Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris - Suicide Bomber Project News

Started by Tokyo Sexwhale, September 12, 2008, 02:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melth

For what it's worth, Riz Ahmed came up with this variation on the theme a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKTsJpfC0IQ

Has it already been mentioned that Kayvan Novak, listed in the cast, is 'Fonejacker'

Artemis

From the Beeb

Quote from: Auntie
Chris Morris jihadi comedy is competing at Sundance

Brass Eye creator Chris Morris's new comedy film about a group of jihadis has been shortlisted for competition at the Sundance Film Festival in the US.

Four Lions, which depicts British Muslim men training at a militant training camp, is one of the films in the world cinema narrative shortlist.

Morris, whose spoof about paedophilia prompted controversy in 2001, has written and directed the movie.

The Sundance event takes place in Utah from 21-31 January.

A total of 113 films from the US and around the world will be screened at the annual event.

Among the movies in the main competition is Sympathy For Delicious by director Mark Ruffalo, starring Orlando Bloom and Juliette Lewis.

Duped celebrities

Morris's film, fully-funded by Film Four, was initially rejected by the BBC and Channel 4.

He has said that the film shows "the Dad's Army side to terrorism" and reveals its farcical, human dimension.

The satirist's series of Brass Eye, which aired on Channel 4 in 1997, caused a furore by inventing a drug which celebrities were duped into warning against its dangers.

Morris shot to fame with spoof news show The Day Today, which was screened on BBC Two from 1994.

His first venture onto the big screen in 2002 won the Bafta award for short film.

ThickAndCreamy

That's magnificent, it'll get a great amount of publicity if it actually wins it. I really cannot wait for this film to come out now.