Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Matrix films (or how/why did the Wachowskis muck up the sequels so badly?)

Started by Blinder Data, August 09, 2021, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

i think it's an ok plot device that the machines don't feel comfortable with genociding their parents so they make a shitty potato clock out of them with "a form of fusion".

popcorn

Quote from: olliebean on September 15, 2021, 09:35:07 PM
Isn't it that the humans are being used as batteries, i.e., not to generate energy, but to store it? In which case, why aren't all the humans immensely fat?

that would be good, Neo wakes up in the matrix and he's just a gigantic fatty. instead of asking "Why do my eyes hut?" he'd be like "Why am I such a fatty" and Mopheus wouild say "You've never done any exercise before"

Blumf

mothman

That's a bit harsh, Gilou is chunky, sure, but it's muscle not flab.

Replies From View

Why aren't they consistent with where they put the hole things from their heads downwards.  They're all at different heights, some have them on their necks and others don't.  Surely they would be done following a template not have bespoke positioning for each individual human - that would take ages.

Also, when Trinity jumps out the window and the agent follows her, he's shooting consistently in exactly the same spot and only one of the bullets hits her.

All annoying things

Replies From View

mobias

Just caught the trailer to this. It does look interesting but the trailer to Reloaded made it look fucking amazing back in 2003 and it ended being a total mess. It did have some good big screen set pieces though.

The one thing this reboot does have going for it is that the pedigree of the co-writers is pretty high. Its co-written by David Mitchel (Cloud Atlas) and Aleksandar Hemon, who's an award winning essayist and screen writer. The other Wachowski brother, sorry sister, has nothing to do with it this time.

As to Laurence Fishburne not being in it. He's 60 years old now and fairly chunky as far as I can see. He certainly doesn't look like a man who's on top of his kung-fu moves anyway.

Replies From View

Quote from: mobias on September 22, 2021, 10:25:52 PM
As to Laurence Fishburne not being in it. He's 60 years old now and fairly chunky as far as I can see. He certainly doesn't look like a man who's on top of his kung-fu moves anyway.

I suspect his residual self image would still be his earlier self version

mobias

Apparently Agent Smith was very much in the original script for the new movie and Hugo Weaving was well up for reprising the roll but his busy schedule of current theatre work meant he just wasn't available. Smith was fantastic in the first film but I always thought they over indulged in that character with the sequels.

Replies From View

I'm glad Smith won't be in it.  That story is over.

It's a bit like when The Thick of It became the Malcolm Tucker show when it could have instead been satirising/critiquing what the coalition were doing in real life at that time.  The show lost its sharp focus when it fell in love with Tucker so much that it couldn't leave its characterisation of New Labour behind.

olliebean

Quote from: mobias on September 22, 2021, 10:25:52 PMAs to Laurence Fishburne not being in it. He's 60 years old now and fairly chunky as far as I can see. He certainly doesn't look like a man who's on top of his kung-fu moves anyway.

If it weren't for the bloody woke brigade, they could just black up Charlie Brooker.

Blumf

EDIT: Had the thread ripped out from under me. Reposted in the right place.