Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 21, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 25, 2022, 12:08:39 AMThe shop redneck idiot/asshole called sick monday, home test positive. Went to Dr monday afternoon, dr said he was  negative. He came back to work today He ignores his cell phone ringing every few minutes. Finally answers this afternoon, it is his doctor with positive covid test results. The idiot says doctor didn't tell him monday he was negative, he gave him a piece of paper that said negative on it (somewhere among a lot of other words he didn't read).

...I think Sartre said it best...

Dex Sawash

beanheadmcginty

Shame about losing the 2 grand, but sounds like this holiday would've turned out to be insufferable anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/may/26/anti-vaxxer-canadian-ranch-retreat-has-lassoed-my-2000

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Surely of you desperately wanted to go (why?) you could just lie about it? It's not like they can check to make sure you haven't had the jab.

Fambo Number Mive

I've just had a look at their website and I can't see any mention of them not wanting people who have had the vaccine to book on their ranch.

From their website:

QuoteWe spend the mornings from 9:00 to lunch around the barn with the herd either meditating or healing with them (the horses are all at liberty in the large paddock and barn to approach or invite you to join them, and miraculous healings often result from the higher vibrational energy of the herd) or learning horse language, connecting and communicating, or both depending on your interests

I would quite like to learn horse language, but I've had my three vaccines so I suspect Liz MR would not want me there.

Fambo Number Mive

Anti-vaxxer found guilty of smashing windows at vaccination centres. A security guard was injured by flying glass and ITV news reports Paul Edwards, 58, of Warrington in Cheshire had intended to break in and cause more damage.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-06-16/arrogant-anti-vaxxer-jailed-for-smashing-vaccine-centre-windows

QuoteEdwards, representing himself, had told a jury that the vaccination programme was putting the public "in danger" and he had been trying to obstruct it.

He claimed there had been "deliberate scaremongering" and "censorship" in Britain, and argued that Communist China had a vested interest in destabilising Western society.

Scaremongering? Not sure the hundreds of thousands who died from Covid or got Long Covid would agree.

Censorship? Anti-vax bullshit has been all over social media, in some of the mainstream media and many towns and cities were covered in White Rose stickers.

I'm not a fan of the Chinese government but I don't think covid was some kind of plan by them to destabilise Western society. Our own government is doing very well at that.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-06-15/antivaxxer-who-threw-rocks-at-covid-vaccine-centres-found-guilty

Sentenced to 21 months. He should have been sent on some kind of Prevent style education course about covid and vaccinations as well.

Kankurette

I saw a White Rose sticker in Barcelona. Cunts get everywhere.

Blue Jam

Martin Van Buren Stan

"representing himself"

Definitive proof he's a bellend

Fambo Number Mive

Walking along the canal in Bootle, someone's written a load of covid denial and anti vaccine nonsense everywhere in gold and black paint.

Kankurette

Oh Jesus. What is it with Liverpool and antivaxxers?

Fambo Number Mive

The Mail has accused Britain of being "Coronaphobic" after a poll for the newspaper claims 42% have worn a mask and 29% stayed indoors at some point due to cases rising.

bgmnts

Ha look at this soft cunt worried about a virus.

Kankurette

Yes, how dare people take precautions or be worried about getting sick. The Mail got lockdown lifted, what more do they want?

Fambo Number Mive

People on Twitter attacking Trisha Greenhalgh for tweeting a picture of herself on the train wearing a FFP3 mask with a portable HEPA filter and worrying about someone coughing near her on the train (entirely reasonable).

Some of them are telling her to stay at home "if she feels that scared". Basically wanting a lockdown for people who disagree with them.

Makes me so angry that Twitter allows this nonsense from anti-maskers.

audiocreator

Not a post about covid.

Reading this thread, I just realised theres a print button.

A farking print button.

Makes me wonder who has page 18,298,928 from the original forum laminated and for sale?

SpiderChrist

So many friends cancelling on me cos they've come back from flying overseas on holiday with Covid. And you know what, I feel like a right arsehole because I have absolutely zero fucking sympathy for them. I am currently working on this part of my personality, but the last two years have seen considerable shrinkage of my empathy gland.

Crenners

Quote from: SpiderChrist on August 09, 2022, 08:45:48 AMSo many friends cancelling on me cos they've come back from flying overseas on holiday with Covid. And you know what, I feel like a right arsehole because I have absolutely zero fucking sympathy for them. I am currently working on this part of my personality, but the last two years have seen considerable shrinkage of my empathy gland.

Amen, that is shit. I got back from ten days in Switzerland last week and caught Covid on the day I came home. Fortunately, I just tested negative in time to go to Amsterdam on Thursday. Shit thing is I was due to see my mate last Friday and had to cancel, so I know how you feel.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Crenners on August 09, 2022, 09:52:26 AMAmen, that is shit. I got back from ten days in Switzerland last week and caught Covid on the day I came home. Fortunately, I just tested negative in time to go to Amsterdam on Thursday. Shit thing is I was due to see my mate last Friday and had to cancel, so I know how you feel.

No you fucking don't.

