Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man blockades McDonalds drive-through over sausage and egg McMuffin wait

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 24, 2022, 05:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Quote from: madhair60 on May 24, 2022, 10:46:44 PMI once ordered McMuffins on the app a good 20 minutes before breakfast ended, I arrived at about 11:03 and joined the drive thru and they told me they couldn't do it because it was past 11, even though I ordered WELL before. Reader, I went cunting ballistic.

Bit of a pisser, though if they were making it for you then and there I understand. I used to work at a Maccas and the grill temps for eggs and the burgers are different and the grill setups are so marginal that they can't afford to do both at the same time.

But you still should have shat on the floor and screamed at them.

madhair60

I want to stress I didn't actually go ballistic I just went oh :( and had something else. I was a tiny bit outraged, but not enough to make a fuss.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: madhair60 on May 29, 2022, 02:08:36 PMI want to stress I didn't actually go ballistic I just went oh :( and had something else. I was a tiny bit outraged, but not enough to make a fuss.

<removes from buddies list>

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 24, 2022, 05:18:47 PMIs this the biggest wally in Leyland?

On Sunday, Stuart Yates, 55, blockaded a McDonalds drive-through for two hours over being asked to wait for his his double sausage and egg McMuffins to be cooked

Yates was offered a cash refund but refused to leave until the money was returned to his card.

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/mcdonalds-drive-thru-in-leyland-blocked-by-angry-man-who-refused-to-wait-for-sausage-and-egg-mcmuffins-3704035?s=08

According to the Metro Mr Yates said he would wait "all week" if he had to but left after two hours when police arrived.

I imagine it's annoying having to wait 15 minutes to get your food from a fast food service, I assume the McDonalds is very busy, but I don't think the solution is to block the drive through for two hours, especially as he was given his money back, just not in the way he wanted it.

Were you affected by Mr Yates blocking the Leyland McDonalds drive-through? Share your stories below.

I would advise that Mr Yates goes elsewhere as clearly the service is not fast enough for him. Perhaps the McDonalds is short of staff which is why food is taking longer than usual to be served.

Let's hope he is more satisfied with Uber Eats.

I'd love to read "Stuart Yates for a time played Ronald MacDonald in the restaurant chain's adverts."

Replies From View

Replies From View

Video Game Fan 2000

he's demanded mcdonalds change their jingle to "do dododo do do I'm QUITE WITHIN MY RIGHTS" and they've conceded. Pusha T is incandescent

JamesTC

I've heard that if you go up to the counter and say "I'M QUITE WITHIN MY RIGHTS" you can get a Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin for 99p when you pay by card.

Sebastian Cobb

To be honest I don't really get McDonalds breakfasts, you probably have to be free enough to not be in a rush for work or whatever but also determined enough to leave the house before about 10-10:30, who the fuck does that?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 31, 2022, 09:53:50 PMTo be honest I don't really get McDonalds breakfasts, you probably have to be free enough to not be in a rush for work or whatever but also determined enough to leave the house before about 10-10:30, who the fuck does that?

When I had a route to work that I occasionally needed to drive, my route took me past a drive through where I'd get a coffee and the number of hash browns that seemed appropriate for that morning.

No idea what the market is for the scrambled eggs or horrible pancakes with syrup, though. Wouldn't be surprised if it's school kids spunking their lunch money and not too arsed about arriving late for register. Not after register - let's not go crazy.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 31, 2022, 09:53:50 PMTo be honest I don't really get McDonalds breakfasts, you probably have to be free enough to not be in a rush for work or whatever but also determined enough to leave the house before about 10-10:30, who the fuck does that?

I have two choices of bus to work, one which gets me there about 5 minutes late and one which gets me there half an hour early, which leaves time to go to the nearby McDonald's for breakfast. I usually just get in late but sometimes I force myself to go in earlier and have a sausage muffin.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Icehaven on May 31, 2022, 11:19:58 PMI have two choices of bus to work, one which gets me there about 5 minutes late and one which gets me there half an hour early, which leaves time to go to the nearby McDonald's for breakfast. I usually just get in late but sometimes I force myself to go in earlier and have a sausage muffin.

I bet you bloody &c

canadagoose

Delivery mate. Delivery

Of course, if you commute you could "do an Icehaven" (as I often did) and get the early bus (or stuff yourself onto an express bus). I wouldn't bring things into the office, though. I brought in a sausage and egg bagel in 2014 and it smelled a lot stronger than you'd imagine.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

I've smelled things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; bacon McBagels; sausage and egg McMuffins. Mainly McDonald's things, to be honest. Can you believe that?

Video Game Fan 2000

Uncle TechTip

McDonald's delivery is the stuff of nightmares, it never tastes any good after lying in the back of a car for 15 mins. Not once have I had a good experience. It's interesting how it's affecting the restaurant experience too, they seem to have no control over the orders coming in so are spending much of the time fulfilling those. Some fascinating data here on just in time supplies and demand management.

Blumf

Surprised there aren't any shadow McDonald's about, branches that don't have a customer facing part and just supply the deliveries, in the shadows.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on June 01, 2022, 07:02:20 PMSurprised there aren't any shadow McDonald's about, branches that don't have a customer facing part and just supply the deliveries, in the shadows.

Probably because as high street rates increased they seemed to focus on drive-throughable places in retail parks, or near major road networks which means there's already a ready-made network of restaurants in places very similar to where dark kitchens end up.

touchingcloth

Cold Meat Platter

I don't understand how they can see to make the chips or whatever in these 'dark kitchens'. It seems like it would be dangerous.

frajer

They're ok but a bit of a lottery. Order a Big Mac, get a Filet-o-Fish. Order large fries and get a load of ancient washing pegs choking in salt.

PlanktonSideburns

Ferris

Heard a stereotypically Canadian man refer to McD's as "rotten ronnie's" about a year ago and I haven't been able to shake it from my brain since.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: frajer on June 01, 2022, 09:50:57 PMThey're ok but a bit of a lottery. Order a Big Mac, get a Filet-o-Fish. Order large fries and get a load of ancient washing pegs choking in salt.

During lockdown some driver must've fucked up a contact less delivery and had managed to scarper before I'd opened the door. By the time I'd tried to find an easy contact number and hmmd and harred about the moral acceptability of just getting stuck in the fucker was inevitably too cold to even consider opening.

There is no 'mate you fucked this up' path by the way (not that it'd matter I suppose, they'd just resend it), or at least not an obvious one, and I wasn't going to spend all evening trying to fix the problem.

It wasn't the first time under lockdown I got a misdelivery but most drivers tended to hover back a fair bit and double check in a way that made me assume these fuck ups cost them.

JamesTC

I remember seeing an internet meme of Ronald McDonald shouting angrily down a phone with the caption "You can go McFuck yourself".

It would be great if it was that gammon fella who was on the phone to him, demanding a refund on his card because his double sausage and egg McMuffin was going to be a couple of minutes late.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah that or that scene with Rorsiarch and a chip pan basket.

Uncle TechTip

Double Dare wanker and shopping channel wanker Peter Simon was the first Ronald McDonald in the UK and there's a YouTube of him walking round London greeting everyone much to the bewilderment of these naive people from the 80s.