Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why Bother continuity announcements

Started by pissfoam, August 27, 2023, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissfoam

Does anybody on here have the original continuity announcements from the original broadcast of Why Bother that were left off the CD release and repeats?

From SOTCAA (https://sotcaa.org/history/sotcaa2000/index.html)
QuoteThe CD/cassette BBC Radio Collection release captures the shows as originally broadcast, although one element was missing - the specially-written continuity announcements which preceded them. Although possibly seen by some as superfluous, the announcements were very much part of the amusement and contain Morris-quips which add another dimension to the Streeb-Greebling myth. It was also interesting hearing the various BBC announcers reading the links, trying not to resort to audible gushing and 'actually this is a bit of a joke' type

I guess for most any original broadcast recordings were made redundant with the CD release but I'd be interested to hear these small bits and edit them on to the episodes from the CD release for completist's sake. Cheers!