Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Parapod Movie

Started by DrGreggles, January 24, 2020, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Ham Bap

Anyone know if this will be available to buy on one of the streaming services soon?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ham Bap on January 24, 2020, 04:44:49 PM
Anyone know if this will be available to buy on one of the streaming services soon?

Apparently they're in discussions now but, if the cinema screenings prove popular, they'll be doing more of those first.
It's definitely worth watching with an audience.

Sebastian Cobb

Bought one. Glasgow's nearly sold out!

DrGreggles

Good. The more screenings the better.

Pink Gregory

YES.

Surprisingly still loads of seats for Bristol.

Ham Bap

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 24, 2020, 07:14:17 PM
Apparently they're in discussions now but, if the cinema screenings prove popular, they'll be doing more of those first.
It's definitely worth watching with an audience.

Ok thanks. It's one I would go and see but doubt they'd show it around here.

Sin Agog

Think Ian and Barry missed a trick not calling it 'The Parapod Fillum.'

PlanktonSideburns

Might buy bristol tickets if there's any left tomorrow

DrGreggles

There will be at least 2 more screenings in early May (Leeds and *forgotten*), but they're not on sale yet.

Jim Bob

Mate.

You're a fucking parapod.

sutin

Ohh, i'll go to the Bristol screening I reckon.

Sebastian Cobb

If they put on an extra screening in Glasgow and have Barry at it, I'm gonna kick off.

DrGreggles

Herring pod - 16th March
Another London screening - 17th March

PlanktonSideburns

bristol booked. no trains back till early hours - wheres a good nearby pub to drink till 1am in?

Schrodingers Cat

Guess who got tired of waiting for the Leeds tickets to be available so bought a front row seat at Halifax instead, just before the Leeds ones were released?

Schrodingers Cat

Me.
Me is the answer to the question above if it wasn't clear.

Still, looking forward to it! And it's sooner anyway, so less time to avoid reading anything about the film.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 29, 2020, 08:17:37 PM
bristol booked. no trains back till early hours - wheres a good nearby pub to drink till 1am in?

There are 5 or 6 pubs around and near Clifton Down station, I have nae even visited one of them but I'm sure they're all at least...fine.

DrGreggles

I'm going to be at the Leeds screening too.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 08, 2020, 11:37:19 PM
There are 5 or 6 pubs around and near Clifton Down station, I have nae even visited one of them but I'm sure they're all at least...fine.

Thanks that's good to know

Will clifton down some pints there!

PlanktonSideburns

caught this in Bristol last night, was really good. Audience laughing hard all the way through. Barry looked so delighted when he stepped out in front of the audience

MojoJojo

beanheadmcginty

Just got round to reading the Christmas issue of Viz and in the bit where it announces competition winners from the previous issue there is one Barry Dodds.

madhair60

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: madhair60 on March 10, 2020, 04:53:44 PM
What is this

The Parapod is a paranormal-themed comedy podcast hosted by comedians Ian Boldsworth (formerly known as Ray Peacock) and Barry Dodds. Basically, Barry believes in and is obsessed with ghosts while Ian is a skeptic, so they investigate different alleged supernatural events each week while playing off each other in a kind of Gervais/Pilkington fashion. It's very funny and they've now made a film of it which I don't know much about, sorry.

Fry

I desperately want to see this but I'm skint and far away from all the screenings. I'll console myself by listening to the Bigfoot episode.

BritishHobo

Fucking hell, what a night. Don't really want to give owt away, I'm sure Ian and Barry will have some stuff to say about the screening on Patreon, but the pair of them are absolute champions for powering through that screening. Tough enough for Ian to have driven down and had it go ahead without all the technical issues and make-it-about-me cunts in the audience. I don't think anyone would have blamed either one of them if the event had been pulled or rescheduled. But the pair of them, fucking god bless them, absolutely delivered beyond anything. I was thinking at one point (when Ian disappeared backstage, bellowing 'where's my heroin?!') what an unappreciated gift he is as a talent and entertainer to his fanbase and generally.  The graft and dedication to making people laugh even in the face of nightmare situations. And Barry, the champion, did a stellar job in what seemed like a stand-up's hell. We don't deserve the pair of them.

DrGreggles

I do fear a bit for the weekend screenings.

beanheadmcginty

What happened? Did a ghost sabotage it?

DrGreggles

Twitter gives details of a lot of the evening's events.