Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

borderlands 2 DLC steam version multiplayer sincere request

Started by madhair60, December 29, 2023, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

hello I am doing the Borderlands 2 DLCs for the first time (in True Vault Hunter mode) and it is hard and i am a crap solo Salvador.

if anyone is interested in "partying up" and playing Borderlands 2 with me while most likely enduring my chatting absolute dogshit bollocks then please let me know as it is a friend-player game and while fun solo it is not the intended experience

also general Borderlands chat, what's your fave in the series, do you still play, is the first game worth playing at all, etc

try not to just do the usual boring "the humour is bad" posts, we all know, everyone knows

madhair60

Pink Gregory

tried out the first Borderlands years ago, liked it enough but not enough to get out of the first area.  Played co-op and got a bit further but I didn't have anyone as a reliable co-op partner so that kind of died on its arse as well.

Can't say it inspired much joy in me solo, but it was comfortable enough.  Not entirely sure how they got a 3 and 4 out of it.

Mister Six

What platform?

Not that I can help as I haven't played Borderlands 2 since the 360. It's a lot of fun, but too long - by the end I felt like it was randomly generating story too. Never played the DLC for that reason.

The first one is fun, but might seem a bit basic after 2. It has the better intro sequence by far though. Introduced me to Cage the Elephant, which I'm grateful for.

Didn't play 3 but might get it on discount at some point.

Is the humour genuinely bad? I remember finding the first couple pretty amusing, and most of the people I see complaining about it could also be upset that the game has women and asexuals and a fat person who isn't the butt of a joke.

EDIT: Shit, there's a Borderlands 4!?

Pink Gregory

I meant the Pre-Sequel, unless I'm missing something and that's basically a big expansion?

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on December 29, 2023, 06:07:32 PMWhat platform?

steam, as per thread title, but easy to miss. PC/steam

QuoteIs the humour genuinely bad? I remember finding the first couple pretty amusing, and most of the people I see complaining about it could also be upset that the game has women and asexuals and a fat person who isn't the butt of a joke.

i don't mind it but I can see why it irritates people. there is a certain formula to the jokes that repeats over and over and over again for a 40 hour-odd game, and that's without having done the DLC

Quote from: Pink Gregory on December 29, 2023, 06:14:17 PMI meant the Pre-Sequel, unless I'm missing something and that's basically a big expansion?

it's a shorter smaller game that followed Borderlands 2.

madhair60

3 is, but 2 isn't; predates the feature by a fair way so would be quite tough to implement I figure?

madhair60

fuck my ARSE Borderlands 2 is SO GOOD on new game +. why the fuck did i have to finish the game for it to become good?! there's so much more enemy variety, the loot is more interesting and diverse, the difficulty is much more tolerable and you actually have an interesting build you can work towards. brilliant fucking game but it took me playing it for eight years on and off for it to become good. I put 30 hours into beating it across those eight years and i've played another 35 in the last fortnight, just in NG+. fantacker.

C_Larence

Quote from: madhair60 on December 30, 2023, 09:27:55 AM3 is, but 2 isn't; predates the feature by a fair way so would be quite tough to implement I figure?

Ah, well if you ever need help on 3...

madhair60

addiction to this game did not subside. I have absolutely rinsed it. and yet not done because i am still doing the DLCs now. i ended up doing True Vault Hunter first, for god knows what reason. anyway i got to the final boss of the Torgue DLC and quite frankly fuck that, i'm not doing it. so i've moved on to the Hammerlock one, then I'll do Tiny Tina, and then I may take a ginger half-step towards maybe possibly being done with Borderlands 2. unless I decide I want to do Ultimate Vault Hunter, but that really does seem impossibly difficult.