Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:03:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite videogames set in Britain

Started by George White, January 07, 2024, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Quote from: Brass Moustache on January 09, 2024, 05:09:06 PMTheres meant to be a VR game set in the Peaky Blinders universe coming out on Steam.
No news of its release date yet last i checked
Christ.
Give us a The Detectives game that is like a parody of the Getaway, Steven Knight...

letsgobrian

AC Valhalla did give me a thrill when you enter England via my home town (represented accurately as a bandit camp in the game).

Earth Defence Force 2 opens with London being attacked by giant ants.

Professor Layton and the Lost Future for the

Spoiler alert
Secret second London built under the real London in order to fake time travel.
[close]

Waking Life

A fantastical version of Scotland, sure, but A Highland Song is an enjoyable recent one. Frustrating to begin with, but fun to get lost in once you adjust to it.

Quote from: Brass Moustache on January 09, 2024, 05:09:06 PMTheres meant to be a VR game set in the Peaky Blinders universe coming out on Steam.
No news of its release date yet last i checked

I went for an interview for this job. Didn't get it. Hope it flops terribly.

*I don't

falafel

If you mean The King's Ransom it came out months ago as far as I can see...

Garam

Uncharted 3 had a boozy Eastendersy skinhead bar brawl in London as the opener and Uncharted 4 had a Scotland level. Fictional Scottish castle but they got the general colouring right. Fun games.

The Culture Bunker

Back to Spectrum era and more unusual seetings - there was an Andy Capp game, which was presumably set in Hartlepool. Part of it's "you couldn't get away with that anymore", err, charm is that you could get in punch-ups with Flo.

The Crumb

Driving round London in Metropolis Street Racer felt astonishing at the time. Still fun in the Project Gotham games.

Forza Horizon 4 does a nice take on Britain too.

Jim_MacLaine

Which reminds me, BLUR has a Brighton prom circuit.

A fair bit of artistic licence being used on the beach but the monolithic Brighton Centre is there.

Schlippy

We Happy Few was set in an alternate UK where WW2 had panned out differently, had a sort of Bioshock-y art style and looked absolutely superb in previews but turned out to be a horrible broken mess at launch, alas.

Utter Shit

The graphics look pretty ropey for a game set to be released this year, but the new Fallout game is set in London. The video below has some nice shots of a post-apocalyptic London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuzpblWpVM&t=525s&pp=ygUOZmFsbG91dCBsb25kb24%3D

EDIT: Just realised this is some kind of fan-made thing, which explains the dodgy graphics I guess.

Thursday

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 15, 2024, 04:06:55 PMEDIT: Just realised this is some kind of fan-made thing, which explains the dodgy graphics I guess.

Fucking idiot!

But yeah intrigued by this, can't believe I might be reinstalling Fallout 4.

horse_renoir

It doesn't really count, but Pokémon sword was set in a pseudo-Britain. Some of the new Pokémon from the region include a Stonehenge/dolmen, a factory tower belching smoke and a cup of tea.

There was also Amnesia: Machine for Pigs, which was mainly set underground but ventured up into 1900's London for a bit.

GoblinAhFuckScary