Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:09:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ideas for games that you know would be absolutely brilliant

Started by beanheadmcginty, December 08, 2023, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

I'm currently playing Shadow of War (sequel to Mordor) and can't stop thinking about how much more fun it would be if it was reskinned as a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe game. It would require no changes to the gameplay, just He-Man based graphics. Anyone else got any dream game ideas that are there right in front of us?

Memorex MP3

It's Burnout Paradise, or Burnout 3, but with some iterative updates for the current generation.

Cerys

Back in the '90s, I dreamed a game that had Lara Croft and Abe from Abe's Oddysee as the main characters.  I live in hope.

dontpaintyourteeth

Cold Meat Platter

Said this before on here but a Rockstar produced Dirty Harry. Open world San Fran, 70s funk on the radio, huge drifting gas guzzling cars. Combo of the investigations of LA Noir and the shooting/driving/random crimes of GTA. Get it fucking done before he carks it. Yeah there was a ps2 unreleased game but it looked shite.

Mister Six

Nah, everyone'll moan about copaganda and glorifying police violence (unlike glorifying criminal violence, which is fine).

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Mister Six on December 09, 2023, 03:12:00 AMNah, everyone'll moan about copaganda and glorifying police violence (unlike glorifying criminal violence, which is fine).

He could take down a ultra-authoritarian police conspiracy like in Magnum Force.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on December 08, 2023, 01:50:45 PMIt's Burnout Paradise, or Burnout 3, but with some iterative updates for the current generation.
A game based on the crash mode, but done in a Point Blank/Bishi Bashi style please.

seepage

Norton Canes

A version of Lunar Jetman where you have unlimited jet pac fuel and don't have to worry about destroying missiles, you just scud around shooting up aliens like it's a pimped-up Defender

Come on Ultimate, it's not too late!

Vodkafone

I'm sitting on two guaranteed belters, so listen up games industry:

1. A game based around acts of sabotage. Could be WW2 or something else, but disrupting plans of evil bad guys by derailing trains, blowing up munitions factories etc. Missions would involve a fair bit of stealth to evade guards, barbed wire etc., need to gather up materials, meet with co-conspirators etc. Satisfaction at seeing your plans come to fruition. I've searched and can't find one like this.

2. One where you're being chased/pursued/hunted. Moments of respite where you manage to hide out for a bit but always having to move on. Might meet various people who either help or hinder along the way. Would be stressful.

Kelvin

I'm mentioned it before, but a big 3D rogue-lite where you have to explore a mountain, and climb higher each time by obtaining more items (climbing gear, weapons, supplies, sleds, dogs, etc). The initial endgame would be to reach the top (maybe it could have several increasingly difficult peaks), but in reality it would be more fun to explore the mountain, and discover the secrets all over and underneath it. You have a plane crash site, a terrifying yeti cave system, a spooky town on the furthest side, and if you can find access points, an entire city beneath the mountain, with a crazy cult and Cthulhu-like monsters.

Each discovery would net you money and items to upgrade your build and push further, higher or deeper on your next run. You could unlock different base camps, battle rival explorers, and unravel a load of lore about all the mad stuff that you find across the mountain. The point wouldn't to make the mountain big for the sake of it, but rather very dense with things to discover and unlock.

I even have a name for it: A Mountain Too High.   

Vodkafone

Quote from: Kelvin on December 09, 2023, 12:37:50 PMI'm mentioned it before, but a big 3D rogue-lite where you have to explore a mountain, and climb higher each time by obtaining more items (climbing gear, weapons, supplies, sleds, dogs, etc). The initial endgame would be to reach the top (maybe it could have several increasingly difficult peaks), but in reality it would be more fun to explore the mountain, and discover the secrets all over and underneath it. You have a plane crash site, a terrifying yeti cave system, a spooky town on the furthest side, and if you can find access points, an entire city beneath the mountain, with a crazy cult and Cthulhu-like monsters.

Each discovery would net you money and items to upgrade your build and push further, higher or deeper on your next run. You could unlock different base camps, battle rival explorers, and unravel a load of lore about all the mad stuff that you find across the mountain. The point wouldn't to make the mountain big for the sake of it, but rather very dense with things to discover and unlock.

I even have a name for it: A Mountain Too High.   

I like the sound of this. You could also have difficulty as the oxygen in the air gets lower the higher up you go - might cause hallucinations (or are they?) and there might be gear you need to be able to reach the upper parts because of this.

Hentai style FPS adaptation of classic BBC sitcom May to December.

Kelvin

Quote from: Vodkafone on December 09, 2023, 12:42:12 PMI like the sound of this. You could also have difficulty as the oxygen in the air gets lower the higher up you go - might cause hallucinations (or are they?) and there might be gear you need to be able to reach the upper parts because of this.

