people on here have been bought this as a gift from someone, but it's then been sat on a shelf for 12 months+ because they've not actually had the guts to sit through it all again?

Gift?!  Heh no, I actually bought mine when it came out, partly for completeism's sake and partly for the pilot...I just haven't had the stomach to unwrap the bugger yet.  The time is approaching though, oh yes it is.

Quote from: Glebe on January 22, 2008, 05:48:05 PM
Wow, didn't know Merchant had anything to do with Barley. Looks like the Times stuff was taken from this.

Wuh?  That's the link that Clint gave in his original post, isn't it?

Little Hoover

It's depressing they still don't seem to have considerd the possibility that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all that good, it's kind of odd that after this much time, they still don't seem to be able to look at it with any perspective. They could learn something from Marcus Brigstoke.

13 schoolyards

To be fair, that's clearly an interview done to promote the DVD release - they're hardly going to slag it off in that kind of venue.  Most of the time, someone will only sink the silpper into a failed project once they're safely removed and being interviewed about something else entirely... and even then it'll rarely be the creators themselves doing it.

One thing that does interest me about Morris' new effort being a film is that he's not really going to be able to keep the damn thing under wraps like he has with his TV work.  It's one thing to prevent anything leaking out about a TV show - people will tune in to see what the mystery's all about.  But unless your movie contains a huge monster wrecking up New York (and you drop a lot of internet-friendly heavy hints about it), you usually have to go out and lure people into cinemas by giving them some idea of what to expect.