Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morris's quickest-ever "stooge"

Started by v00n, August 21, 2023, 05:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00n

I would say Sergeant Murphy.

Now, I realise that CM's skillz with the edit button may mean his responses may not have been *quite* so lightning-quick, but it's so well done I don't hear the edits.

Shaky

Not a stooge per se but his responses in the calling off the news/phoning up the newsagent Music Show bit seem to be lightning fast too:

"Sorry, I'm serving, Sir."

"Oh, you're playing tennis?"

"No, I'm serving, Sir"

"Footfault."

"Please?"

Etc.

v00n

Quote from: Shaky on August 21, 2023, 10:01:47 AMNot a stooge per se but his responses in the calling off the news/phoning up the newsagent Music Show bit seem to be lightning fast too:

"Sorry, I'm serving, Sir."

"Oh, you're playing tennis?"

"No, I'm serving, Sir"

"Footfault."

"Please?"

Etc.

LOL, I remember that one. Also some of the things he got James Garner to say to shopkeepers:

"These coins are the wrong shape".
"Ask him if he lives in a citadel".

shoulders

Hahaha, I remember the first quote but not the second.

Harry Badger

"tell him there's a Harris on the coin. Point at the Harris"

Shaky

"Ask him if he's ever been to Hell."

The one that really makes me laugh every time I think of it is his wandering into various shops asking if they've got, "A cross between a shirt and a shoe."

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: v00n on August 21, 2023, 04:35:44 PMLOL, I remember that one. Also some of the things he got James Garner to say to shopkeepers:

"These coins are the wrong shape".
"Ask him if he lives in a citadel".

Paul Garner, though it would have been great if Morris enlisted Jim Rockford.

Senior Baiano

Heard tell of one, though never actually heard it, where the 'stooge' just calmly replies 'why are you talking strangely?'

dex

Morrissian disgusting bliss when he calls up someoneone randomly at a phonebox, starts chatting to them then exclaims "Slow down, slow down. You have a funny voice!" at the recipient.

Reply was a straightforward that's just my accent.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Senior Baiano on August 22, 2023, 11:37:25 AMHeard tell of one, though never actually heard it, where the 'stooge' just calmly replies 'why are you talking strangely?'

Think that's from one of the Radio 1 shows where Morris is demonstrating that sometimes the street interviews don't go as smoothly as the edits suggest.