Yes, and climbing equipment that could make the early areas much quicker to traverse, or help you reach otherwise unreachable parts of the mountain. Finding base camps could let you choose which side of the mountain you start on. Flares and lamps could light up foreboding caves. Maybe you find a loveable St Bernard that grants you a second life. You can choose to spend money on repairs, fuel, whisky for the dog, etc.

True ending could be achieved by scaling all the way up the mountain, entering the cave system and descending all the way back down, into the hollow heart of the mountain for a confrontation with whatever lived underneath it. 

Lemming

Quote from: Vodkafone on December 09, 2023, 12:19:14 PM1. A game based around acts of sabotage. Could be WW2 or something else, but disrupting plans of evil bad guys by derailing trains, blowing up munitions factories etc. Missions would involve a fair bit of stealth to evade guards, barbed wire etc., need to gather up materials, meet with co-conspirators etc. Satisfaction at seeing your plans come to fruition. I've searched and can't find one like this.
Like a WW2 version of Hitman? There's been a couple WW2 Hitman clones with objectives that sometimes rely on sabotage rather than assassination (Death to Spies being the first I can think of). Hidden & Dangerous and Commandos both have the WW2 stealth/sabotage themes going on too though there's not much fluidity in how you can achieve objectives.

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on December 09, 2023, 02:49:03 AMSaid this before on here but a Rockstar produced Dirty Harry. Open world San Fran, 70s funk on the radio, huge drifting gas guzzling cars.

You can get a little blim of this from Driver: Parallel Lines. Certainly a good attempt to do a 70s Driving Sandbox

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've long thought Rockstar are missing a trick by not making a new version of Body Harvest. If they're feeling too lazy, they could do a trimmed down version as GTA DLC.

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on December 08, 2023, 01:50:45 PMBurnout Paradise, or Burnout 3, but with some iterative updates for the current generation.
The one change I'd like to see for Burnout Paradise would be randomly generated circuit races. No more getting lost, plus it would take you round some of the less visited parts of the map.

copa

QuoteI even have a name for it: A Mountain Too High.

I've had a similar idea in my head.
But a bit more of a nerdy climbing simulation.
It would have the aesthetic of something like Project Zomboid.
Massive amount of kit and customisation options, which all fits neatly together.

Or maybe it looks a bit more like Death Stranding.

The core mechanic would be the individual placement of hands and feet during a climb.
Planning a route, inching your way up. Gauging the relative risks of each decision.
The better your positioning, the stronger the grip - the longer you can hold it.
For dodgy grips, you have finite time before you lose hold/footing.

Could recreate real climbs using accurate data etc.

Utter Shit

A theme park sim like Rollercoaster Tycoon/Planet Coaster, except you're running a travelling funfair and the focus is on ripping off the customers via shoddy prizes, unwinnable games, poor safeguarding of rides etc. before upping sticks for the next town full of marks.

Also - Failrace on Youtube has already created this sort of thing in GTA with his Survive the Hunt series, but a game that makes proper use of the need to blend in with NPCs and go undetected by other human players would be class. I'm not a big gamer so this idea might already exist, but the Survive the Hunt series is so great. So many games utilise stealth in one-player mode, but I don't know of many that use 'hiding in plain sight' stealth, and none that do it in multiplayer mode. Which is odd really, because it's a mechanic that is way more suited to multiplayer.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

I would love to play an open world game set in a sector of Mega City One in which you play as a criminal.

The highest future buildings, weather control, city blocks, sky surfing, Boing!, on the run from relentless Judges, the undercity, owning a mopad, have a section where you pretend to be a Judge... so much potential.

badaids

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on December 09, 2023, 08:20:37 PMI would love to play an open world game set in a sector of Mega City One in which you play as a criminal.

The highest future buildings, weather control, city blocks, sky surfing, Boing!, on the run from relentless Judges, the undercity, owning a mopad, have a section where you pretend to be a Judge... so much potential.

That is a good idea, but I'd like to play as a judge.

The beginning bit and tutorial would be your training as a cadet, and your attributes would depend on how well you did, and you'd have the chance to score One. Or you could choose to be a Psi.

Be amazing to have to fight the Dark Judges and the Judda and all that lot.

PlanktonSideburns

kalowski

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 2023, 02:18:34 PMManic Miner but he's in Hamas Terror Tunnels
Manic Miner but he's naked. Talk about Miner Willy!

A game with no visuals at all. The story and action are only communicated to the player with audio and controller vibrations. On a proper console. Has anyone attempted this? I don't just mean a low lit section of a traditional game.

Memorex MP3

Quote from: curiousoranges on December 10, 2023, 12:24:37 AMA game with no visuals at all. The story and action are only communicated to the player with audio and controller vibrations. On a proper console. Has anyone attempted this? I don't just mean a low lit section of a traditional game.
Haven't actually played it but possibly Blind Drive?

Shaky

A Doctor Who game where each new "life" is the next regeneration of the Doc in TV order.

Cerys