Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Power Up at the Science Museum

Started by Utter Shit, November 25, 2023, 08:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

Went today with my boy, great fun. Tenner a ticket and you can play a shitload of games dating back over fifty years. Had a whale of a time playing everything from Pong to Mario Odyssey. I think there's 150-odd consoles there so, while most of it focuses on the most famous games, there were a few less obvious choices as well - my son had a great time playing Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers on the SNES.

https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/see-and-do/power

Inspector Norse

Saw that this is also on at the Manchester branch (with added Industry). Looks good for my kids, sure we can squeeze in a visit when we're over at Christmas.
I'll take your word that it's better than the gaming exhibition they went to at the half-empty Bradford museum last time we were over, which seemed to consist of a load of broken arcade machines and two working computers that some nerd was hogging all day.

Memorex MP3

Has anyone been to freeplaycity in harringey yet?

Utter Shit

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 29, 2023, 09:24:24 AMSaw that this is also on at the Manchester branch (with added Industry). Looks good for my kids, sure we can squeeze in a visit when we're over at Christmas.
I'll take your word that it's better than the gaming exhibition they went to at the half-empty Bradford museum last time we were over, which seemed to consist of a load of broken arcade machines and two working computers that some nerd was hogging all day.
Oh it's miles better than that sounds. It's a large but busy space with 160 playable machines from over the years, separated by genre for the most part but with a 16-player game circle and a 'history of gaming' section along one wall, which is just about the only attempt made to give the exhibition any kind of educational value. It's essentially an arcade, just with an entrance price instead of coin-op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3cyLQB3srw

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on November 29, 2023, 09:30:32 AMHas anyone been to freeplaycity in harringey yet?
FPC is a great venue that I'd definitely recommend, but it is of a different niche to the stuff in this thread. Their foremost focus is serving the core playerbases for things like arcade rhythm games and fighters rather than being an interactive game museum experience for all ages, though it's still pretty welcoming to others

shoulders

I have Arcade Club 10 mins walk away, would recommend it.