Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Charlie Brooker - Dead Set - Chris Morris?

Started by dragostea, November 04, 2008, 02:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragostea

Some of you may have seen Charlie Brooker's Dead Set on E4 last week.

I thought it was a clever piece of satirical horror with many Brooker-isms thrown in and a really clever premise. Perhaps over gratuitous in its gore content and actually rather a depressing outcome (not that I prefer happy endings), however, I thought the script was biting and witty. What did others think?

Linked to this; I heard a brief interview with Brooker discussing the series during which he was asked whether he was working with Morris on anything. The interviewer (Matt Wells) mentioned the 'Yorkshire jihadists' but Brooker stated he wasn't working on that. However, he did say that they had been discussing things which were 'amorphous'. He ended by saying it was very possible something will emanate from these discussions, which I would take as yes they are working on something but we shouldn't expect anything for some considerable time, knowing our Mozza.

I suppose Barley 2 is still alive, albeit embryonic...

jutl

Welcome aboard. You might want to have a look at this thread about Dead Set over in the TV-related forum.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: dragostea on November 04, 2008, 02:40:44 PM
I suppose Barley 2 is still alive, albeit embryonic...

Brooker seems to be the one who is most up for a sequel - in at least one print interview from last month, he's hinting at the possibility. Although Nick Burns has downplayed the idea recently, basically saying 'if it was going to happen, it would have happened.'