Crenners

Quote from: Crenners on August 10, 2022, 03:25:36 PMFair enough mate. Nobody really knows what goes on in anyone else's head. You're quite right so very sorry for being presumptuous about it. Anyway, had to cancel Amster because my pet is ill so hopefully you can relate to how that feels. All the best.

Crenners

Quote from: SpiderChrist on August 10, 2022, 03:16:23 PMNo you fucking don't.

Fair enough mate. Nobody really knows what goes on in anyone else's head. You're quite right so very sorry for being presumptuous about it. Anyway, had to cancel Amster because my pet is ill so hopefully you can relate to how that feels. All the best.

SpiderChrist

Not really. I'm one of those lucky people that can't afford overseas travel. I also have avoided pubs, gigs etc etc for the last two years out of some misplaced sense of duty to my fellow humans, to avoid catching and potentially spreading Coronavirus. Now everycunt is flying here there and fucking everywhere, and seemingly catching and spreading Covid around, treating it like a fucking joke. Well if you had to stand outside a window and wave to your father-in-law when he caught C-19 in hospital and ended up in  intensive fucking care, and had friends fucking die from this cunt disease, and if you had some underlying condition that meant this thing could kill you, you might have a different attitude. But fuck these people, right? As long as we can have our overseas holidays, let all the sicknote cunts die.

Fuck the lot of them. I'm sick of the fucking human race and the sooner I can get shot of them, the better.

Crenners

I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had eleven people I know die from it, friends and family, including in Wuhan at the very start while people in the UK were completely oblivious and laughing at my warnings and preparation. I wasn't able to see any of themselves in hospital or attend the funerals. I've also worked through the entire shit show as 'essential' cannon fodder, catching it three times, and I still wear masks and sanitise in public.

As a species and as a nation, we have responded pitifully but having been far more cautious than almost anyone else I know who is otherwise 'healthy', I no longer see any merit in flagellating myself when vaccines are available and the disease is globally endemic. It's less important now for me to take a stance than to live well with my wife in the time we have left. I drive an electric car. I don't eat red meat. I make charitable donations. On the flipside, I order from Amazon and wear leather shoes.

I respect your choice or decision, whether or not they're imposed or chosen.

BlodwynPig

jamiefairlie

Quote from: SpiderChrist on August 10, 2022, 04:03:47 PMNot really. I'm one of those lucky people that can't afford overseas travel. I also have avoided pubs, gigs etc etc for the last two years out of some misplaced sense of duty to my fellow humans, to avoid catching and potentially spreading Coronavirus. Now everycunt is flying here there and fucking everywhere, and seemingly catching and spreading Covid around, treating it like a fucking joke. Well if you had to stand outside a window and wave to your father-in-law when he caught C-19 in hospital and ended up in  intensive fucking care, and had friends fucking die from this cunt disease, and if you had some underlying condition that meant this thing could kill you, you might have a different attitude. But fuck these people, right? As long as we can have our overseas holidays, let all the sicknote cunts die.

Fuck the lot of them. I'm sick of the fucking human race and the sooner I can get shot of them, the better.

Very will put, agree 100%. My tolerance (low as it was) for other people's utter lack of awareness and/or not giving a fuck has pretty much ended. It's not even their not caring about other but their pig ignorance about the long term consequences of catching Covid themselves, well fuck them and all who associate with them.

Crenners

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 10, 2022, 04:32:38 PMAll the very best Bosto

You too Blod, hope you're staying sane in or out of the thick of it. X

olliebean

Quote from: Crenners on August 09, 2022, 09:52:26 AM
Quote from: SpiderChrist on August 09, 2022, 08:45:48 AMSo many friends cancelling on me cos they've come back from flying overseas on holiday with Covid. And you know what, I feel like a right arsehole because I have absolutely zero fucking sympathy for them. I am currently working on this part of my personality, but the last two years have seen considerable shrinkage of my empathy gland.
Amen, that is shit. I got back from ten days in Switzerland last week and caught Covid on the day I came home. Fortunately, I just tested negative in time to go to Amsterdam on Thursday. Shit thing is I was due to see my mate last Friday and had to cancel, so I know how you feel.

I find this exchange fascinating. "I'm literally the exact sort of person you just said you had zero sympathy for, so I know how you feel."

Crenners

Quote from: olliebean on August 11, 2022, 08:14:41 AMAmen, that is shit. I got back from ten days in Switzerland last week and caught Covid on the day I came home. Fortunately, I just tested negative in time to go to Amsterdam on Thursday. Shit thing is I was due to see my mate last Friday and had to cancel, so I know how you feel.

I find this exchange fascinating. "I'm literally the exact sort of person you just said you had zero sympathy for, so I know how you feel."

Yeah, it was a kind of droll inversion to respond to anger with warmth.

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 18, 2022, 09:22:37 PMWalking along the canal in Bootle, someone's written a load of covid denial and anti vaccine nonsense everywhere in gold and black paint.

I run over the canal on my normal route. I kept seeing the anti-vaccine stuff scrawled on the walls by the big Tesco and the council would paint over it. Recently they gave up but somebody else has added an arrow with "13 years old" or something like that. In fact I'll be going that way now so I'll get a picture if I remember.