Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sitcoms which reference other sitcoms

Started by Lapsedcat, February 18, 2024, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magister

The conference episode of The Thick of It has Malcolm imitating Fred Flintstone when he's hammering on Rebecca Front's bathroom door.

Oh, Nobody

Quote from: KennyMonster on February 22, 2024, 09:11:24 AMThat's just reminded me that in an episode of Teenage Zionist Blossom she meets Will Smith and they reference Fresh Prince Of Bel End Air.

What a useless f*ckin thing to keep in your brain.

Blossom's not-Joey Laurence brother dated Hilary from Fresh Prince in at least one episode too. That's not such a useless thing to remember as Hilary was great.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Glebe on February 22, 2024, 05:03:50 AMJim says "Fools and Horses is on" or words to that effect in one episode.

There's also a bit where Jim's ribbing Antony about him and Emma's riveting conversations "... I hope she likes The Simpsons" then Barb says Jim reminds her of 'Homo'.

Glebe

Quote from: wrec on February 21, 2024, 08:56:49 AMThey sampled the Mr. Ed theme on Time to Get Ill also.

Actually it turns out there's a lot of these references.

Interesting, thanks for that Wreco!

Quote from: bobloblaw on February 21, 2024, 12:25:08 PM'What's on the box? / 'Man About the House' with Paula Wilcox'
- Belle & Sebastian, 'Photo Jenny'

:)

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 22, 2024, 11:08:11 PMThere's also a bit where Jim's ribbing Antony about him and Emma's riveting conversations "... I hope she likes The Simpsons" then Barb says Jim reminds her of 'Homo'.

:D

Norton Canes

Caught a bit of As Time Goes By on Play last night (it's Mrs Canes' favourite nostalgia hit - that and being paid compliments in public) and there's this bit where Alistair's talking about buying up a big country hotel (as in, it's a big hotel in the countryside, not a hotel owned by Mark Brzezicki) and Jean says to Lionel he'll be like a "latter day Basil Fawlty".

One for 'Sitcoms which reference other sitcoms' completists, there.

Norton Canes

I like to amuse Mrs Canes by always singing the theme to Birds of a Feather when the As Time Goes By credits start to roll

gilbertharding

Probably doesn't count for the thread (is anyone still bothered by that?) but Fletch mentions the Magic Roundabout in Porridge.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 28, 2024, 10:31:28 AMI like to amuse Mrs Canes by always singing the theme to Birds of a Feather when the As Time Goes By credits start to roll

Waddle Eye Dooo...?

Norton Canes

Glebe

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 28, 2024, 11:41:28 AMProbably doesn't count for the thread (is anyone still bothered by that?) but Fletch mentions the Magic Roundabout in Porridge.

Also mentioned in Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?:

(from approx 22:12):

I've only ever seen bits of the Porridge film, but I think there's a bit where Fletch mentions Jaws 2 which feels weird.