Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricky Gervais: SuperNature

Started by Blue Jam, July 29, 2018, 02:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: bgmnts on May 25, 2022, 04:27:48 PMWhat is ultra bizarre about Gervais is that he is a vegan, and so should have a basic respect and compassion for all benign life really, trans-people included. I just don't get the blindspot.

An excessive love of animals can apparently be a sign of sociopathy

colacentral

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 25, 2022, 04:35:35 PMAn excessive love of animals can apparently be a sign of sociopathy

I don't think he's a sociopath. He's a narcissist who's too thick to write clever material, so he goes for the low hanging fruit and convinces himself that his words have no real effect on people. He tells himself it's all irony to cleanse himself of guilt.

bgmnts

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 25, 2022, 04:35:35 PMAn excessive love of animals can apparently be a sign of sociopathy

Unsure what excessive means but I wouldn't be classed as a sociopath.

I assumed it would be the other way around tbh.

C_Larence

Quote from: bgmnts on May 25, 2022, 05:48:50 PMUnsure what excessive means but I wouldn't be classed as a sociopath.

An excessive love of sociopaths is a sure sign of being an animal

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: bgmnts on May 25, 2022, 05:48:50 PMUnsure what excessive means but I wouldn't be classed as a sociopath.

Yeah of course it could go either way. And it's just one trait. Not like all animal lovers are psychos. Or that Ricky Gervais is.

The Guppy

There are plenty of animal-loving bigots. Animals are pure innocent souls who need protection, not like humans who do stupid things like being religious or transgender, and deserve everything they get.

Pimhole

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 25, 2022, 02:14:45 PMWhen "mong-gate" happened, when he was still using the word long after even this place had ditched it, didn't he apologise and promise never to do it again?

No he didn't, actually. It just got widely reported like that.

mippy

I find on Twitter that having "love animals" or similar in the bio usually leads to a timeline banging on about Muslims and halal meat. Not saying that this is the case here, but always struck me as incongruous.

mr. logic

Tony Soprano famously loved animals

Sebastian Cobb

Is he vegan these days? For a long time he was an outspoken animal lover in an an angry misanthropic way that seemed to mostly be a way to justify hating other people, yet he also admitted he had the palette of a child and eat things like fish fingers fairly regularly.

JaDanketies

Apparently the big fat hypocrite announced he was vegan in Jan 2022

Twonty Gostelow

Mentions it 3:50 into this boring exchange with Jimmy Fallon

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2022, 06:21:26 PMIs he vegan these days? For a long time he was an outspoken animal lover in an an angry misanthropic way that seemed to mostly be a way to justify hating other people, yet he also admitted he had the palette of a child and eat things like fish fingers fairly regularly.

Yeah I remember reading an interview where he said he only eats free range meat lol

Cold Meat Platter

He used to say that he ate meat as long is wasn't recognisable parts like bones and it was hidden in sauce.

Juan K Perros

Quote from: mippy on May 25, 2022, 06:14:41 PMI find on Twitter that having "love animals" or similar in the bio usually leads to a timeline banging on about Muslims and halal meat. Not saying that this is the case here, but always struck me as incongruous.

I'm sure it'll have been discussed on these boards before but they're doing sterling work at twitter.com/racistpets

Video Game Fan 2000

what animal is it you recognise from the bones? a stegosaurus?

i don't think this Gervais man has as much empathy as he claims

bgmnts

Quote from: The Guppy on May 25, 2022, 05:55:54 PMThere are plenty of animal-loving bigots. Animals are pure innocent souls who need protection, not like humans who do stupid things like being religious or transgender, and deserve everything they get.

I'd argue there are VERY few actual vegan bigots. People whose idea of being animal lover is owning a doggo and liking some Dodo videos on facebook, there probably are lots of bigots amongst those.

Video Game Fan 2000

bridgitte bardot
morrissey
adolf hitler
...join us, ricky

imitationleather

There's probably a far few bigot vegans among the conspirituality crowd. Not that I'm using this as a stick to beat veganism with, mind.

Blue Jam

Anyone actually watched this then? I'm not even tempted by a hatewatch this time, it sounds like it'd be a real chore.

BritishHobo

Quote from: mippy on May 25, 2022, 06:14:41 PMI find on Twitter that having "love animals" or similar in the bio usually leads to a timeline banging on about Muslims and halal meat. Not saying that this is the case here, but always struck me as incongruous.

The one time I did like Gervais in the last few years was when he tweeted to say that if you only care about cruelty to animals when it's halal, you don't care about animals, you're just a racist. His new audience didn't like that.

EDIT: https://mobile.twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1161923154673115136

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 25, 2022, 01:06:40 AMYou know how some people are the 'comedian's comedian'? He's the comedian for people who don't really usually like comedy.
He's the Call of Duty of stand up.
The FIFA of sitcom.
He is to comedy what 'The Darkness' is to rock music.

He's Michael McIntyre with paedo jokes.

JaDanketies

Veganism hints towards an empathetic mindset, surely, but nowadays there's some crossover with the Quartz-loving vegans and Qanon bullshit, that Qanon Shaman was a hippie dippie vegan. Not to say Gervais is a Quartz-loving Quanoner but it ain't so simple, especially nowadays. Very easy to be in one vegan rabbithole and another fash rabbithole and to merely suffer some occasional downvotes. You'll just think, "I am a fresh mindset in this group."

JamesTC

Juan K Perros

Quote from: JamesTC on May 25, 2022, 07:56:23 PM

I see that twitter.com/hitler is now suspended; must've been for posting that. Gervais and Glinner were right after all.

JamesTC

Quote from: Juan K Perros on May 25, 2022, 08:15:51 PMI see that twitter.com/hitler is now suspended; must've been for posting that. Gervais and Glinner were right after all.

Yet another feminist silenced.

Sebastian Cobb

He's issued a DCMA takedown against an image on an article critical of him by the looks of it.

QuoteY'all, I can't. Ricky Gervais is such a thin skinned hack, he issued a DMCA takedown for the image used by the Mary Sue in their article so that it won't be shown when the article is shared on Twitter.

So here's the image.

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1529537856561041408

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

Ovens' crap photoshops never fail to amuse me. There was this one as well: