Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Anderson Cooper is heir to the Vanderbildt fortune. (Worth nowt really)

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: MojoJojo on May 13, 2022, 01:09:44 PMA Japanese euphemism for menstration is  ペリー来航, Japanese for 'the arrival of Matthew Perry'
Is that the 19th century US admiral instrumental in opening trade links with Japan, rather than Chandler Bing?

touchingcloth

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 14, 2022, 11:49:02 AMIs that the 19th century US admiral instrumental in opening trade links with Japan, rather than Chandler Bing?

I've always thought it would be good if Matthew Perry starred in Pacific Overtures.

Could someone be more in a tree?

pigamus

Paul Calf

Fr.Bigley

Norton Canes

Dex Sawash

Fr.Bigley

phantom_power

Oscar winning film director Andrea Arnold used to be a presenter on 80s kids TV show No. 73

studpuppet

Louis Theroux's cousin-in-law was Jennifer Aniston for about three years.

George White

DC Thomson had a stake in Central TV, that they then sold to Carlton.

Jittlebags

Deer go to birds nests and eat the chicks so they can get extra calcium to grow a new set of antlers.

kalowski

Quote from: studpuppet on May 20, 2022, 01:35:19 PMLouis Theroux's cousin-in-law was Jennifer Aniston for about three years.
Who is she now?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 20, 2022, 05:49:41 PMDeer go to birds nests and eat the chicks so they can get extra calcium to grow a new set of antlers.
I've seen several websites saying you should feed birds eggshells so they can lay more eggs (see here or here), surely they would be more nutritious than eating chicks which are mostly feathers? But if you spend your life eating bark, a baby bird is probably their equivalent of a Creme Egg.

gilbertharding

Dunno if this should be an 0bv10u5 Thing, but I just discovered that the inventor of what I presumed was called the Great Head Shield (device for tunnel digging) was a bloke called Greathead.

The Greathead Shield was a modified version of a shield designed by someone called Barlow, which was a smaller version of the one designed by one of the Brunels.

touchingcloth

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 24, 2022, 12:28:21 PMDunno if this should be an 0bv10u5 Thing, but I just discovered that the inventor of what I presumed was called the Great Head Shield (device for tunnel digging) was a bloke called Greathead.

The Greathead Shield was a modified version of a shield designed by someone called Barlow, which was a smaller version of the one designed by one of the Brunels.

What you presume is called the Barlow shield is actually called the Bar Low shield, because it was designed for tunnelling at a reasonably shallow depth.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 24, 2022, 10:37:27 PMWhat you presume is called the Barlow shield is actually called the Bar Low shield, because it was designed for tunnelling at a reasonably shallow depth.
Actually I think you'll find it's for tunnelling at the depths to which Gary Barlow's career has sunk.

Sonny_Jim

Jittlebags

Horseflies were around 70 million years before horses.

I've just found out that Jeremy Vine and Tim Vine are brothers.

Sonny_Jim

Christmas dinners growing up must have been a fucking nightmare, Jeremy quizzing his mother aggressively about how crispy the roast potatoes are, whilst Tims reading out the cracker jokes.

seepage

beanheadmcginty

The "See my vest, see my vest made of real gorilla chest" song that Mr Burns sings in the Simpsons isn't an original composition but is actually based on a song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 28, 2022, 06:41:00 PMThe "See my vest, see my vest made of real gorilla chest" song that Mr Burns sings in the Simpsons isn't an original composition but is actually based on a song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Ah yes, fuck the pain away by Angela Lansbury.