Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:47:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Singers with jarringly different voices than their appearance would suggest

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, January 09, 2024, 07:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Terry Torpid

Bloke from The Animals for me. I'd heard House of the Rising Sun a load of times before I saw the video. I had assumed he was some grizzled old dude, not someone who looked like 16 year old Stewart Lee with a moptop.

bobloblaw

Not sure I could picture Kurt Wagner's falsetto coming from that grey-haired old bloke in a cap

Terry Torpid

famethrowa

Jay Kay. I had the first couple of Jamiroquai CDs but was surprised to discover that he didn't look like young Stevie Wonder.

timahall

There was that guy in Gomez who looked like a spotty student but sounded like a grizzled delta bluesman.

Kankurette

He looks more like he sounds now, he's gained weight and grown a beard.

The modern equivalent is Louis Berry, a young Scouser who looks like Ross Barkley but sounds like a grizzled old black bluesman.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: famethrowa on January 09, 2024, 11:58:12 PMJay Kay. I had the first couple of Jamiroquai CDs but wasn't surprised to discover that he did look like a young Stevie Wonder total cunt.

Keebleman

Axl Rose.  And when you hear him speak his singing voice seems even weirder. 

Helen Shapiro.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Not looks based but I'm often amused by the range discrepancy between Matt Berry's acting voice and his singing voice.

Pink Gregory

reckon Robert Wyatt's voice could only sound like it does because he looks like St Nicholas thawed from a glacier

Russ L

Apologies for the Joolzpostin' (although it's fantastic if you can ignore him), but when the trumpet-playing big Mexican stoner fella sings (try 1:50 for a clear look at him):

Chicory

boki

Jackson K Pollock

boki

Quote from: Jackson K Pollock on January 10, 2024, 02:34:53 PMNever heard of him.
He's the one that does the riding shotgun song that's a flimsily disguised cover of Forget You.

The Mollusk

Not a singer but I was quite taken aback when meeting grizzled woodsman Dylan Carlson after seeing Earth perform that he has the voice of a weedy teenager.

Kankurette

You know that 'hello, we're Slayer' joke? Kat Bjelland is the female equivalent. Tiny woman, squeaky little speaking voice...and then it's YEEEEEWWWW FUCKIN BITCH I HOPE YOUR INSIDES RAAWT

Kankurette

AllisonSays

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on January 09, 2024, 07:55:19 PMLet's start with the king of them all George Ezra:

Expand? To me he both looks and sounds like a braying English tit.