Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible Album titles!!

Started by kalowski, February 14, 2024, 07:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
On a different planet musically speaking but Stevie Wonder's 'Fulfillingness' First Finale' is a clunky title and a half.

markburgle

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
Dookie
Ersatz GB
Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Art Bear

'...In Spite of Harry's Toenail' by Gnidrolog

TheMonk

niat

Mew - No More Stories Are Told Today, I'm Sorry They Washed Away. No More Stories, The World Is Grey, I'm Tired, Let's Wash Away

is a bit of a mouthful.

phantom_power

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on February 15, 2024, 12:53:50 AMOn a different planet musically speaking but Stevie Wonder's 'Fulfillingness' First Finale' is a clunky title and a half.

and Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants

Maurice Yeatman

Of course, Apple and Banhart aren't fit to shine Bolan's pixie boots

Beagle 2

This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours always dismayed me, I know it's a Nye Bevan quote but it's a shit one and for me renders all of his political achievements futile.

Terence Bowl

Quote from: DrumsAndWires on February 14, 2024, 11:21:27 PM'13 songs' by Fugazi

just lacking imagination innit
banger album tho
That would be a better title if it didn't have 13 songs on it.

Good - When the album is named after a line in one of the songs.
Dark Side of the Moon, Nighthawks at the Diner etc.

Shite - When the album is cynically named after the hit single (usually done by the label I know, they'd be as well just calling it 'This One You Morons')
Wicked Game, Paranoid etc. 

Mega Shite - When an album has an unexpected hit single and they use it as the title of the next album even though that song isn't on it.
No examples as no matter how I phrase it google just keeps throwing up irrelevant pish but I'm fairly sure it's happened at least once or twice but can't remember the bands or albums.

idunnosomename

Cant think of a "title track" that came out BEFORE rather than after the album (like Houses of the Holy and Sheer Heart Attack)

The Mollusk

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on February 15, 2024, 12:53:50 AMOn a different planet musically speaking but Stevie Wonder's 'Fulfillingness' First Finale' is a clunky title and a half.

I can't remember where I read this now but I think Wonder actually titled it Fulfillingness's First Finale which is even worse, and this was included on the album cover design but later corrected by, I dunno THE MAN or something. Hence why now the cover has an unusual gap between the first two words where the extra "s" was blanked out. I'm a sucker for getting irritated by little design flaws and the fact they didn't bring the words closer together and realign the title properly does my head in.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 15, 2024, 02:29:49 PMI can't remember where I read this now but I think Wonder actually titled it Fulfillingness's First Finale which is even worse, and this was included on the album cover design but later corrected by, I dunno THE MAN or something. Hence why now the cover has an unusual gap between the first two words where the extra "s" was blanked out. I'm a sucker for getting irritated by little design flaws and the fact they didn't bring the words closer together and realign the title properly does my head in.

If that's true then Stevie's version would have been the correct one.

boki

Ogden's Nut Gone Flake

Ogden's nut go fuck yourself

iamcoop

Those awful hipster knowing ones like

"This is an album of 12 songs by the Rock and Roll band the Black Keys"

Or whatever those tiresome cunts called it

Egyptian Feast

Noel Gallagher has a live album called The Dreams We Have as Children, his last couple were called Who Built The Moon? and Council Skies, plus I'll assume he came up with Heathen Chemistry and the misquote mentioned earlier. He has a Corganesque genius for coming up with laughably shit titles (not forgetting his songs, such as 'AKA...What A Life!').

badaids

Quote from: cosmic-hearse on February 14, 2024, 11:23:35 PMAll self-titled albums.
Just a total lack of imagination.

Provided Tindersticks get a pass.

Egyptian Feast

And Jacques Dutronc, for taking the absolute piss with the amount of them he released.

famethrowa

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 15, 2024, 02:29:49 PMI can't remember where I read this now but I think Wonder actually titled it Fulfillingness's First Finale which is even worse, and this was included on the album cover design but later corrected by, I dunno THE MAN or something. Hence why now the cover has an unusual gap between the first two words where the extra "s" was blanked out. I'm a sucker for getting irritated by little design flaws and the fact they didn't bring the words closer together and realign the title properly does my head in.

I bet Stevie hit the roof when he saw that, etc etc

But seriously though, that font suggests it might be GIBBON TIME!!

PaulTMA

There must be someone on here who has listened to all three of the albums titled 'Life' by Inspiral Carpets, Simply Red and The Cardigans, and if so can you tell us which shines the most light on the subject

PaulTMA

Peasants, Pigs And Astronauts was a dreadful name for Kula Shaker's second album, but Peas, Ants, Pigs And Astronauts would have been worthy of Gong.  They fucked it

I assume we've had "Do You Like Rock Music?" by British Sea Power.

spaghetamine

Sometimes I Might Be Introvert

The Culture Bunker

"I've Got My Own Album To Do" by Ronnie Wood.

Egyptian Feast

Fanx Ta'Ra by Sad Cafe is a shit title made even worse by the album cover.

Is the back cover implying that the entire band is leaving her flat or have they been waiting outside for their mate all this time (3 minutes)?

markburgle

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on February 16, 2024, 10:15:27 AM"I've Got My Own Album To Do" by Ronnie Wood.

That's reminded me of another shit one of his - "Not For Beginners". At the time he was like "yeah, cos it's not for beginners this, it's proper next level shit".

Just had a quick listen and, yeah, it's boring

I've always hated Elbow's 'Build A Rocket Boys!', the exclamation mark, the word 'boys' as if they're a bunch of salt of the earth lads working away in a hanger, all of it. Hate it.

PaulTMA

Would have to be a powerful rocket

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on February 16, 2024, 10:28:02 AMIs the back cover implying that the entire band is leaving her flat or have they been waiting outside for their mate all this time (3 minutes)?
The guy on the front isn't in the band (6 men listed in the credits, 6 men on the stairs, none of whom are wearing a silly denim hat), so perhaps they're waiting to chin him? But why they're all looking in different directions is a curious one.

Quote from: PaulTMA on February 16, 2024, 01:48:38 AMThere must be someone on here who has listened to all three of the albums titled 'Life' by Inspiral Carpets, Simply Red and The Cardigans, and if so can you tell us which shines the most light on the subject
There's also "Life" by Life, so if anyone's nailed it, one would assume it was them.

boki