Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greatest harmony singing part

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, March 07, 2024, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, ABBA were contenders but I had to give it to the ending of this absolute beast:

Mwnger

Has to be Because by the Beatles because, well, just because...

DrGreggles

Always loved the Mamas & Papas harmonies.

SteveDave

The "All you gotta do is pay to pray" line in this

Golden E. Pump

'7' by Prince is absolutely S-tier. In fact, the whole Love Symbol Album is on another level as far as layering harmonies goes.

Oosp

The Voice Squad have this covered.
Behold:

Banks of the Bann:

The Bonny Light Horseman:

The Parting Glass:

Also:

The Bulgarian State Radio & Television Female Vocal Choir - Kalimankou Denkou (The Evening Gathering) (solo:Yanka Roupkina)

Vodkafone

Probably get flamed for posting folk music but Melrose Quartet are all about the harmonies and this one is especially lovely

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Mwnger on March 07, 2024, 11:26:51 PMHas to be Because by the Beatles because, well, just because...

My first thought was The Beatles but I'd go for

My cat i currently staring at my laptop with a really shocked/disturbed expression on her face as it's playingd

Cuellar

Not particularly for the harmonies themselves although the tierce de picardie at the end is nice, but the bollocks of it

One of first bits of vocal polyphony, cadence at 3:20 when they finally finish the first two words of the song

Vodkafone

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Vodkafone on March 08, 2024, 08:14:05 PMOr first part of this

Yes absolutely banging. Would thoroughly recommend going after everything you can find by Trio Bulgarka or the Bulgarian State TV Female Vocal Choir

Cuellar

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

There are some lovely arrangements on Chumbawamba's "English Rebel Songs" - I'm particularly fond of the Idris Strike Song - but if we're focusing strictly on harmonies, then this is perhaps the pick of the bunch: