Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Two [split topic]

Started by AngryGazelle, November 20, 2023, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 06, 2023, 06:43:52 PMIt was only recently I discovered that the game does actually tell you what weapons and ammo are best for hunting each kind of animal. Got through the whole thing just guessing and wondering why I never got a perfect kill...

Oh where? I was always shit at that.

Inspector Norse

When you track an animal and study it that means that if you ever see it again you can press RB/R1 to bring up a little info text that includes the best way to kill the little fucker.

Old Thrashbarg

Haven't ever played either Red Dead, but as the Ultimate Edition appears to be on sale currently for half the price of the standard edition, I'm going to get it. No idea what the additional content is, but I don't suppose it matters when the game itself is still otherwise full price.

Proactive

I did the same earlier in the year, cracking game. One thing I'd really recommend is playing it for a few hours just to get a general feel, but then watching some spoiler free "things you should know before playing rdr2" type videos, as that really helped me to understand the systems of the game that would otherwise have had me scratching my head for fucking ages and making it much more frustrating to play.

On a similar note, you might find that the controls are sluggish but I found that this can be heavily alleviated by tweaking the camera and aiming sensitivity controls.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 07, 2023, 08:12:52 AMWhen you track an animal and study it that means that if you ever see it again you can press RB/R1 to bring up a little info text that includes the best way to kill the little fucker.

Oh, I knew about the studying thing, but I never saw it mention how best to dispatch them. I've probably wasted plenty of time trying to take down legendary beasts with arrows simply because I thought that's what you had to do to get a "perfect" pelt. Not a great strategy against a bear, let me tell you.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 06, 2023, 06:43:52 PMIt was five years ago (Jesus!) but I think I did most of the "real" missions there. Just didn't seem to be much else going on when exploring.

I don't think I ever caught a legendary fish.

I'd definitely recommend going for the legendary fish - without wanting to sound like too much of a cunt, it's very much about the journey rather than the destination, as actually catching them is a bit of a chore and quite underwhelming, but travelling to these far-flung locations and getting a chance to look at the various settings in a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere is one of the best things to do in the game IMO. Same with the land animals, although there's a bit more excitement in actually finding and hunting them.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 07, 2023, 05:34:11 PMOh, I knew about the studying thing, but I never saw it mention how best to dispatch them. I've probably wasted plenty of time trying to take down legendary beasts with arrows simply because I thought that's what you had to do to get a "perfect" pelt. Not a great strategy against a bear, let me tell you.
I didn't realise it at first but you can't actually ruin the legendary pelts, you can use whatever weapon you like