Right then, the quarter-finals are all finished and the results are in:
hedgehog90 def Spoon of Ploff (21-3)
Miles def kittens (17-15)
Cerys def Tension Knob (15-9)
Crabwalk def Pearly-Dewdrops Drops (18-5)
Draw incoming in a little over an hour. Stay tuned...
Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture. But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size, and must be still images.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted). The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.
7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.
And a reminder of time permitted: You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.
And the draw:Tie 1
: Miles vs hedgehog90Tie 2
: Cerys vs Crabwalk
Miles and Cerys have until 8pm Friday BST to post their serves. Good luck all!
God I'm excited for this. And I promise that's not just because I have nowt else to do today except re-pot some busy lizzies.