Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Man blockades McDonalds drive-through over sausage and egg McMuffin wait

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 24, 2022, 05:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Is this the biggest wally in Leyland?

On Sunday, Stuart Yates, 55, blockaded a McDonalds drive-through for two hours over being asked to wait for his his double sausage and egg McMuffins to be cooked

QuoteHe said: "A week ago I got made to wait in the car park for over 15 minutes. A lad spotted me and said 'oh, it's him again', because last time I complained. They said go and wait in the car park... I said 'I'm not going anywhere until I get my food'."

Yates was offered a cash refund but refused to leave until the money was returned to his card.

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/mcdonalds-drive-thru-in-leyland-blocked-by-angry-man-who-refused-to-wait-for-sausage-and-egg-mcmuffins-3704035?s=08

According to the Metro Mr Yates said he would wait "all week" if he had to but left after two hours when police arrived.

I imagine it's annoying having to wait 15 minutes to get your food from a fast food service, I assume the McDonalds is very busy, but I don't think the solution is to block the drive through for two hours, especially as he was given his money back, just not in the way he wanted it.

Were you affected by Mr Yates blocking the Leyland McDonalds drive-through? Share your stories below.

I would advise that Mr Yates goes elsewhere as clearly the service is not fast enough for him. Perhaps the McDonalds is short of staff which is why food is taking longer than usual to be served.

QuoteStuart said he did not receive his McMuffins, but ordered two Big Macs via Uber Eats when he got home instead.

Let's hope he is more satisfied with Uber Eats.

Sebastian Cobb

This is probably this guy's Falling Down moment, even if by comparison it's more stumbling a bit.

jobotic

At the time of writing I remain unaffected by Mr Yates' actions. Thank you.

frajer

Well I'm just glad he used that refunded money to buy more McDonalds. One in the eye for big business, I think we can all agree.

Blumf

Fambo Number Mive

Mr Yates is interviewed, a bystander disputes Mr Yates' claims.

Most of the comments on the video are in support of Stuart Yates.

According to the Scum (a reference to the newspaper, nor Stuart Yates):

QuoteStuart, who made headlines around the world with his one-man protest, has now said he's been slapped with a letter from the branch.

A police officer delivered him the formal note, which Stuart assumed was banning him from the restaurant, even though he never read it.

He said: "The policeman had a big letter with a list of complaints about me.

"I didn't read it, I told the police man I wasn't taking it. I presume I have been banned from that McDonald's, but I didn't read the letter.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 24, 2022, 05:18:47 PMAccording to the Metro Mr Yates said he would wait "all week" if he had to but left after two hours when police arrived.

QDRPHNC

Famous Mortimer

Born
Did fuck all for 55 years
Very slightly inconvenienced one McDonalds for a couple of hours
Died

Kankurette

Fambo Number Mive

The First Amendment auditors and their like in the UK and US call men who complain about their intrusive filming "Darrens".

While I wouldn't call someone who wants to know why someone is standing on the pavement outside him company filming for hours a "Darren", I'd certainly call Stuart Yates a Darren.

Glebe

Goldentony

apparently he told onlookers YO FUCK THE MACCIES IT AINT SHIT

jobotic

Thomas

Sneer at this cunt all you like, but the fact remains that this is notably one of only two cases of civil disobedience in English protest history. Before this, there was only Noel Edmonds vs. Lloyds TSB.

Goldentony

Quote from: Thomas on May 24, 2022, 07:13:24 PMSneer at this cunt all you like, but the fact remains that this is notably one of only two cases of civil disobedience in English protest history. Before this, there was only Noel Edmonds vs. Lloyds TSB.

what about the ghost

Video Game Fan 2000

snipers on every roof top to blow the top off anyone who says "quite within my rights"

Jasha

Driver's headrest needs raising to prevent whiplash when the customer behind has had enough and rams his motor

shoulders

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 24, 2022, 05:18:47 PMI would advise that Mr Yates goes elsewhere as clearly the service is not fast enough for him. Perhaps the McDonalds is short of staff which is why food is taking longer than usual to be served.

Let's hope he is more satisfied with Uber Eats.

I would advise burning the McDonald's to the ground with everyone inside then shitting on the remains every day as a long term renovation project.

Cheers

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jasha on May 24, 2022, 07:17:47 PMDriver's headrest needs raising to prevent whiplash when the customer behind has had enough and rams his motor

Surely his bollock-neck is a pretty good form of whiplash protection in itself.

Video Game Fan 2000

you can tell he's been in the TA or something because he's carrying all his blood in his face for safety reasons, an old soldiers trick

can't have a heart attack then

Sebastian Cobb

the only way it could've been better is if a man exactly like him got impatient enough to lose his rag in the queue behind him.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Jasha on May 24, 2022, 07:17:47 PMDriver's headrest needs raising to prevent whiplash when the customer behind has had enough and rams his motor
oh can you imagine

customer behind rams him

he gets out of the car

customer behind gets out of his car

customer two cars back starts honking

customer three cars back yells at two cars back to shut the fuck up

customer four cars back has had enough, gets out and is a giant. Her (haha you assumed it was a man) kids are in the back skrikin' for McFlurrys

now there's a three way brawl

some teenage boys decide to run up and kick the nearest arse as hard as possible for a dare

customer five cars back who's lost their job and is getting kicked out of their house tomorrow on account of rent arrears pulls out, drives up on the grass verge and accelerates towards the brawling customers, screaming obscenities out the window

luckily her (fooled you again) girlfriend (fooled you yet again) yanks the wheel and they bash relatively harmlessly into the menu bollard, airbags deploy, it's all good

the crash stuns everyone into silence. The teenage boys flee, dropping cold chips all over the place. The customers return to their cars. Except nobody can go anywhere because of the crashed car and the stubborn bastard who still won't just pull over and wait for his fucking Egg McMuffins. By now the queue is twenty cars deep because everybody wants violent diarrhea tonight so if you think you can turn around you've got another think coming.

It is now 11:01 and McMuffins are no longer being served

Replies From View

The size of that McDonalds-guzzling fuck.  No wonder he could block an entire drive through.

touchingcloth

I WANT MY SAUSAGE AND EGG MCBACON AND I WANT IT NOW AND IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL I oh I've shit myself

badaids

Can anyone tell me if this is Yates that I went to school with cheers bye.