Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2021 Semi Final: Mr Farenheit vs machotrouts

Started by Mr Farenheit, July 18, 2021, 07:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Trouts, but what quality. Funny AND totally revolting!

touchingcloth

Mr F by a whisker and a shaved Cornflake. Perfect match, though, is there a runners up round which will see the fish able to play again? Sick, joyful filth.

zomgmouse

idunnosomename

I think has to be Mr F for handling such horror with such aplomb, and the cornflakes factory gag. But that's a superb closer and punchline. Overall a tremendous... thing.

Chedney Honks

Spoiler alert
Mr Fahrenheit, simply for the cornflakes and the slumped energy with which he undertook that task.

That said, I think this is the greatest Wimblemong match of all time. I have only amazement for machotrouts' performance and self-awareness in the final shot. The complete lack of basic respect or decorum, even for dead posters in a previous round, is something I've very rarely seen before on here, even from sock puppets with a grievance or banned posters. The DDM threshold is painfully accurate and somehow funny. I would say that this is old-school 2000s CaB at its very best. Many thanks for the laughs and the horror. Heaven must be missing an angel.
[close]

selectivememory

It's Mr F, as he was just that good, but a standing ovation for trouts, whose performance this year has been a bit of a Wimblewrong game-changer IMO.

Ferris

Quote from: selectivememory on July 27, 2021, 11:46:35 AM
It's Mr F, as he was just that good, but a standing ovation for trouts, whose performance this year has been a bit of a Wimblewrong game-changer IMO.

Very much agree with this.

phes

Incredible match. The Cornflake Factory edges Mr F for me.

Shit Good Nose

I never vote in Wimblewrong because I find it too difficult to choose who out of all the CaBbers who are infinitely more talented than I will ever be should go through to the next round.  I also rarely comment, but I'm a big fan and I keep a close eye on it (from CaB's very own Henman Hill - Shameful Slope) every year.   I just wanted to come in and say that this particular match is one of the toppermost highlights of CaB ever since I first started lurking some 16/17 years ago.  Both trouts and Mr F deserve a standing ovation, a medal and, probably, a knighthood for their combined efforts.  I genuinely have not laughed as hard at anything since Vic and Bob debuted Talc & Turnips way back in 1990, where I honestly thought I was going to die because I couldn't breathe.

Bravo chaps, bravo. 

pancreas

Wonderful Butternut

sevendaughters

Vote for Mr F but not sure how he'll win from inside the loony bin

Fishfinger

I'd love to see machtrouts tear a hole in the final, but I think Mr F just has it.

Dyl Spinks

Machotrouts, just for the brazen insanity of it all.

TheGingerAlien

Wow, I'm just catching up on all this...  "Next level shit" about sums it up...

Snog - Macho
Marry - Mr. F
Avoid - getting covered in shit

Mr. F just takes it for me though, simply for surviving the round.

Amazing work!

mothman

Chollis

might be my favourite game. machotrouts for sheer commitment to the bit

Cerys

After a long bout of deliberation, I'm finally voting for Mr F - mostly for the sheer quality of box face emotion.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

When I saw the second shot, I felt like I had egged on the class clown until he went too far. Sorry machotrouts, but Mr. Farenheit's wholesome serve and surprisingly clean return win the day for me.

However I feel like trouts should get a ribbon or an honourable mention for the practical effects and photography in this round.

chveik

Shit Good Nose

I keep going back to three panels in particular - Mr F's cornflakes factory job, the CCTV capture of him taking his shit home in a shopping bag, and trouts' angelic little face after he's wiped the shit off.  Sheer poetry.

Butchers Blind

Both excellent players and a game that will go down in CaB lore. machotrouts for the sheer commitment.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 28, 2021, 12:16:49 AM
I keep going back to three panels in particular - Mr F's cornflakes factory job, the CCTV capture of him taking his shit home in a shopping bag, and trouts' angelic little face after he's wiped the shit off.  Sheer poetry.
I'd add Mr F's brilliant use of emojis - the message exchange makes perfect sense when you see it, to the extent that it would be easy to just take it for granted, but I think that apparent obviousness is in fact another little bit of genius chucked in seemingly casually.

So I think I've got to vote Mr F, but I'm also staggered by Trouts' level of commitment.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on July 28, 2021, 12:29:34 AM
I'd add Mr F's brilliant use of emojis - the message exchange makes perfect sense when you see it, to the extent that it would be easy to just take it for granted, but I think that apparent obviousness is in fact another little bit of genius chucked in seemingly casually.

So I think I've got to vote Mr F, but I'm also staggered by Trouts' level of commitment.

Just the one trout. Of all people I wouldn't expect you to get an apostrophe wrong.

Johnny Yesno

This match has transcended Wimblewrong. How do you choose which half of a work of art is the best?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

WhoMe

On the basis that I don't think machotrouts knows where I live, giving it to Mr F by a hair. Just for surviving the onslaught and still coming back with excellent returns. What a match though. 

DoesNotFollow