Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjd2

That might be that for Draper . ADM playing a very high level of tennis .

Looking at the quarter, the winner of Kyrigos v Tsitsipas, but neither are unbeatable whatsoever.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Like a sweaty Ralf Little

selectivememory

ADM is just relentless. Chasing down everything.

kittens

coco is so good. coco wins it this year. this is a kittens promise

selectivememory

Quote from: rjd2 on June 30, 2022, 09:31:50 PMLooking at the quarter, the winner of Kyrigos v Tsitsipas, but neither are unbeatable whatsoever.

Stef has shown a bit of improvement on grass. I thought after his early exit from RG that was him done until the American hardcourt swing. Reasonably impressed with him to be honest. Never really looked great this year, but grinding out similar results to last year.

Anyway, hope he beats Nick, who will be insufferable if he goes any deeper in this tournament.

kittens

Quote from: kittens on June 30, 2022, 09:39:05 PMcoco is so good. coco wins it this year. this is a kittens promise

3 aces in a row in the final game. superstar.

i also love kyrgios because he's such a dick head

kalowski

Gawd I've just remembered what it is I hate about tennis: everything.
There's a game on the telly here that feels like it's been on all day. Just knocking the ball back and forth for frigging hours.
Only good bit of tennis: Strangers on a Train

rjd2

QuoteStef has shown a bit of improvement on grass. I thought after his early exit from RG that was him done until the American hardcourt swing. Reasonably impressed with him to be honest. Never really looked great this year, but grinding out similar results to last year.

Anyway, hope he beats Nick, who will be insufferable if he goes any deeper in this tournament.

I change my mind on Nick every day, undeniably a tosser, but can be a compelling heel at times . The issue for him is I dunno if his body can hold up for 2 weeks and he has to consider dropping out of the doubles at least.

looking at the Nadal draw he plays Sonego who is handy on grass but quite beatable and maybe Gasquet again.

Please tennis Gods save us from this horror match up please.

rjd2

That's a very impressive win for Watson.

Cressy made a comeback but when serving to make it 2-2 blew it so out he goes. A shame for the event as he was much more watchable than Sock who is a nothing player.

selectivememory

What a waste. Imagine knocking Felix out and then losing to Sock.

Still, Penko, Jabeur and Tiafoe all through today, so it's not all been bad.

selectivememory

Oof. Boulter absolutely trounced by Tan there.

Some very appealing match-ups on the women's side today. Gauff-Anisimova, Swiatek-Cornet and Kvitova-Badosa are all on the main show courts, and then on the outer courts Zheng-Rybakina could also be good (I mean, the only time I've watched Zheng play was against Swiatek in Paris recently, but she was very impressive).

selectivememory

Good win for Anisimova. With her big-hitting game, she's someone I could see causing Iga some problems on the grass should they meet.

Poobum

That kind of match is why women's tennis needs to be best of five. Would have been brilliant to see how Coco would have responded after being played off court in that 3rd set, instead it's just done.

selectivememory

Looks like Iga is going to lose her streak today. Just not the same player on grass that she is on the other surfaces.

selectivememory

Yeah, she gone. Commentator saying she was the red hot favourite for the title, but was she really? Great winning streak, which you can't ignore obviously, but she's so inexperienced on the grass, and always looked vulnerable in her matches.

Oh well, go on Penko/Ons!

Deanjam

BlodwynPig>ALLEZ<BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Deanjam on July 02, 2022, 05:38:34 PMBlodwynPig>ALLEZ<BlodwynPig

Came here to post that. A very very rare good championships for French tennis. Probably no-one will go further though.

selectivememory

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 02, 2022, 05:41:10 PMCame here to post that. A very very rare good championships for French tennis. Probably no-one will go further though.

I dunno, Garcia's been reminding everyone recently that she's actually a really good player, and she has a very winnable match tomorrow.

selectivememory

Petra out now as well. Maybe Badosa is finally going to do something in a slam, though she's got Halep next who totally outclassed her in Madrid earlier this year.

selectivememory

Nick being a dick to the line judges again. Good tie break from Stef though. Really hope he wins it from here.

Dex Sawash

Watching the Nadal match on spanish stream, they display the score weird.

Flouncer

What a fucking squalid display on Court 1. Kyrgios and Tsitsipas both being utter whoppers, but it's making for an electrifying match. Kyrgios has been swearing at line judges and arguing with the umpire, whilst Tsitsipas has been whacking balls into the courtside boxes and trying to hit Kyrgios. They're each doing their level best to wind the other up but Kyrgios is getting the upper hand.

selectivememory

Tsitsipas doing exactly what Nick wants him to do. The whole point is to distract and disrupt.

Not defending Stef. He's lucky not to have been defaulted, but Nick gets away with way too much.

bgmnts

Kyrgios surely has anger management problems? Proper div.

selectivememory

Looking at his draw, real shot at making the semis for Nick. Would much rather it be De Minaur, the other Aussie in that section.

Johnny Textface

No talk about yesterdays drama? Should Tsitsipas have been disqualified? I think so. Kyrgios is obvs a bit of a knob but the rules seem a little grey here. Novak got chucked for the same at the US.

imitationleather

Was gasping for that match to go to a fifth set. Gasping!

selectivememory

Penko's playing so well. Absolutely love to see it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: selectivememory on July 02, 2022, 05:45:50 PMI dunno, Garcia's been reminding everyone recently that she's actually a really good player, and she has a very winnable match tomorrow.

kiss of death, gaullez.

selectivememory

Sorry. If it's any consolation I've just cursed Penko as well, who was on a roll until I posted about her.