Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rocky IV

Started by hewantstolurkatad, August 23, 2016, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 01, 2021, 12:27:53 PM
I'm afraid not, all the robot butler scenes have been cut. So apart from that, this new cut is... exactly the same as the original? I didn't spot any previously unseen footage in the trailer.

It's been re-edited slightly. You can find a video on youtube from about a year ago with Stallone in the editing room.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 01, 2021, 12:27:53 PMI didn't spot any previously unseen footage in the trailer.

I think a lot of the "I'm going to fight him in Russia" - "But you'll die" dialogue between Adrienne and Rocky is new, as are the black & white scenes.

mothman

They've added a scene after the fight where a digitally-de-aged Dolph Lundgren shakes his fist and says "Bah! I vill get you back for zis ignoble defeat and your vile capitalist shaming of Mother Russia, you imperialist running dog! Vun day I vill haf a son who I vill train to defeat your son, or if he is not a boxer, zen maybe ze son of my last victim Apollo Creed, who vill be called Creed 2!" *winks to camera*

Johnny Textface

I feel like they've fucked with the soundtrack. They better not have.

What's this fathom-theatre business?

dissolute ocelot

I hope there are more scenes of Stallone chopping wood.

wooders1978

Rocky 6? But a woman lead this time?

I prefer 3 to 4. Largely because I saw it loads as a kid, taped off the TV, but didn't see 4 until I was too old and could only enjoy it ironically.

Goldentony

they need to reinsert Sweetest Victory by Tocuh for a kick off, not the weird version with less guitars in and more synth/sax that seems to be the prominent one, get the fucking one that out-John Parrr's any John Parr tune -

https://youtu.be/O0DTO0RymXo

SONIC RING COLLECTION NOISES in it, the lot, could also be the New Order Confusion noise if you're older. Just got it on as i'm typing. This only made it to the actual soundtrack and not the film apparently. Mad.

jobotic

I saw Rocky IV at the cinema by accident. We asked for tickets to Teenwolf but were given the wrong ones and the ticket bloke at the screen for Teenwolf wouldn't let us in. So we watched Rocky IV. My friend's mum rang them up afterwards and we got tickets to Teenwolf which we then went back to see. I can't remember anything about either film, and the cinema is long demolished.

That's my best Sly Stallone anecdote.

checkoutgirl

Teenwolf is terrible so that guy did you a favour.

jobotic

Oh I don't know

QuoteVincent Canby of The New York Times gave the film a negative review calling it "aggressively boring"

Shit Good Nose

Now watch Teenwolf Too and revel in the very obvious limits of the makeup effects budget.