Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fast Show 30th Anniversary Tour

Started by lauraxsynthesis, January 25, 2024, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

Will be trying to get a ticket for the London gig at 10am tomorrow. Tour tickets are already available.

https://thefastshow.live/

Norton Canes

DrGreggles

Nowhere near here.
Not sure I'd go out of my way for it.

Norton Canes

I presume denizens of the Leeds conurbation are similarly disgruntled. Our fault for packing the cities in so close up here, I guess. 

Norton Canes

thr0b

Hmm. Sketches or just them chatting? It's a bit unclear.

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 25, 2024, 11:15:23 AMStill, I'm happy for Basingstoke.

They don't call it Amazingstoke for nothing!

Quote from: thr0b on January 25, 2024, 11:27:36 AMHmm. Sketches or just them chatting? It's a bit unclear.

Bit of both based on the description. Feels a bit cash in, but League of Gentlemen did a few "best of" sketches on their last tour and it was brilliant, so - price dependent - I'm up for this.

thr0b

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 25, 2024, 11:33:41 AMThey don't call it Amazingstoke for nothing!

Bit of both based on the description. Feels a bit cash in, but League of Gentlemen did a few "best of" sketches on their last tour and it was brilliant, so - price dependent - I'm up for this.

Aye, fair enough. I'd cope happily with either, as they're funny in their own rights.

Norton Canes

Great to see Mark Williams back in the fold. Given the calibre of all the participants, I'm sure even the chatty bits will have laffs a-plenty.

Just not in Manchester.

madhair60

everyone already knows everything that happened during every single second of the production of The Fast Show, move on please comedy world

Gurke and Hare

I think I'd prefer them chatting to rehashing the sketches. Not in Manchester. Or even Salford but described in the publicity as Manchester.

lauraxsynthesis

More deets here:
https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2024/01/25/54869/fast_show_makes_a_comeback_as_a_live_tour?rss

a 'greatest hits' package, interspersed with Higson interviewing his colleagues.

They will chat together about how it all began, how they made the TV show, and created the characters and the fun they had doing it. This will be interspersed with performances of some of their best-loved sketches monologues and songs, with on-screen inserts and a moment to remember their former collaborator, the late Caroline Aherne.

Characters set to be revived include; Ralph, Jesse, Swiss Toni, Does My Bum Look Big In This?, Dave Angel, Jazz Club, The Suit You Tailors, Ron Manager, The Mad Painter, Rowley Birkin, Bob Fleming, Competitive Dad, Professor Denzil Dexter, and The Girl Who Boys Can't Hear.

Tony Yeboah

Thank you for posting this link. I have bought a ticket. Which was nice.

Jockice

I've got tickets already. Which is fantastic.

Small Man Big Horse

Surprised this is at the Pleasance in London, since the refit the main house only seats 199. I don't really like it as a space, either, and much preferred the more traditional style theatre it was prior to covid.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 25, 2024, 07:33:06 PMSurprised this is at the Pleasance in London, since the refit the main house only seats 199. I don't really like it as a space, either, and much preferred the more traditional style theatre it was prior to covid.

It's a warm up show in a convenient location for them all before the proper tour, which itself is a warm up to see if there is interest in doing bigger venues eventually.

lauraxsynthesis

Almost had a panic attack but managed to get tickets for London. I don't actually understand where I'm sitting, but it's table 9!

Billy

Well that was a fun four minutes of clicking on every possible seat and getting a 'Sorry, not available' message until they depleted to zero. At least I'll be enjoying the Drop the Dead Donkey reunion next week instead.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 26, 2024, 10:08:02 AMAlmost had a panic attack but managed to get tickets for London. I don't actually understand where I'm sitting, but it's table 9!

Someone's sitting there mate.

neveragain

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 25, 2024, 12:02:24 PMCharacters set to be revived include; Ralph

But not Ted?

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 25, 2024, 12:02:24 PM... The Mad Painter

He's got a name. Johnny Nicepainter.

I don't see how the chatting plus sketches aspect will work. It did when I saw An Evening With Vic and Bob but somehow I think being just two people made that work. Just seems cumbersome with a full cast. Especially when the show is meant to be fast.

"And now here's Arabella Weir's Bum character."
Applause. She stands and moves over to a standing microphone.
"Ooh my bum!"
Applause.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: neveragain on January 26, 2024, 11:07:04 AMI don't see how the chatting plus sketches aspect will work. It did when I saw An Evening With Vic and Bob but somehow I think being just two people made that work. Just seems cumbersome with a full cast. Especially when the show is meant to be fast.

First half chat, second half sketches or vice versa I'd guess.

Norton Canes

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 25, 2024, 07:33:06 PMSurprised this is at the Pleasance in London, since the refit the main house only seats 199. I don't really like it as a space, either, and much preferred the more traditional style theatre it was prior to covid.

Because Higson lives in walking distance from his gaff in Tufnell Park? If Charlie is in charge, it will almost certainly be good, as he's not one to shortchange.

DrGreggles

I'd have thought they'd show the sketches on a screen then just waffle about them - like a Slapstick Festival show.

lazyhour

It could work if they chat with a few of the contributors while other ones are offstage getting in costume to do a sketch. Then repeat the process through the evening, swapping out who chats and who gets into costume. Bit awkward, but it would allow for live sketches without loads of dead time with nobody on stage.

Twilkes

Is the chat going to be the same each night? How bored are they going to be by the end of the run. And if it's new chat each night then they'll have to think up a thousand hours of chat to talk about.

Brilliant!

DrGreggles

neveragain

Yeah, I just don't think it's a good set-up. Either go all out with sketches or do an audience-led Q&A. However I'm just assuming the worst before they've even started so could be talking out of my
Spoiler alert
ARSE!
[close]

Vodkafone

Quote from: Jockice on January 25, 2024, 04:49:16 PMI've got tickets already. Which is fantastic.

Those Sheffield tickets didn't last long, eh?