Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 13

Started by MigraineBoy, August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Loving this series. Last night's episode, the bit after the shoe task when Bridget says to Alex "that wasn't very supportive" it has a bit of a funny edit then gets a massive round of applause. It's almost like there was a line cut out or something. Anyone else notice that?

Norton Canes

Greg's sweary riposte to Alex got one of the biggest ever TM laughs. With 'stop cock' last week and now the endless shoe questions, I think Bridget is overestimating the comic potential of taking things to the nth degree.

Ja'moke

Has the stage always had that plaque commemorating it as The Knappett, in honor of Jessica Knappet's fall off the stage? Or is it new?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ja'moke on May 06, 2022, 02:33:42 PMHas the stage always had that plaque commemorating it as The Knappett, in honor of Jessica Knappet's fall off the stage? Or is it new?
The plaque has been there a while - I don't recall it being referred to out loud before through.

olliebean

I've been promised an embarrassing Alex Horne story in exchange for sex. Don't get your hopes up though - it sounded like Alex wasn't the embarrassed one.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The right fucking Horne.

Ambient Sheep

The Knappett has had the plaque ever since the start of the series after hers.

It's been referred to out loud at least once before, but couldn't say exactly when, I'm afraid.

greencalx

...and there was me thinking that Knappett was some theatre industry term for a particular type of stage. D'oh! Just rewatched the moment in question: Greg's audible "Shit!" as she falls off the stage (and rushes out to help her) is wonderful.

That last episode was ok - I wasn't too fussed about any of the tasks this week, but the dynamic among and between the contestants and hosts in the in-between bits more than makes up for it.

Utter Shit

Jess Knappett's embarrassed look to Greg and Alex after she gets up is my favourite  TM moment of all time I think. And that was definitely my favourite series.

bigfatheart

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 08, 2022, 04:02:31 AMIt's been referred to out loud at least once before, but couldn't say exactly when, I'm afraid.

I'm too lazy to check, but I've a feeling it was Series 11, with the task where they had to push an animatronic fish down the Knappett - Alex referred to it aloud.

Another cracker. Judi's reaction to Ardal's prediction, followed by her doing exactly what he said was hilarious.

That was one of my favourite episodes for years.

Everyone on top form. Not one dislikable contestant this year. Live task was absolute chaos.

Spoiler alert
Bridget collapsing to the floor while hitting a pan with a spatula
[close]

was really something.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 12, 2022, 11:25:20 PMAnother cracker. Judi's reaction to Ardal's prediction, followed by her doing exactly what he said was hilarious.

Great reveal.

trabuch

I am really enjoying this series. A very good mix.

AsparagusTrevor

Did anyone notice Alex did another minor, out-of-character snap towards Bridget when she was looking for the phone?

So far I think it's been the best series since (the very underrated) series 8 (Lou Sanders etc).

It's quite the recovery seeing as I'd rank 9 (Baddiel etc), 10 (Herring) and 12 (Coren-Mitchell) as the weakest.

I had very low expectations for Ardal, Chris and Judi, but Ardal is an absolute joy, Chris is fun and Judi might be one of the most naturally funny people they've had on. My only slight complaint is that I think Sophie's at her best at the creative tasks, and there haven't been many of those yet.

Someone said in the series 14 thread that it's less about individuals and more about the chemistry, which I agree with - but it does help when the individuals are more interested in making people laugh than they are about winning points.

Ahhhhh I really did think it might be over after that dismal last series. Now it's back to being the highlight of my week.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on May 13, 2022, 08:19:49 AMDid anyone notice Alex did another minor, out-of-character snap towards Bridget when she was looking for the phone?

For 13 series he's hidden behind a nice guy façade, and all it took was a menopausal woman just trying her best.  The fucking monster.

Old Thrashbarg

I do like that Bridget, despite being so frustratingly terrible at a couple of tasks that she's actually broken Alex, is still leading the series. I do hope she wins so she can come back for another couple of episodes, just to see how exasperated Alex gets.

