Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Experiencing comedy cliches in real life.

Started by Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead, May 27, 2022, 11:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

At uni I stepped outside the flat to go to a lecture I was already running a bit late for that I didn't really want to go to and a gull squitted all over the front of my jacket. Took it as a message from the gods.

I think I also climbed in the shower still wearing the jacket to wash the shit off.

Brundle-Fly

I've experienced a real life Gilligan Cut.

One winter in my childhood, some of the local kids went to see if the large pond behind my house was frozen enough to walk on. It had been a particularly freezing December that year and sure enough, the ice was solid enough at the edges to play on at no risk. Even as a nipper, I knew it was more dangerous the further in you went.
One of the fathers turned up, slid into the centre of the pond and smugly called out, "It's fiiiine! It has to be at least 5" thick. Perfectly safe!" He then proceeded to jump up and down...

Cut to a red faced man in a sheepskin coat up to his chest in stinking mud and water, calling out, "It's NOT safe. Everybody off the ice. Quickly now.".

jenna appleseed

Accidentally went to the wrong end of town for an eye test appointment and had a real life "Should've gone to Specsavers" moment.