Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druss

Quote from: phantom_power on May 26, 2022, 09:44:12 PMWeetman is the fucking idiotest of all fucking idiots. Apparently she took a test that said she had no racial bias so she uses that "fact" every time she says something racist
Is that the IAT test? If so then the whole point is that almost everyone has some racial bias and having an awareness of it can help you to notice situations where implicit bias might be at play.

Mister Six

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a link to the Nish Kumar clip?

pigamus

Quote from: phantom_power on May 26, 2022, 09:20:07 PMWeetman comes in late with the shittest hot take of them all:

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1529509177596465155

"Serious talk for a moment. Whether Nish Kumar has a point or not, he sounds genuinely terrifying in that clip. As a woman I'd be scared of a man seemingly so violently angry."

To be fair he is fucking screaming his head off, it's well over the top

Pimhole

Quote from: pigamus on May 26, 2022, 10:38:04 PMTo be fair he is fucking screaming his head off, it's well over the top

Yeah I've never made it through the whole clip because his delivery is awful. All that gasping for air. Is his whole set like that?

king_tubby

I've not listened to that Nish Kumar clip before, but I just did, and I agreed the fuck out of it.

stonkers

Yes if Nish Kumar came up and started talking to you like that in real life it would be pretty frightening, but plainly he is doing a performance and being rhetorical.

EDIT: Compare to Glinner who has been shown on camera shouting in random women's faces in public.

Mister Six

Quote from: pigamus on May 26, 2022, 10:38:04 PMTo be fair he is fucking screaming his head off, it's well over the top

To be even fairer, he's also doing it on a stage into a microphone in a squeaky voice to an audience in the context of a comedy performance. Weetman's tweet is absurdly disingenuous.

PlanktonSideburns

Tell you what if a robocop talked to me like that in real life I would be pretty alarmed so I would be

Elfking

Someone on one of the Discord servers I'm in is a moderator for the subreddit r/transgenderuk and thinks they may have banned Graham Linehan for going there and trolling with transphobic comments. Account claims to be Linehan, is over a year old, is apparently using the same username as one of his Twitter ban evasion accounts and links to Linehans substack. Nothing 100% confirmed obviously.

Anyway, he's just got banned for trolling what is very obviously a transgender support subreddit.

And here's a link to the account: https://www.reddit.com/user/deckbot/

mtpromises

The accounts posts terf stuff and Rainbow 6, so it mirrors his YouTube page perfectly.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: "IAT Race Test"During the Implicit Association Test (IAT) you just completed:
Your responses suggested no automatic preference between Black people and White people.

That's pretty cool and not what I was expecting. I try not to be consciously racist, but I'm gonna have my learned biases as much as anyone else and was fully expecting this to skew white and it didn't.

I GUESS THIS MEANS I CAN BE AS RACIST AS I WANT NOW I'VE PROVED I'M NOT RACIST.

The Bumlord

Quote from: mtpromises on May 27, 2022, 01:17:34 AMThe accounts posts terf stuff and Rainbow 6, so it mirrors his YouTube page perfectly.

I can't imagine he's any good at games. I'd hate to be on his squad in Rainbow 6, him blundering in, accidentally dropping flashbangs and gunning down hostages because he pressed the wrong button.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: "IAT Transgender Test"During the Implicit Association Test (IAT) you just completed:
Your data suggest no automatic preference between Transgender People and Cisgender People.

Aw, yeah. I'm basically Jesus.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 27, 2022, 02:13:54 AMI can't imagine he's any good at games. I'd hate to be on his squad in Rainbow 6, him blundering in, accidentally dropping flashbangs and gunning down hostages because he pressed the wrong button.

He said at one point that he played Elite: Dangerous. I can't imagine him even having the patience to bind controls for it.
He named his spaceship after Magdalen Berns, I think? Sometimes I think the awfulness is something I've imagined but when I check, no, he really is that much of a sad cunt.

Elfking

Crazy that this guy (potentially), an acclaimed comedy writer, now does shit like trolling trans subreddits and LGBT dating apps.

I mean, I've followed his story since he started getting his bananas in a bunch so I'm not surprised but every time I see this guy take time out to do random little acts of hate it always takes me a moment to remember this is a guy who was once a well-respected writer.

Cold Meat Platter

Has a Glinner shit list been compiled? Maybe it would be handy to know exactly who is persona non banana.

French exchange student guy: Didn't want to play D&D and was popular therefore misogynist.
Jon Ronson: Refused to be transphobic even after anti-Semitism had been condemned - misogynist and homophobe.
Stewart Lee: Put important man in a fictional bin in a red font- hates women and girls and also female toddlers and babies.

The Late Satoru Iwata

It's not surprising that Mr. Twitter has focussed his incisive aim directly on Stewart Lee, because STEWART LEE is an anagram of TWEET LASER.

The Late Satoru Iwata

JAMES ACASTER is A CAMERA'S JEST,
HELEN STANILAND has INSTALLED HENNA
DAVID O'DOHERTY identifies as a HYDRATED OVOID
And GRAHAM LINEHAN is a BIG, BANANAS CUNT.

Famous Mortimer

JAMES SERAFINOWICZ goes to one of those awful misogynistic establishments, the WOMANIZER JIS (jizz) CAFE

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 27, 2022, 04:33:47 AMJAMES SERAFINOWICZ goes to one of those awful misogynistic establishments, the WOMANIZER JIS (jizz) CAFE
):-

(An anagram of a smiley)

The Late Satoru Iwata

Cold Meat Platter

shoulders

Cheers for the Nish Kunar clip. Spot on.

And yeah it's a bit frantic and not funny per se, but we only have audio and it's out of context.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Elfking on May 27, 2022, 01:04:54 AMAnd here's a link to the account: https://www.reddit.com/user/deckbot/

Lol. https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=4521509

deckbot was the twitter account with a Fargo avatar who got banned at the same time as Glinner. Part of the "content manipulation" he got banned for was retweeting that account all the time, when it was actually his sock puppet.

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 12, 2021, 10:49:23 AMWasn't there a sock puppet account on twitter he used named deck-something? When challenged he said "who's Graham?"

Quote from: JamesTC on April 11, 2021, 07:20:16 PMFucking hell.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Elfking on May 27, 2022, 01:04:54 AMSomeone on one of the Discord servers I'm in is a moderator for the subreddit r/transgenderuk and thinks they may have banned Graham Linehan for going there and trolling with transphobic comments. Account claims to be Linehan, is over a year old, is apparently using the same username as one of his Twitter ban evasion accounts and links to Linehans substack. Nothing 100% confirmed obviously.

Anyway, he's just got banned for trolling what is very obviously a transgender support subreddit.

And here's a link to the account: https://www.reddit.com/user/deckbot/

R/rainbow6 - jup, that's him. (I'm late with the joke again :()

Barry Admin

So he'd say stuff like that and then retweet it on main to distance himself from it.

Then he was so happy with the comment he posted on "Kate and Jesse's" Patreon page as Bill Trevor that he also posted it on his blog and on Reddit?  Outing himself as deckbot?

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: JamesTC on April 11, 2021, 07:20:16 PMFucking hell.

I'm going to leave Graham a comment on CaB, could someone make sure he sees it and tells me if he responds?  Thanks.

Spoiler alert
Graham, you are a banana
[close]