Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Smithers, to be accurate. Hans Moleman represents the tiny minority that is Boris Johnson's boomer base in the party membership who bought into his Churchillian patriot shit and are too deluded to admit they're wrong

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 05, 2022, 01:47:50 PMSmithers, to be accurate. Hans Moleman represents the tiny minority that is Boris Johnson's boomer base in the party membership who bought into his Churchillian patriot shit and are too deluded to admit they're wrong

This is a Snagglepuss.

Fambo Number Mive

At least one major Tory donor has called for Johnson's removal:

From The Times:

Quote...In a second worrying development for Johnson, a Conservative donor who has given more than £340,000 to the party since 2010 has demanded the prime minister's removal. The financier Michael Tory, the founder of Ondra Partners, says that unless Johnson is replaced, the Tories face ten years in the wilderness.

"I was a loyal and longstanding donor but can only resume donating if there is an immediate change of leadership," he said. "And it has to be now — before it's too late to avoid a richly deserved obliteration at the next election, followed probably by a decade in opposition."...

The Times also says that one Tory MP believes 67 letters of no confidence have gone in against Johnson. Still, we know how easily Johnson wriggles out of things so we can't get our hopes up too much.

superthunderstingcar

Video Game Fan 2000

its helpful because otherwise I wouldn't know what political party a financier might support

Butchers Blind

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 05, 2022, 09:34:48 PMThe financier Michael Tory, the founder of Ondra Partners, says that unless Johnson is replaced, the Tories face ten years in the wilderness.

Strangely specific (i.e. the amount of time it will take for people like him to cause a financial crash).

Norton Canes

QuoteThe financier Michael Tory, the founder of Ondra Partners, says that unless Johnson is replaced, the Tories face ten years in the wilderness

Or 'government', as it's better known

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 05, 2022, 09:34:48 PMAt least one major Tory donor has called for Johnson's removal:

From The Times:

The Times also says that one Tory MP believes 67 letters of no confidence have gone in against Johnson. Still, we know how easily Johnson wriggles out of things so we can't get our hopes up too much.

I hope we have a leadership challenge and it turns into a long protracted affair that daft mop headed cunt wins, then he tries to purge more long standing MP's from the party, they lurch further more right wing then he drags them all down at the next election where he even loses his own seat. I want to see mop headed cunt leave in the most undignified way possible.

Cerys

lipsink

JOB has done another "savage takedown" of Boris, lads. Don't know how he'll survive this!

shoulders

Mobius

Graham Brady about to do a speech, sounds like they've got the votes now.

Alberon

Right, he's a gonner, unless the Tory MPs bottle it.

Fuck, he's going to win, isn't he?

Alberon

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Alberon on June 06, 2022, 08:18:58 AMRight, he's a gonner, unless the Tory MPs bottle it.

Fuck, he's going to win, isn't he?

You're not suggesting that Tory MPs are moral vacuums with an eye only for their own survival, are you? Scandalous accusation.

TrenterPercenter

He is going to win in so its all about the margin.  This is actually the best outcome.  They can't get rid of him for a year which then means another VONC is perilously close to the next GE.

In reality the most likely outcome is he survives but this is the firing shot for a challenger to come forward which will lead to him eventually having to stand aside.

jobotic

Of course he's going to win

Appalling timing and doing it today is a stitch up (although one allowed by the rules apparently)

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: jobotic on June 06, 2022, 08:45:15 AMOf course he's going to win

Appalling timing and doing it today is a stitch up (although one allowed by the rules apparently)

How do you mean?

Paul Calf

He'll be gone sooner or later. He's an arrogant, selfish child but the Tory Party have been eating these for breakfast for nearly 200 years. He is genuinely unpopular and there's no way he'll be allowed to take them down just as they're cementing their hold on power. The more he fights, the more damage he'll do and he's as establishment as they come so he won't be made to go involuntarily.

He's got a target on his back and they're just starting to feel the pressure of another election cycle - they won't want to leave it until the last minute (2025) so I'm betting - bar an opportunistic snap election - Spring 2024. It might be that they've decided to hand it over to the second team for a couple of terms now they've been neutered, to get some spending pumped back into the economy to prime it for more theft and privatisation, but I suspect that playing to lose is against the instincts of the vast majority of Tories.

Prediction: Johnson gone by the end of the year, quiet moves to rejoin single market to ease the cost of living crisis after his foetid, sweaty mass has been heaved out of Downing Street.

Either that or some cheapo bullshit stimulus package from Sunak in the 2022/23 budgets that looks pretty but helps no-one.

BritishHobo

Situations like this seem almost perfectly designed to crush my naive, blind optimism.

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on June 06, 2022, 09:09:28 AMHow do you mean?

The rules allow the leader to decide the date and time of the vote. He's doing it tonight so that his opponents have less time to coordinate.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 06, 2022, 09:17:05 AMThe rules allow the leader to decide the date and time of the vote. He's doing it tonight so that his opponents have less time to coordinate.

I image it suits most in the party to get it over with as soon as possible.  He isn't going to lose and it will be better for Labour if he stays for as long as possible (as per PCs point).

If he can piss off as many people in the process even better.

Fambo Number Mive

I might be being too optimistic but I'm hoping that even if he wins the VONC by a massive margin, even having a VONC in his leadership will anger him as it goes against his "world king" fantasy which he has been cosplaying as since he became PM.

He wants to believe that he as absolute power in the party and that all his MPs love him. I dont want to sound like Kennedy but even if this VONC does nothing I will enjoy the anger it will give him.

BritishHobo

It's definitely not easily overlooked. He can write off outside criticism as being from smelly student commies or whatever dated stereotype he'd be lazy enough to trot out. Less easy to dismiss it when it's coming from Tory MPs themselves.