Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I am playing FF7 for the first time

Started by Pink Gregory, July 20, 2023, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Mister Six

Really glad I finished this. I think my PS1 copy glitched or something when it showed the ending, because I don't remember anything past Marlene opening her window and seeing Meteor, and I recall thinking it was a weirdly short and ambiguous finale after such a long game.

But no! It was lovely. Well worth dropping $10 or whatever it was for a trek down memory lane.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mister Six on December 10, 2023, 04:27:29 PMBut no! It was lovely. Well worth dropping $10 or whatever it was for a trek down memory lane.

for an arguably superior version of the original as well, what with the 3x speed and no encounters settings

Mister Six

Honestly, teenage me had the patience of a saint. I suppose a lot of the slower movement and battle speed in the original is due to the limitations of the PS1, though.

Pink Gregory

one of the worst things that FF games do is having puzzle solving bits in areas that still have random encounters; going down all those pipes in Mt Nibel was worth turning the no encounters on

Mister Six

Oh yeah, I did turn them off in Vincent's mansion.