I didn't think the tasks were particularly great last night. Pretty rubbish, in fact. But this cast are just so watchable. I'd guess that it was probably very hard to edit this series, with lots of great stuff not making the cut.

Bad Ambassador

I don't find Judi Love funny at all. I didn't even know she was a comedian until I checked; I'd assumed she was some sort of humourless, faintly thick daytime television presenter.

Twilkes

Judi probably puts up more of an act than most contestants, but the mask drops a couple of times to show a bit more humility (one time on stage when she commented on how her doll looked, and another on location when she realised she'd messed up the high-five task) so I think she would be a better contestant if she let the mask drop a lot more. She's teetering on the edge of being annoying but the way Greg and the other contestants bring her down and she takes it in good spirits redeems it.

selectivememory

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 13, 2022, 08:20:11 AMSo far I think it's been the best series since (the very underrated) series 8 (Lou Sanders etc).

Series 11 (Mike Wozniak, Charlotte Richie etc) was one of my faves, but yeah, so far this has been great. If there's one thing letting it down, it's been the quality of the tasks themselves, but the cast really is one of the strongest they've had. Ardal and Bridget especially are perfect fits for the show.

Quote from: Twilkes on May 13, 2022, 11:02:14 AManother on location when she realised she'd messed up the high-five task

Yeah it was really noticeable there, the pitch and cadence of her speech completely changed for a couple of seconds.

She's clearly quite good at playing the character of Judi and it has its moments (her reaction to Ardal's flattery this episode, for example) but it's just a shame the character is frequently intensely irritating. She seems like she'd be much funnier if she dropped it a bit

I've seen bits of Judi's standup and it's rubbish, but I think she's absolutely great on this.

I've not seen her on anything else, but I love Love on this. I don't know how much of it is put on, but her mix of bolshie self righteousness and foolishness is ace.

Ron Superior

Listening to the Taskmaster podcast I learnt something I was quite surprised by, and that's that all the contestants get paid the same. I would have been sure a Lee Mack would get loads more than a Mike Wozniack, but I'm glad that they get the same. Is that unusual for a show like this?

Ja'moke

Sausage mixer an instantly great Taskmaster moment, especially those slow-mo shots.

Yeah, the sausage mixer was great. As was Bridget's walking. Those two tasks both felt like they could've been from an early series.

Though the slow-mo shots of the sausages whacking Chris and Alex in the face demonstrated how much the production's changed since the early days of Tim Key emptying a bathtub in very low light.

The meeting task was completely laugh-free for me and the first proper duff one of the series. At least it didn't go on for half as long as that acting task in series ten.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on May 13, 2022, 09:19:24 AMI'd guess that it was probably very hard to edit this series, with lots of great stuff not making the cut.

Maybe not, with the meeting task being included. As mentioned, it was the first one that's been a complete waste.

That apart, it was another very enjoyable episode. Judi's reaction when Greg started leaning towards accepting Bridget's recording of a high number was my personal highlight.

The Lurker

The meeting task was a good idea but one that was poorly executed by the contestants, I thought.

The cement mixer one nearly gave me motion sickness but Ramsay's bit for it was brilliant so it is what it is.

Twilkes

Eight was too many people for the meeting task, and I think they only got 20 minutes to prep so they couldn't really develop it much.

Sausage cement mixer was possibly my favourite moment of the show ever, especially the slomo shot of Chris Ramsey being bopped on the nose by a sausage, and his nose giving a little wobble. Planets in alignment type-stuff.

To think that Ramsay was considered the bland one at the start of the series and then he comes up with something like that. Then again, I'm not sure I believe he did - the sausages weren't from Greggs.

The meeting was maybe a bit too complicated to ever be a classic task, but I still had a good few chuckles at it. Sophie Duker using it to once again talk about Alex dying was a highlight, as was Greg trying to match her sitting stance.

When Alex brought Chris refreshments after the pedometer task, I thought it was one of those devious two-part tasks in which the first part doesn't count for anything.